2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First K20 GE8 Fit in the U.S!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:59 PM
First K20 GE8 Fit in the U.S!!!!

It's been a long road and we finally did it, put a K20 in our 2010 Honda Fit/GE8.
Goodbye FitFreak.

&thanks to those FitFreak members who have supported our project!

Last edited by EnticedByTiffany; 06-04-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator
congratsssssssss

Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Very nice but not even close to the first in the states congrats tho must have been a lot of work since it a rare swap

Old 06-01-2014, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Yes it was the first in the US.

Stupid '14s.

Congrats Coco!

Old 06-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Yes it was the first in the US.

Stupid '14s.

Congrats Coco!
Cocowheat thanks ya!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Is Coco still using the 4 lug hubs up front? I thought I saw the stock GE8 wheel up there.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Is Coco still using the 4 lug hubs up front? I thought I saw the stock GE8 wheel up there.
Yes, he is.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EnticedByTiffany
Nice job and congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing more videos of how it runs

Old 06-02-2014, 05:39 AM
5 Year Member
I miss that K sound.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by xcosmox
Nice job and congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing more videos of how it runs
Thank you

Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Nicely done and something to be proud of for sure. Congrats you two.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Nicely done and something to be proud of for sure. Congrats you two.
Thank you a bunch! Lots of time spent working on it as well as cussing and regrets, but it only gets better from here

Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 PM
pretty dope but what motor mounts id you use? what shift linkage/cables? did it use OEM parts aside from the motor mounts?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
pretty dope but what motor mounts id you use? what shift linkage/cables? did it use OEM parts aside from the motor mounts?
As per the significant other's request, I'm not allowed to list what parts were used. He will make a build thread if he changes his mind and/or returns to FF.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:41 PM
It's the attitude and people like your "significant other" that make this community slow, unsupportive, and dead.

Other communities welcome showing off their efforts, writing up DIYs to support the community, and generally look forward to showing and encouraging others to explore opportunities with their cars. They embrace others through a shared connection of a vehicle and make the world a better place.

Shame on anyone who would decide to keep progress and continual advancement away from the community due to pride or an "I have it and you don't" type attitude. Gloating to people and showing off isn't productive and serves no positive purpose on these boards.

My only advice is to embrace this community. If you're proud of your car and your work, then you should be able to show off what you did. Show us the intense time taken to do a job right and the pride you put into your work. Grow the community and inspire people into working on their cars.

What you decide to do is up to you. Great job on the car. It makes me miss my old K24 powered rsx. I look forward to the day a mount kit comes out for the fit, and if my research into the CRZ mounts pays off, I'll share it with the community.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by anjuna
It's the attitude and people like your "significant other" that make this community slow, unsupportive, and dead.

Other communities welcome showing off their efforts, writing up DIYs to support the community, and generally look forward to showing and encouraging others to explore opportunities with their cars. They embrace others through a shared connection of a vehicle and make the world a better place.

Shame on anyone who would decide to keep progress and continual advancement away from the community due to pride or an "I have it and you don't" type attitude. Gloating to people and showing off isn't productive and serves no positive purpose on these boards.

My only advice is to embrace this community. If you're proud of your car and your work, then you should be able to show off what you did. Show us the intense time taken to do a job right and the pride you put into your work. Grow the community and inspire people into working on their cars.

What you decide to do is up to you. Great job on the car. It makes me miss my old K24 powered rsx. I look forward to the day a mount kit comes out for the fit, and if my research into the CRZ mounts pays off, I'll share it with the community.
Lol. That's all I have to say.

J's racing did the swap. Spoon sport did the swap. Are they entitled or owe "the community" anything? The answer is no.

The fit community is dead anways. Not because of people like me who refuse to spoon feed you info. A community has to be self driven before they can expect anything from anyone.

Plus I never said I refuse to give out info. I just don't time to BS with a all talk no walk "community" like this one.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Ps. The little rumors you heard about the Crz k swap mounts working? That rumor was started and confirmed by me, so your welcome because none of you had the balls to rip your motor out to test fit them.

See my point? The majority of guys will just sit here and talk. So excuse me if I don't feel entitled to spoon feed you.

Last edited by Cocowheat; 06-03-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
Ps. The little rumors you heard about the Crz k swap mounts working? That rumor was started and confirmed by me, so your welcome because none of you had the balls to rip your motor out to test fit them.

See my point? The majority of guys will just sit here and talk. So excuse me if I don't feel entitled to spoon feed you.
spoon feeding or not I'd love to hear about how you guys did it, especially the wiring and things like the axles and whatnot. When you get a chance if you're willing to share any unique challenges/solutions you came across in this swap i'm sure many of us would be all ears.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by anjuna

A mounting kit will NEVER exist for the Fit.

Ever.

Why? Because the owners (for the vast majority) are as Coco describes...also look up his 'started threads,' dude has posted a lot more helpful stuff than you with your ONE post.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats!!!!

Quick Reply: First K20 GE8 Fit in the U.S!!!!