2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

CF rear diffuser...kinda!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 PM
CF rear diffuser...kinda!

It was time to get my "automotive Botox" shot today and I addressed the rear It was addition by subtraction and then more addition, which equals WIN WIN!

Scotchbrite CF wrap w/removal of bumper protection, even makes the bumper look shorter IMO!
Name:  img1304720578505.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  118.4 KB

IMO, this shot makes it look like its a seperate piece added to the car
Name:  img1304720792782.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  120.5 KB

Gotta represent my home town while living in Chicago! This goes on the d/s and covers up the window mfg info in the corner, perfect spot for it too
Name:  img1304720792382.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  45.9 KB

Now, I REALLY wanna do the roof but don't quite have the funds to do this right now, my g/f and I are moving into an apartment, so its gotta wait a while...BUTT, if someone out there has $400 burning a hole in their pocket and wants to help me out, well, I'd be GRATEFUL

Whatcha think?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
That looks really good, I might end up doing this myself instead of getting the JDP Diffuser. How much did this cost?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Looks really good. I have the same question as the post above me...what's the cost?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
It was only $60.00 installed and because this is done for looks, why spend the HUGE amount for an actual kit that, well let's be honest, does nothing. I'm sure its a quality piece but the pics don't lie

If your going to be near the Chicagoland area soon, call Extreme Graffics in Villa Park Illinois and have them hook you up, the money you save you could have the rear garnish and little triangle infront of the quarter window like I've done also, those were both $30.00 a piece items....so that's $120 for 3 areas being wrapped

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
It was only $60.00 installed and because this is done for looks, why spend the HUGE amount for an actual kit that, well let's be honest, does nothing. I'm sure its a quality piece but the pics don't lie
Because just like performance parts, you get what you pay for. I have the JDP rear diffuser and i wouldn't trade that for a wrap even if you paid for it. IMHO it brings out the rear end better then any carbon fiber looking vinyl wrap, or simply just painting the lower part of the OE bumper. it just gives it more of a flair that i believe our little cars lack in the boring looking rear end. no offense, i love your wrap! i even plan on wraping my roof with 3m-dinoc. i was just giving you my 2 cents on why some of us spend HUGE amounts on show parts that do nothing. then again everything is preferance and budget right?

Old 05-09-2011, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
I like what Klasse Act has done to his car and his sound reasoning as to what is and isn't money well spent... The average enthusiast will never know the difference anyway and many of those that do from having spent money on real carbon fiber would have been better off spending their money on something that would improve the actual function or performance of their car... I had Treks first carbon fiber mountain bike when they came out about 20 years ago and I wish I'd gotten their top of the line bonded aluminum framed bike even though I got a greatly reduced price as a dealer... That thing flexed so badly at the bottom bracket on hills that I was always throwing off the chain from the chain rings... It did get a lot of attention especially when I had to stop on hills and wrestle the chain from between the badly scarred chain stay and small chain ring.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I like what Klasse Act has done to his car and his sound reasoning as to what is and isn't money well spent... The average enthusiast will never know the difference anyway and many of those that do from having spent money on real carbon fiber would have been better off spending their money on something that would improve the actual function or performance of their car... I had Treks first carbon fiber mountain bike when they came out about 20 years ago and I wish I'd gotten their top of the line bonded aluminum framed bike even though I got a greatly reduced price as a dealer... That thing flexed so badly at the bottom bracket on hills that I was always throwing off the chain from the chain rings... It did get a lot of attention especially when I had to stop on hills and wrestle the chain from between the badly scarred chain stay and small chain ring.
noted, i also loved what he did. it looks great! but where you feel money is well spent is nothing but a preferance. you may feel an intake is a good investment because it gives you a few horses. where i may feel an intake is extremely retarded even though it does have a function. (i don't, it was just an example.) I also don't give a S*** about if a "average enthusiast" notices about my car or not. all that matters to me is if I smile when looking at my car. same exact reason i why i invested in real mugen visors intead of knock offs. to each his own, but "money well spent" is jsut an opinionated statement. plus i never said i liked JDPs rear diffuser more because it was "real" carbon fiber. i said i like it better because it gives it a better flair. IMO. still love warping stuff though. probably do my B pillars.

Last edited by EvoFit; 05-09-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Come on now, why would a name brand on plastic vent visors that serve the same function as ones without and sell for 3 times the price be in your opinion an investment ? A member from Taiwan that goes by Lek spoke of being in an accessory shop in his country that catered to the tuner crowd.. Noticing that the both the Mugen and the look alike visors that were being put out for display came in boxes that were shipped from China and were alike in every respect except one had a brand name and the others didn't, chose to get the cheaper ones... I have had the cheaper ones on my car for years, they work fine and the money I saved went toward other functional items that either improve the performance, comfort or handling of my car or was spent on cheap liquor and prostitutes.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
I was considering doing this myself, i actually already have the vinyl but im worried about the heat of the muffler making the vinyl bubble or peel off of the bumper, or worse burn.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
I was considering doing this myself, i actually already have the vinyl but im worried about the heat of the muffler making the vinyl bubble or peel off of the bumper, or worse burn.
Doing something like that shows a tremendous amount of commitment of time and effort... You sure wouldn't want to have it get messed up.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned
I wonder if they removed the bumper to do that? I've done a couple sets of tailights with vinyl and it's tricky. Might try and tackle this if I can find a good deal on the vinyl. If I was doing it myself I think I would take the bumper off and flip it over.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Arrow

I should be a little more clear on this about the actual CF rear diffuser and what I did. There's NO doubt that the actual CF diffuser does change the rear appearance of our cars, waaaay more than what I did for sure. The actual CF diffuser is for those who are looking to go over the top with their Fit's looks and it does do that, its really nice. I didn't mean to make it appear that what I did was so much better and those who spent the money on the actual CF diffuser. If you've got the money and that's the look your going for, more power to you and actually its great to do this because its the only way products get made for a car, especially something like the Fit

Some mentioned doing the B-pillars and I just don't know if it would stick for one and also, might be too much, I just don't know

I have to say that although this isn't my first piece to have wrapped in the Scotchbrite CF vinyl, its the one that always has me looking at the car over and over and over. I'm also glad I had that bumper protection removed at the same time, I think that mod is also underated

Getting the roof wrapped next year will be the "crowning achievement" for my Fit!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
B-pillars etc... should be no problem. Here is a site you can browse their gallery of this wrap on things from interior to an F40 Ferrari! Its funny because I was just looking into this stuff today for car related projects, I've got my tablet wrapped in this stuff and am digging the quality of this product. Be sure to check the youtube videos posted on the site I linked to. There is one where the material is all wadded up with creases and wrinkles and when a heat gun is applied its good as new and applied on the car.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Great Wurk!

K.A., that lookz real gud ma'man. I have a few wrap'd partz also and I get the same commentz from time to time...not real, fake carbon fiber or "whatever". Hey man everybody has there likes and dislikes, but my motto has alwayz been "It's not about what somebody else thinks you shud do to yur ryde because they only use "real" whatever... you do yo' thang mang!

I wrap'd my rear diffuser as well on my GD... Not a single person has come up to me and asked me if that carbon fiber wrap was real or not. The average Joe Blow has no clue if it is or isn't... and so what if they did!

For the other question..I did remove the part before the wrap'n and no, my vinyl has not peel'd/lift'd from the heat from the pipe and I've had it install'd for a while.. But what I do recommend to anyone think'n of doing this is to definitely apply an adhesive first if you expect the cornerz and edges to stay secured.

3M #94 Primer Adhesive Promotor 1/2 Pint for 3D Max | eBay

rearwrap-towdfbdesign018.jpg?t=1304984828

Old 05-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I wanna do the hood on mine. I have so many chips and dings from rocks, pebbles etc. It looks terrible. tried painting it but with no avail. Would wrapping it help in that dept.?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Come on now, why would a name brand on plastic vent visors that serve the same function as ones without and sell for 3 times the price be in your opinion an investment ? A member from Taiwan that goes by Lek spoke of being in an accessory shop in his country that catered to the tuner crowd.. Noticing that the both the Mugen and the look alike visors that were being put out for display came in boxes that were shipped from China and were alike in every respect except one had a brand name and the others didn't, chose to get the cheaper ones... I have had the cheaper ones on my car for years, they work fine and the money I saved went toward other functional items that either improve the performance, comfort or handling of my car or was spent on cheap liquor and prostitutes.
believe it or not authenticity matters to some people. Why pay 500 dollars for a stupid collecter's quarter where the only difference is it has a tiny "S" stamped on the bottom of it? some people get it, some don't. the world still turns.

Last edited by EvoFit; 05-09-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I should be a little more clear on this about the actual CF rear diffuser and what I did. There's NO doubt that the actual CF diffuser does change the rear appearance of our cars, waaaay more than what I did for sure. The actual CF diffuser is for those who are looking to go over the top with their Fit's looks and it does do that, its really nice. I didn't mean to make it appear that what I did was so much better and those who spent the money on the actual CF diffuser. If you've got the money and that's the look your going for, more power to you and actually its great to do this because its the only way products get made for a car, especially something like the Fit
i like you and i like your taste. i didn't mean to come off as defensive as i did to some people. I plan to do this to my roof also.

Last edited by EvoFit; 05-09-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ramjet
I wanna do the hood on mine. I have so many chips and dings from rocks, pebbles etc. It looks terrible. tried painting it but with no avail. Would wrapping it help in that dept.?
Yes it would help tremendously....if applied correctly.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
where did you buy the actual carbon wrap?

Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EvoFit
i like you and i like your taste. i didn't mean to come off as defensive as i did to some people. I plan to do this to my roof also.
We're good EvoFit, no problem

Now, someone asked about doing their hood because of the stonechips, I say go for it, cheaper and easier than painting it but I'd guess my guy would charge about $225 because the center section of my hood was $75.00. I kinda wonder how it would look with my whole hood AND roof done

Quick Reply: CF rear diffuser...kinda!