2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Honda - help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:44 PM
Question Buying a Honda - help needed

Hello guys!

Within the next couple of weeks I'll be buying my own Honda Jazz. This is also going to be my first car ever (yay!). Obviously the car will come from the second-hand market so I'm looking for an advice what should I pay attention to. I don't know much about cars so non-Honda specific advice is much appreciated as well. I'm going for a model with panoramic roof if I find any.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2018, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Maintenance history if it’s available. Look for freshly painted body panels or new headlights which might indicate an accident. Look at engine for any obvious red flags (rigged or broken things). Check body panels for serial numbers also. Take it for a drive and listen for any strange noises. Take a friend or family member if you have anyone more familiar with cars.

Also if the price is to good to be true or the person is wanting to sell it fast, walk away.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Because you asked about a Honda Jazz, I assume that you are not in the US or Canada where the similar vehicles are called a Honda Fit. The reason I bring this up is most of the resources that we have on line will not include other countries. There may be an equivalent resource in your country.

So I would see if there is any on line place where you can look up the history on the vehicle you are considering buying. Just get the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) off of the vehicle you are looking at and key it into google to see if anything comes up. The VIN on US and Canadian left hand drive vehicles can be seen through the lower driver's side bottom of the front window with having to open a door.

I believe that you are in the EU and therefore the rules governing VINs are set by the EU.

Also here a web site for checking EU VINs :

https://www.carfax.eu/glossary/vin-check.html

Old 07-26-2018, 09:23 PM
If it's automatic, check to see when the last transmission flush was done, or if it was ever done.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys! This is a beauty I finally bought. Only 60k on odometer