Front Grille Replacement - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Front Grille Replacement

Old 01-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Front Grille Replacement

First time posting here in a while.

I recently got dinged by a car and had significant damage done to the front grille. Was wondering if anyone had any pictures on how to replace it. Was curious if the bumper had to be removed in order to replace. I have a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Already got a replacement grille although it looks different than the one I had in place which is the honeycomb looking grill. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jinuevo View Post
First time posting here in a while.

I recently got dinged by a car and had significant damage done to the front grille. Was wondering if anyone had any pictures on how to replace it. Was curious if the bumper had to be removed in order to replace. I have a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. Already got a replacement grille although it looks different than the one I had in place which is the honeycomb looking grill. Thanks in advance.
Not that difficult. With hood open pry up all the pins to remove the black cover along the top. Then with a stubby Phillips you can remove the screws in either end of the grille. Easy. I replaced mine with upgraded one and sprayed it white with Plasti-coat.