2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Orange fit photo and video- off original topic

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Exclamation OMG, pics and a video of the ORANGE fit inside!

Saw this one parked down the street from my house. WTF, does everyone buy fits here by the beach?

The orange is really light... looks like copper. Looks good. Looks better than the blue and I'm a total blue snob.

VIDEO: YouTube - 2009 Honda Fit ORANGE

(remember to watch it in HIGH QUALITY via the link under the video)

PICS:

(NOTE: copy of original post for this thread)

Last edited by sam; 09-08-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: created separate negative/offtopic thread
Old 09-08-2008, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
Ugh...I hate the look of the '09's worse than I thought I would. Such a $hitty redesign and the taillights look like a$$. The '07-'08's were so distinctive...only slightly resembling an Aveo from behind. But this looks too much like the Matrix. Thanks Honda for taking fresh and new and puking all over it.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
Ugh...I hate the look of the '09's worse than I thought I would. Such a $hitty redesign and the taillights look like a$$. The '07-'08's were so distinctive...only slightly resembling an Aveo from behind. But this looks too much like the Matrix. Thanks Honda for taking fresh and new and puking all over it.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel???

I think the '09s just look like a mini-van. It could be a Sienna for Pete's sake! I think it's a FAIL. But now everyone is going to scream "HATER!"

Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Eh, they can call me a hater...I never thought I'd become a car snob, but I dunno. These feelings...they're so....STRONG!! :P

I understand about having only 2 years of the original NA Fit on the road. That might be a good thing for those of us currently rockin it. I'm hoping that history will point to that being the one to have!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Yep...Honda totally lost me on this one. Sad to say that I'd have to wait for yet another redesign before considering buying another Fit. They took a great car.......and......well.....basically ruined it.

The $hit-kicker of it all is this...WE'RE FIT PEOPLE!!! I could understand this kind of a viceral reaction from someone outside the Fit community....but we're Fit people! If there's this much negative reaction within the community (a community that LOVES their Fits), then obviously you're not doing something right.

Last edited by BigBadMadMan; 09-08-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
sorry, I've been away from the site for about 3 weeks and so all this is catching me off guard.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Wiggum's photo looks like he threw in some contrast with photoshop, it's way too vivid. I think the new orange fit looks like shit, literally.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Moved the negative-to-orange and off topic posts here. Seems like a separate discussion and was reported. Here's the link to the original destination thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...it-inside.html

Last edited by sam; 09-08-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
mispost.... moving to correct thread

Last edited by EyeDreamt; 09-08-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: crap... wrong post... they moved it
Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
sorry, I've been away from the site for about 3 weeks and so all this is catching me off guard.
I see we got put into the corner...where's that dunce cap smiley??

Only 400 posts and already banished for going OT!! And it's all YOUR FAULT!!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
The $hit-kicker of it all is this...WE'RE FIT PEOPLE!!! I could understand this kind of a viceral reaction from someone outside the Fit community....but we're Fit people! If there's this much negative reaction within the community (a community that LOVES their Fits), then obviously you're not doing something right.
Obviously you're not a Fit person, you're a GD Fit person. I can't help but notice that every time I come here, there are always more people in the GE forum than all the other Fit forums combined. Seems to me it's doing just fine with the enthusiasts, and I haven't read a single negative published review. At any rate, there probably wasn't anyone tearing down your car purchase when you were buying the GD, so it would be nice if you wouldn't rag on our purchase when you come into the GE forum and spout your same hatred of the new Fit in every thread. We get it, you don't like it. Now please let us enjoy it.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pirelli P Zero
Obviously you're not a Fit person, you're a GD Fit person. I can't help but notice that every time I come here, there are always more people in the GE forum than all the other Fit forums combined. Seems to me it's doing just fine with the enthusiasts, and I haven't read a single negative published review. At any rate, there probably wasn't anyone tearing down your car purchase when you were buying the GD, so it would be nice if you wouldn't rag on our purchase when you come into the GE forum and spout your same hatred of the new Fit in every thread. We get it, you don't like it. Now please let us enjoy it.
Good post.

I noticed that it's the owners of the first gen that show most of the hate. I guess they're just justifying their purchase.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Justifying my purchase? Ummmm to who exactly? Quite silly statement. I bought my Fit because I liked it. Which you're certainly entitled to do as well...no one's taking that away from you. I didn't get any hate from people for buying my Fit, but that wouldn't have mattered much.

You fellas ARE right about one thing though...the part about most of the gate coming from GD owners. It's one thing to get $hit from Scion owners about your Fit...but it's quite another to get it FROM OTHER FIT OWNERS.

If you know anything about business, you know that it's not a great idea to piss off your customer base. To create this level of disgust within your own customer base, you risk alienating many of them. That means many of your current Fit owners will likely not be REPEAT Fit owners unless there is another model change.

Repeat customers are what all automobile manufacturers want...and this doesn't help ensure that.

all hail the new '09 Suzuki Aero...because that's what this is...

I AM a Fit Freak...I am a Fit owner...just because I don't like this one doesn't change that. As far as I'm concerned, the GD3 is the ONLY Fit...and I certainly wouldn't be upset if the '09 is a complete and utter failure...

But thanks for the advice on what I should and shouldn't do. I highly doubt I'll give it much thought.

Last edited by BigBadMadMan; 09-09-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
I don't see post after post trying to put down your older Fit here.

I do see you persist at puking on the new fit over and over again. That seems to be all you do here.

Why are you even in this 09 Fit section if you dislike it so much? Are you just trying to get a reaction?

All this seems like trolling to me.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Ok. Well, let's disect that first point. Perhaps that's because the vast majority of Fit owners here are GD3 owners. I figured that went without saying, but obviously not.

"all you do here"

Hmmm...I posted in THREE '09 threads...which probably sums up the entirety of probably my last 10 posts or so. But, hey...there's nothing wrong with a little exaggeration here and there.

I would be willing to net, however, that it won't take long until there will be a whole new breed of $hit (GE Fit) owners who will be more than happy to look down on the First-Gen Fit owners...and "puke" on them, as you put it. It's not just likely, I'm entirely expecting it.

Why was I posting in the '09 forum? Well, as I stated in this particular thread (see above) which was originally in the other thread before it got moved, that I had been away from the forum for about 3 weeks. I went in there out of curiosity and posted my opinion in all of THREE threads. One of which was entitled "Disappointed in the '09?" so it seemed appropriate to post there.

You registered in '06. Does that mean you have now had both models or what? If you've been here that long, then you either owned or were interested in a GD3...so which is it?