2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport 2013 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Question Sport 2013 questions

I've had my Fit Sport 2013 for a month now. It has less than 50k miles on it and runs amazingly. Right away I put in all weather floor mats (Honda brand) and window visors (3rd party ones that cost a lot less & I'm full of regret, but they work). Also bought the cargo cover.

1st with a minor(?) issue I do have with the car. After I installed the cargo cover, a few weeks after I bought it, I noticed something missing above the cargo area. Well, it looks like something is supposed to be there. I'm just not sure what. Their is a hard plastic piece in the roof that looks to be missing something. I see no wires in it, so I don't think it's a light. What is it? I'll provide a picture later, if needed.

Next problem I have is the stereo. CD. No Bluetooth. I knew of this when buying it and intend on an aftermarket, but what? Their are several that fit the Fit listed on Crutchfield. Already know I want a touch screen with backup camera option, bluetooth, and works well with iPhone. Some reviews say different stereos require the iPhone to be plugged into the unit to listen to music. Others seem to only list Android features. I do not need a navigation unit. Just... bluetooth streaming music from my iPhone with backup camera optional. Would prefer no DVD in the unit, but they all seem to have it. I have no intention of ever watching movies in my car. So... a suggested stereo model would be nice. I already know Alpine, Kenwood and a few other good brands. Alpine all seem to be very expensive navigation units though, so that's not going to be an option.

Should I replace the speakers? The current ones sound ok to me, but I currently don't drive that far.

When I bought the Fit, I did notice some paint chips in the hood and 2-3 on the driver side. The dealership is ordering me some touch-up paint. I didn't ask, but I imagine I'll have to do this myself or hire someone to do it for me. Anyone know an estimated price on paint chip touch-ups for at least the hood? Wanting to know what it'll cost me.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
if you are going to replace the head unit, i would recommend new speakers. the stock speakers suck. unless all you are worried about is hooking your phone up

Old 07-06-2016, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
My main concern right now is connecting my phone via bluetooth to my system as well as getting a backup camera. Don't tend to drive long distances. Only takes me about 5 minutes to get to my weekday job and 10 mins to my weekend job. Wanting the stereo upgrade so I can stop taking 5 mins trying to decide on what CD I'll take for the short drive. Backup camera for when I go into Boston.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Just find a good head unit that has the features you're looking for and a decent installer. Speaker replacement is for the audiofiles seeking the ultimate in in-car entertainment. Honda Fit has so much road noise I think you'd be wasting your money on new speakers... IMO.

That said, I think Honda uses Pioneer speakers, at least that's what was in my old Civic prior to getting a 2013 Fit Sport, and if you like how they sound now, they'll sound equally if not better with a new unit.

Once you go down the rabbit hole of aftermarket audio, there is a point of no return with diminished returns. Why not just plug you iPhone into the USB jack in the upper glove box and use your iPhone for nav? That's all I do... call it a day. I believe if you run the 1/8th" audio jack you can take calls through the speakers of the car. The iPhone mic is powerful enough to pick up your vioce.

As far as paint touch-up. I am a detailer (North of Boston) and the system I use on my cars and customer cars is called Dr. Colorchip. They'll paint match and it's easy to go on, and it's pretty forgiving if you make a mistake. Meaning there is a period of time after application (seconds to minutes) where you can take it off and retry. After that it's pretty permanent and blends nicely. Remember any touch-up work is just to pass a 3' look test. If you're going to bend over and carefully examine the hood, best bet is a respray from a body shop.

Aside from that, it's hard to prevent road rash as the Fit's low swooping hood has a tendency to catch everything.