2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circuit Hero (or whatever) shift extender in GE... Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
I think I'm going to pick one of these up before summer. Interested to see how it'll feel without any short shifter or anything.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
The OEM shifter is by no means a short-throw shifter. Yes, installing the Circuit Hero shift lever extender would decrease the distance between the steering wheel and shift knob, but the throwing distance will have increased. Thus leading to longer gear shifts. These shift lever extenders IMO are better suited for older Hondas (Civic [EG], Integra [DC], etc...).

Old 01-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
The OEM shifter is by no means a short-throw shifter. Yes, installing the Circuit Hero shift lever extender would decrease the distance between the steering wheel and shift knob, but the throwing distance will have increased. Thus leading to longer gear shifts. These shift lever extenders IMO are better suited for older Hondas (Civic [EG], Integra [DC], etc...).

Thus the reason I asked about the H-Fit shift kit.

I freaking HATE short throw shift kits that make the shifter feel like an Atari joystick. I guess it's personal preference but I prefer long shifters, call me old school, I dunno. I guess I just like to shift with some feeling of purpose instead of just flicking the shifter around with my fingers like I do now.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
You have a mechanical advantage with a longer lever so fast shifting with an extension is going to be hard on the shifting mechanism... I can't do quick shifts with a flick of my wrist like I could before getting the extension but I can sit back further in my seat and reach the lever now without having to lean forward.... It does take awhile to get used to but I like it.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I freaking HATE short throw shift kits that make the shifter feel like an Atari joystick. I guess it's personal preference but I prefer long shifters, call me old school, I dunno. I guess I just like to shift with some feeling of purpose instead of just flicking the shifter around with my fingers like I do now.
Me too.

Not sure if you've seen this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...r+circuit+hero if I'm not mistaken it has throw distance measurements (albeit for a GD3), but that might give you a better idea of which combination might work for you. (?)

Been wanting one of those extenders but 3"-3.75" is way too high for me. Anyone know if they make them more in the 1"-2" range?

Old 01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8

I just want it closer to the steering wheel. If the throws feel too long I'll remove it.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Me too.

Not sure if you've seen this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...r+circuit+hero if I'm not mistaken it has throw distance measurements (albeit for a GD3), but that might give you a better idea of which combination might work for you. (?)

Been wanting one of those extenders but 3"-3.75" is way too high for me. Anyone know if they make them more in the 1"-2" range?
I've seen some that are adjustable that you can add-on pieces and remove them, it comes with 2 straight pieces and one bend. Just use the straight piece.

I have a meeting but I will find it and post when I get back.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Please update on quality when you get it, thanks for being a guinea pig.

I want to know before I invest my hard-earned $10.
for sure. i ordered it this morning and he shipped it out about an hour ago. pretty quick service.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
FitStir, this is the one I was talking about:

HONDA Shifter Extender KIT : JTC Customs

You could just use one or two of the straight pieces or the one curved one. I loved having a curved extender since i'm tall and usually have to reach for the shifter a little bit.

The way you sit in the Fit is different and i'm way closer to the shifter than i'm used to being. I don't think i'd want or need a curved extension in the Fit, you might like it though.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

WOW! Thank you so much Wanderer, I'd rep you again if I could.
That's exactly what I was thinking of (never searched for it though). I'm on the shorter side, but my reason to raise it a little is to be at about the same height when my arm is on the armrest so I don't have to take my arm off the rest. One of those sizes combined with a short shifter should be at or a little less than stock throw (I wouldn't mind it a little shorter but not like a joystick either). I'd rather flick my wrist than flick my fingers.

Speaking of Atari joysticks, they used to work with C64's, 128's etc.etc.. ahahaha the old Commodore days.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
WOW! Thank you so much Wanderer, I'd rep you again if I could.
That's exactly what I was thinking of (never searched for it though). I'm on the shorter side, but my reason to raise it a little is to be at about the same height when my arm is on the armrest so I don't have to take my arm off the rest. One of those sizes combined with a short shifter should be at or a little less than stock throw (I wouldn't mind it a little shorter but not like a joystick either). I'd rather flick my wrist than flick my fingers.

Speaking of Atari joysticks, they used to work with C64's, 128's etc.etc.. ahahaha the old Commodore days.
Glad I could help out, I was considering getting that one just because I liked how it could be customized and I was thinking i'd put the curve on the bottom and the two straight on the top. I may still get it, my wife will probably tell me it's ugly

I used to use Commodore 64/Atari typing that made me feel old. Then again I was only 10 or so haha.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I used to use Commodore 64/Atari typing that made me feel old. Then again I was only 10 or so haha.
Same here.. hahaha

I noticed they also sell the individual pieces separately, so definitely going to get this.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Please update on quality when you get it, thanks for being a guinea pig.

I want to know before I invest my hard-earned $10.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/npanelo/6785350777/http://www.flickr.com/photos/npanelo/6785350777/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/npanelo/, on Flickr

here's a quick review

Old 01-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks NPH! Posted in your review. I'll probably pick this up.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Well I cheaped out even more and bought one of the $6 ones off of eBay. I only did it with the intention that i'm not really sure how I was going to feel about it, so didn't want to drop $30-$40 on something I didn't like, and if I did end up liking it i'd pick something up later that was a little better quality. Thinking about that Jeep one that was posted in another thread.

Well, surprisingly this thing was just fine.

Name:  48EE88B7-E81D-45B9-8585-000217EF241C-2599-00000377B72AED9C_zps5e132267.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  46.2 KB

Excuse the iPhone pics, missing shift boot I have yet to replace after my rubber shift boot fiasco (stapled sunglass bag in it's place right now ).

It does the job and shift feels much better with a light knob like that (more leverage). Need to add a small spacer inside to orientate the stamp on the knob better as there's no lock nut, I have some random rubber bits at home to use for that. Will probably end up getting a ball knob.

Was worried 2nd and 4th would be uncomfortable but not so. Driving impressions to come after my commute home

Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Haha... Wish I had found this sooner.. I have like 3-4 of these things laying around including a home made one that's like 6+"

This was my last setup:
Name:  20120921_171942.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  312.7 KB

The weighted knobs on top ended up just making everything too floppy. Now I just have the longer knob to start worth and I'm aaaalmost happy LOL

Old 05-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
The weighted knobs on top ended up just making everything too floppy. Now I just have the longer knob to start worth and I'm aaaalmost happy LOL
I was curious about that actually, was worried a ~500g knob would flop around a lot with an extender. I've always used delrin or lightweight knobs. Was thinking about Buddy Club, I miss my old Trust knob it was like the BC but no base.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Well I have that extender, an even longer one, that round 1.5+ pound knob and a Skunk2 weighted one all sitting around. Your welcome to borrow them and test different combos some time. OR you can actually come to a HellaFit meet for once and see lots of options in person

Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
Well I have that extender, an even longer one, that round 1.5+ pound knob and a Skunk2 weighted one all sitting around. Your welcome to borrow them and test different combos some time. OR you can actually come to a HellaFit meet for once and see lots of options in person

I don't have FB, will check threads.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Haahaha, fair enough. Next one is 5/18. Going to do Dim Sum and a cruise. Going to do Oriental Tea House in San Leandro at noon, eat, then drive around Lake Chabot and Berkely to end up at eh Lawrence Hall of Science. Should be good times Got 6-7 cars confirmed already!

Quick Reply: Circuit Hero (or whatever) shift extender in GE... Pics?