2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Installing Floor Mats 2009??????

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Thumbs down Installing Floor Mats 2009??????

Ok wow. Believe it or not i cannot install the Honda Fit 2009 floor mats.....I bought the mats from the dealer yesterday... The instructions in the box are in French and Metric system......

So im going by the diragrams(no help)

So by the looks of it for some odd reason the morons @ Honda decided to allow all season floor mats clips to be installed in every honda but the HONDA FIT...

The pictures show that i need too take a knife and cut 4 holes into my carpet inorder too manually install the mat clips...any tips on how too do it so i dont mess it up?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kory G
Ok wow. Believe it or not i cannot install the Honda Fit 2009 floor mats.....I bought the mats from the dealer yesterday... The instructions in the box are in French and Metric system......

So im going by the diragrams(no help)

So by the looks of it for some odd reason the morons @ Honda decided to allow all season floor mats clips to be installed in every honda but the HONDA FIT...

The pictures show that i need too take a knife and cut 4 holes into my carpet inorder too manually install the mat clips...any tips on how too do it so i dont mess it up?
You live in Canada and can't read French?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by mugen666
It is pointless too learn french in Canada.. Its not even real French...Its soo stupid.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 AM

Thanks for the link! What a stupid design.....

Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the link! What a stupid design.....
It's actually a very good design, if you stop to think about it. As for French. French is French. Especially if it is written. As far as your comment on it not being real French, Canadian French is different from French spoken in France. But that's the same with French spoken in any other country. Think about English for a sec. It is different in Canada, the US, and the UK. The spelling is even different. Color = colour, neighborhood = neighbourhood, center = centre, etc.

You seem to be a very angry person. In just a handful of posts, I can see you are very negative in the way you say things.

"the morons@Honda?"

BTW, I hate French with a passion. Even though it is one of the two official languages of our great nation, I sucked at it in school.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Thumbs down

It's actually a very good design, if you stop to think about it. As for French. French is French. Especially if it is written. As far as your comment on it not being real French, Canadian French is different from French spoken in France. But that's the same with French spoken in any other country. Think about English for a sec. It is different in Canada, the US, and the UK. The spelling is even different. Color = colour, neighborhood = neighbourhood, center = centre, etc.

You seem to be a very angry person. In just a handful of posts, I can see you are very negative in the way you say things.

"the morons@Honda?"

BTW, I hate French with a passion. Even though it is one of the two official languages of our great nation, I sucked at it in school.

How is it a good design? You pay 24K for a product...an extra 300$ for floor mats... Now you have too cut holes in your floor of you car?

They dont even put markers.. "Here you go! Have fun cutting up your floor". Its a VERY stupid moronic design....They use the same Dashboards in hondas, cant they put in the damn floor hooks?

It is NOT a good design!

Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM
How is it a good design? You pay 24K for a product...an extra 300$ for floor mats... Now you have too cut holes in your floor of you car?

They dont even put markers.. "Here you go! Have fun cutting up your floor". Its a VERY stupid moronic design....They use the same Dashboards in hondas, cant they put in the damn floor hooks?

It is NOT a good design!
actually...there are markers....theres a tiny line on the rubber part of the mat and the carpet is dented so you have an idea where to cut......

Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member

It is NOT a good design!
You paid how much?

I got the floor mats, the mud guards, and the cargo mat thrown in for free.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
yeah buddy...24k for a fit is kinda alot...i got mine for about 20k...sport w/ navi

Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
What is wrong with the metric systems

Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LaoSiFu
What is wrong with the metric systems
What's even weirder is Canada is a metric country. Maybe this fellow failed school and hates French, science, and math.

I think he's a 13 year old posing as a Fit Owner. He's probably from........... Somalia, LOL.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by stalonehong
yeah buddy...24k for a fit is kinda alot...i got mine for about 20k...sport w/ navi
Im from Canada...Things are more expensive here...Ontario LOVES too abuse Taxes...Thats what happends when u vote in the same government for 12 years! :P ANYWAYS!..

I grew up this imperial system..then the gov switched back to metric...

And FIT has no markers or dents...soo yeah.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Im from Canada...Things are more expensive here...Ontario LOVES too abuse Taxes...Thats what happends when u vote in the same government for 12 years! :P ANYWAYS!..

I grew up this imperial system..then the gov switched back to metric...

And FIT has no markers or dents...soo yeah.
Your Engrish is embarrassing.

If you grew up using the imperial system, you must be older than 35, because Canada started using the metric system in 1970.

Also, Canada didn't switch back to metric.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
I also think it good design. Some people might not want factory floor mats. If holes and clips are premade, it will not fit other floor mats. and like stalonehong said, there is marks if you look carefully. It's hard to see, and that's the point, Looks cleaner

Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 AM
the OEM floor mats are super easy to install, lol
I bought my 2009 fit sport in the US, the US version with paddle shifters, TPMS and Navi/VSA is so much better then the canadian version. Fit sport in canada does not come with these options....boooo!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm dying over this

Old 06-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry you've had a hard time but once you get them in you'll enjoy how they keep the mats where they need to be.

Cat :x

Old 07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
I got the floor mats, the mud guards, and the cargo mat thrown in for free.
me too, I got the above installed for free when I bought my car.
didn't know the installation is that hard to do....

guys, after all, the FIT is an entry level Honda, I can see why they won't put in a free set of floor or all season matt .... to make profit from us.

another thing is all FIT don't have carpet....which makes it look cheap.
otherwise, I think the design is great as compare to others "Echo or Yaris"

Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by canuck901
the OEM floor mats are super easy to install, lol
I bought my 2009 fit sport in the US, the US version with paddle shifters, TPMS and Navi/VSA is so much better then the canadian version. Fit sport in canada does not come with these options....boooo!
yes, you are absolutely correct, if I knew all these features before hand, I could have imported a US FIT sport model....
its too late now...
unless I sell my car.
hey, did you go through a lot of hassels doing the import?
did you actually save some money?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing Floor Mats 2009??????