2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Head/tailights done today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Head/tailights done today!

Since I can't quite swing the CF roof wrap for my car I've had some other things I wanted done to the Fit, here's 2 of my idea's for the car, just done this morning at Extreme Graffics in Villa Park Illinois

Name:  img1302544846167.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  img1302544846621.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  132.7 KB

Name:  img1302544846404.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  116.2 KB

Since its too much work to tone down the "bling" the sport Fit comes with, this is the next best thing, actually better, let me explain. Since the headlights are so large they make a good target on the freeway, or any road for that matter, for rocks and general debris, so it does offer some protection, some is better than none I say.

Doing the tails just ties it all in IMO, especially with my other vinyl mods that I did a couple weeks ago (see my CF thread)

This cost me $120 and that included the foglight lights too, too bad I didn't do it sooner as my d/s fog has a cracked lense already

Next on the agenda is getting the rear diffuser done as well as the mirror caps in the Scotchbrite CF vinyl.

What do you guys think?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:25 PM
a little here and there goes a long way... love the smoked tints!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
a little here and there goes a long way... love the smoked tints!!!
That would look great on your car! BTW, is it out yet

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
FF's Rally Fit Looks real Good! I'm a sucker for an orange Fit
Big Mike

Old 04-11-2011, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
another jazz down the street!!! dang i put my ivtec sticker on the lower part of the hatch thoe!

nice cant wait for my tints this friday

Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
That would look great on your car!
might do the heads just for the August show

Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Night lighting update

So I took the car out for a ride tonight and even though this is the darker tint (vinyl) light is still cast onto the road, at a slightly lesser amount but with having 6k HIDS its ok, probably better for uncoming cars. Only from time to time do I get people flash their headlights at me but when I had my MINI I had that happen too, but those were factory HIDS w/projectors, go figure, probably some older person (like my Mom and step Dad) that hate HIDS at night coming at them

I'm sure I'll just get used to it like I did the difference between the halogens and HIDS. Looking at my pics again though, damn does the car look good, I'm pretty happy with it

Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
So I took the car out for a ride tonight and even though this is the darker tint (vinyl) light is still cast onto the road, at a slightly lesser amount but with having 6k HIDS its ok, probably better for uncoming cars. Only from time to time do I get people flash their headlights at me but when I had my MINI I had that happen too, but those were factory HIDS w/projectors, go figure, probably some older person (like my Mom and step Dad) that hate HIDS at night coming at them

I'm sure I'll just get used to it like I did the difference between the halogens and HIDS. Looking at my pics again though, damn does the car look good, I'm pretty happy with it
In the two years I borrowed the Pathfinder, I got flashed the most when using OE halogen bulbs. According to my sister and her husband (the owners of the truck), the bulb had never been replaced or re-aimed. So... 10 year old bulbs (70k miles). As for the aim... let's put it this way... when I put PNP HIDs in them and did the aiming, I had to pull the aim UP!

Brighter, higher aimed XENON lights (PNP no less)... and the entire time I had them (8+ months) I got flashed less than the OE bulbs in a few weeks.

Go figure.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I really appreciate it

Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Thumbs up

Looks like I got another local FF to get his tails done this Friday

Old 04-19-2011, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
"Nice"...it really pulls everything into a tyte little package... But, is that street legal Cops are anal about smoked tints here even tho i have them as my lic. plate covers... they have not cited me yet

Old 04-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Arrow

Don't know what the cops are going to say and I'm 41 years old In the daylight the brake lights and turn signals are easily seen and at night, well, ofcoarse its fine. In the front, same thing, no problem in the day time. Like I said earlier, I've got 6k HIDS and they work fine at night. I just started a new job and get up before the crack of dawn, actually before the crack of anything for that matter and my lights light up the road just fine, not quite as bright as before but alot more than the stock halogens for sure

Old 04-23-2011, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
I think your car looks great.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

DITTO! Good job KA! Looks sharp.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
"Nice"...it really pulls everything into a tyte little package... But, is that street legal Cops are anal about smoked tints here even tho i have them as my lic. plate covers... they have not cited me yet
I know the law in Washington is that no covering on the lights at all, including tint. That's why I went with the smoked glass. No law saying you can't do that.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 PM
.......Am I the only one that thinks this is riced out?

Old 04-24-2011, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JPD36
.......Am I the only one that thinks this is riced out?
You might be.... Personally, I think it is very well thought out and very tastefully executed... I'm pretty conservative and focus more on function than form and I see nothing on this car that has been done to it that would in any way affect the function... On a ricer sacrificing function for sake of form is standard operational procedure. .. None of that happening here.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator
riced out? no. Honestly im not a real fan of the vinyl down the hood, but thats me and its not my car, so what ever. Over all I do like the black/orange theme you got going on.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:47 AM
sweetness.... this is just what i want to do.... nice ride!

Old 04-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Thumbs up

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my recent mods to the car, I really appreciate it because I'm trying to do the best I can with what I'm driving right now. Honestly, this isn't what I originally wanted for my DD but because of some circumstances that came my way, this is what I ended up with. I've always liked the Fit from a far and when the 09's came out I always said to myself "I'd drive that!".....funny how that worked itself out because once in the car I liked it even more, just wish it was a manual

Now, onto those who think its riced out. First off I'm not offended that there's those who here who could think that because the term is so open. I know enthusists my age and older would say that about my car for sure, they just don't get it and never will because they're closed minded about cars in general. I've always found the muscle car guys don't give the SCC community any credit for anything car related. I call that IGNANT, that's how I say it, LOL. I feel I've got a pretty good eye for tying things together to make them flow right and/or look like it could've come from the factory like that, this doesn't pertain to the smoked vinyl on the head/tailights on my ride, this has more to do with how I did the JAZZ and I-VTEC lettering on the hatch and rear doors. Taking the styling cues from the original Fit and Jazz badges I added a "twist" to the I's and the J but doing the "scoop" there and adding some color by using orange there. IMO, I think this is cool and something I thought of myself, all idea's are some variation of someone elses idea's, right Now, about the hood. Its a love it or hate it thing, I can honestly see that and if I could only swing the CF roof section right now it would tie and make the hood section look better and maybe swing your decision about not liking it....or maybe not, that's ok. I followed the "V" in the hood and like I said, once I do do the roof, it will look great.

I've got a couple more plans for the use of the Scotchbrite CF vinyl. One is the rear diffuser and the mirror covers, well, the previously mentioned roof section too but the rear diffuser/mirrors are only $120, I can swing that, the roof will have to wait a while, maybe next year tax time even, no problem. Other future mods include a Mugen grill, but I'm going to try and find one used because the cheapest I've found that so far is $330 new. I mean its worth it because its a quality piece and well styled IMO. I thought about the sport grill offered by Honda but at $180, I'm almost half way to the Mugen grill, you know.

Finally the wheels. I do like them because they're unique and "Fit" the car pretty well IMO. That being said, next year the wheels will be changed out for a set of Drag DR-20's. I wanted this wheel originally but my conservative side said they're too "funky", well, the Fit is all about FUNK, just look at it I think this is going to be the mod that's going to put my car over the top and yeah, I should have springs by then too, so because of that alone (the Swifts) all the other mods will look better. Its funny how lowering a car makes everything else on it look that much better, but that's just me. I mean look at a bone stock Fit w/springs on it, looks waaaaaaaaaay different

I hope this helps explain my angle at approaching my mods and believe me, I'm not offended at all, I appreciate that noone has gone in the gutter when commenting on the car but then again, its what I've come to expect from this forum, alot better than other forums I'm on or have been on the past 10 years, that's for sure!

Quick Reply: Head/tailights done today!