2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

best riding springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Question best riding springs?

i have a 09 sport and i wanted to close the gap in between the tire and fenders. this is my daily driver and i plan on having this car for a long time. i would like to put the best riding springs on it without spending a fortune and keeping my factory shocks. what do u guys suggest? thanks

Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
i love my tanabe DF but im looking into get some coilovers soon

Old 01-02-2010, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
I suggest posting this in the suspension section. I've got Progress springs, subtle and well worth the money.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Its hard to find springs that go really low and still provide comfort. I have Tanabe DF210's that are bumpy as shit, and I still have wheel gap. Coilovers is the only way to go, I learned my lesson.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 AM
i love my t1r's, i've been driving lowered cars for so long I don't even notice the little bumps anymore. I stated in another thread I just drove a 1200 mile trip on t1r's, on the freeway its smooth. I think if you're comfortable in your seat than springs don't make too much of a difference in how you'll like the ride.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Its hard to find springs that go really low and still provide comfort. I have Tanabe DF210's that are bumpy as shit, and I still have wheel gap. Coilovers is the only way to go, I learned my lesson.
i like how honest this post is. because theres probly no way to get that good ride quality without changing the shocks/struts as well, the stock ones are just designed to work at a specific height and when you are lowering it the stock ones just work harder and harder because they are at an already low point.

i had alot of spring changes in the past. and i don't think theres anyway you can get that stock ride quality again with out changing struts and shocks as well to work along with the new ride height.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
well ive been definitely contemplating this for a long time .. as qbmurder said, that he learned his lesson, i know i am not gonna be satisfied but damn coilovers are a pretty penny... this is my dd and i aint planing to race/auto-cross in it u know unless they come out with motor mounts for the k series..anyway.. ima try to keep saving for some coils but the more that time goes by, the more im tempted to get springs.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
well ive been definitely contemplating this for a long time .. as qbmurder said, that he learned his lesson, i know i am not gonna be satisfied but damn coilovers are a pretty penny... this is my dd and i aint planing to race/auto-cross in it u know unless they come out with motor mounts for the k series..anyway.. ima try to keep saving for some coils but the more that time goes by, the more im tempted to get springs.
don't make the same mistake i made! why waste your money one springs? save for the coils cuz you know your gonna get them sooner or later.

don't get me wrong i love my DF's but if i hadn't bought the springs i would have had the coils by now with a more comfortable ride at the same height

Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
don't make the same mistake i made! why waste your money one springs? save for the coils cuz you know your gonna get them sooner or later.

don't get me wrong i love my DF's but if i hadn't bought the springs i would have had the coils by now with a more comfortable ride at the same height

yea man i guess imma try to keep strong an keep saving.. another thing that has me so anxious is that i have new shoes for the fit alfready but i havent got tires for them yet maybe this week but i am not putting them on until the car is lowered ..

Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
So all this talk about "just get coils", whats the recommendation?

I've been out of the game so long, when Megan Racing started, it was so under-par, I have no clue if they've really stepped it up or not since then.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
i like how honest this post is. because theres probly no way to get that good ride quality without changing the shocks/struts as well...

... i had alot of spring changes in the past. and i don't think theres anyway you can get that stock ride quality again with out changing struts and shocks as well to work along with the new ride height.
Swift claims their 'Swift Sport' springs will give you that stock ride quality, and in some cases an even better ride quality.

From Swift: "SWIFT made Sport Springs - Let superior performance and comfort lower your car... not your style."

Swift Springs USA

I want my Fit lowered, but I don't want to sacrifice stock ride quality... or not much anyway. (stock GE isn't incredibly smooth to begin with)

Their claims "sound" good. Then again, what are Swift supposed to say? "Buy our springs. They suck... but buy them anyway!"

You or anyone know or have any experience with Swift springs? Haven't seen them mentioned much on these forums.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 PM
It common to want to modify your suspension strictly so that it looks lower but doesn't handle any better? If that's the case I would say save your money and only modify your suspension to improve handling performance not looks...imo

Old 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM
What an ignorant comment. Not everybody has performance as their main priority. Not everybody autocrosses their Fit. Mine is a daily driver so I just want it to look nice.

If I wanted performance, I would have purchased another car.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
What an ignorant comment. Not everybody has performance as their main priority. Not everybody autocrosses their Fit. Mine is a daily driver so I just want it to look nice.

LOL i luv it! yea mine is my DD also and again i only lowered mine just for looks, but now i have a new job, so its time to upgrade to coilovers n work on other suspensions accessories. i wouldn't mind taking the fit to the track just for fun n auto-x for a few hrs....n just like you said...If I wanted performance, I would have purchased another car!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 PM
agreed.

although i've only had my cheap dropzones for couple weeks now, they seem great.. 80 bux, and its pretty much just a bit bouncier than stock. planning on getting coilovers in the summer so, $80 springs for looks seemed liked a good idea, and i have noo regrets so far.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
i'm running on swift springs at the moment. the only reason i got them is that there isn't any company that has come out with a very good set of coilovers that are great bang for the buck. i didn't want to spend anything over $1600 for coils, so I'm waiting for the right company to make the right coilover kit for the right price.

i've been running on the swift springs for almost a year now, and i love it. the ride is superb, and swift springs are great in quality. I have no complaints about them. they only lower the vehicle about 1-1.5 inches, but its still a very noticable difference. going over bumps and stuff, the ride is very comfortable, although you can feel that it is stiffer than stock. i have never worried about any kind of speed bump, in fact, when i go over some speedbumps, i would treat it as if the car were stock height and on stock springs, and I have never ever had a problem.

they may cost a little bit more than other springs out there, but its definitely worth it if you plan on riding on these springs for awhile. i absolutely love them.

Last edited by skinny; 01-13-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by skinny
i'm running on swift springs at the moment. the only reason i got them is that there isn't any company that has come out with a very good set of coilovers that are great bang for the buck.
Is your "the only reason I got them" comment based on any perception of Swift springs supposedly not being as good as other brand springs? Or, did you mean that strictly in relation to you rather having coilovers? In other words, as far as springs go, are you just as happy with the Swifts as you would have been with another brand?

Ever used or tried other brands? Just curious. As my post states above, I don't want to sacrifice ride quality for drop if I'm only getting springs, as opposed to coilovers.

Originally Posted by skinny
they may cost a little bit more than other springs out there, but its definitely worth it if you plan on riding on these springs for awhile. i absolutely love them.
Hmm... it seems to me Swift's pricing was either competitive with other brands, or maybe even better in some instances. That's another reason I was asking about them in my post earlier in this thread. Maybe I need to look at my research again... maybe I'm remembering another brand spring being as cheap or cheaper than most.

No matter, I was definitely wondering about Swift's claim of ride quality, "As good as stock... or better!"

Don't know if you commented in relation to my post above or not... either way, thanks for the info.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 PM

I guess if that's the case and you really want to change your cars appearance i would recommend getting a body kit instead of springs...then you don't have to sacrifice any of your ride quality.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by swimmerdude123
I guess if that's the case and you really want to change your cars appearance i would recommend getting a body kit instead of springs...then you don't have to sacrifice any of your ride quality.
Body kit? Wtf

No offense but many of us like clean looking rides. . Ie: little to no wheel gap.. not gaudy fast and furiousish body kits..

Old 01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I am not even going to try to reason with someone that has a mentality like yours.

Quick Reply: best riding springs?