2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

New pics of my junker

Old 09-21-2011, 12:56 AM
the drop looks really, really good.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks a lot

Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Do you rub on your drop?
What about rubbing on full turns?
Would you rub if you dropped it more?
Are you using any spacers in the front or in the rear?
Are the wheels in the front "in more/tucked" or "flush" with the fender?
What about the rear wheels?

I may be doing this wheel setup again on my new Fit. I believe my wheel and tire specs were exactly the same when I had my GD3 three years ago.

Thanks for all your help!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Do you rub on your drop?
What about rubbing on full turns?
Would you rub if you dropped it more?
Are you using any spacers in the front or in the rear?
Are the wheels in the front "in more/tucked" or "flush" with the fender?
What about the rear wheels?

I may be doing this wheel setup again on my new Fit. I believe my wheel and tire specs were exactly the same when I had my GD3 three years ago.

Thanks for all your help!
Yes, when I hit a large enough bump.
If I hit a large enough bump while making a full turn, yes.
Yes
No, rear could use a spacer but dont feel like swapping to extended wheel studs.
Fronts are too flush, need a camber kit to prevent rubbing.
See previous response.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Yes, when I hit a large enough bump.
If I hit a large enough bump while making a full turn, yes.
Yes
No, rear could use a spacer but dont feel like swapping to extended wheel studs.
Fronts are too flush, need a camber kit to prevent rubbing.
See previous response.
LOL.

Thx
Thx
Thx
Thx
& Thx

That was a quick response.

Now I'm not sure whether I want to go with 15 and thicker tires or 16 and tires of the same specs are yours.

How do the 16s look to you and how nicely does it fill the space. Would you go 15s if you could redo your whole wheel setup?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
I am not too much into form taking precedence over function but I do like the way your car looks dropped like it is... Having the tires making contact with anything other than the surface I am driving on just bothers the hell out of me too.... Slipstreams in my opinion have a classic look that I could never get tired of and they are relatively light in weight as well..Yeah you have a great looking car.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
LOL.

Thx
Thx
Thx
Thx
& Thx

That was a quick response.

Now I'm not sure whether I want to go with 15 and thicker tires or 16 and tires of the same specs are yours.

How do the 16s look to you and how nicely does it fill the space. Would you go 15s if you could redo your whole wheel setup?
They look fine to me. Main reason I went with 16s is the tpms sensors. I don't know either way whether they'd work with 15's but these 16's came up for sale from a good friend so I went with them. I think if you went with 15's & the same series tire, it wouldn't look much different, may not rub as much also.

Yeah I'm sitting at the dealer having them replace a door lock actuator. Fun

Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I am not too much into form taking precedence over function but I do like the way your car looks dropped like it is... Having the tires making contact with anything other than the surface I am driving on just bothers the hell out of me too.... Slipstreams in my opinion have a classic look that I could never get tired of and they are relatively light in weight as well..Yeah you have a great looking car.
Thanks for the love.

Yeah I don't like the rubbing either, not one bit. I got the pro kit thinking I wouldn't have these problems, thinking it wouldn't be quite this low, but here we are. I'm definitely happy with how it looks, just need to get a camber kit to hopefully stop the rubbing.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
They look fine to me. Main reason I went with 16s is the tpms sensors. I don't know either way whether they'd work with 15's but these 16's came up for sale from a good friend so I went with them. I think if you went with 15's & the same series tire, it wouldn't look much different, may not rub as much also.

Yeah I'm sitting at the dealer having them replace a door lock actuator. Fun
The TPMS sensors dont fit in the 15s??? I didnt know this.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Didn't say that. They are designed to work on the 16's that the car comes with, my wheels are also 16's. I said I don't know whether they'll work correctly with 15's or not. There's no reason they won't physically fit, but whether or not they'll work with a smaller wheel, I don't know.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
If you put 195s on there, I bet it wouldn't rub.The offset is a few millimeters too low with the 205s. Since you have 6.5" wide wheels, it would also be a good fit. I love the way your car sits/looks btw!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
I'd say it still would, the wheels are out more than flush to the fenders, I think camber has to be added before rubbing will stop. Only other option is different-offset wheels. Only thing that would help with these wheels other than the camber kit is lower profile tires, which I'm not a fan of.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Banned
Camber kit should help a lot. I put the upper set of camber bolts on mine just for the handling improvement and it tucked the tops of the wheels in significantly. I only added about 1 degree of negative camber. Makes a big difference in the handling as well. I just set the toe to zero using a string box.

Pretty sure TPMS sensors are the same for every wheel size.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
I'd say it still would, the wheels are out more than flush to the fenders, I think camber has to be added before rubbing will stop. Only other option is different-offset wheels. Only thing that would help with these wheels other than the camber kit is lower profile tires, which I'm not a fan of.
Was passing through the Rota site and noticed that they didnt have +42 offset in your 16x6.5 specs. Were you able to find out the exact offset because i remember reading in previous post that you said that you believe them to be +42. On their site they have +45 and +40. Maybe they offered +42 before. Not saying your wrong but just wanted to know because i'm still working on the type of setup I want. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chad T
Camber kit should help a lot. I put the upper set of camber bolts on mine just for the handling improvement and it tucked the tops of the wheels in significantly. I only added about 1 degree of negative camber. Makes a big difference in the handling as well. I just set the toe to zero using a string box.

Pretty sure TPMS sensors are the same for every wheel size.
Sweet, what's the process for installing them? What do they replace? I plan on adding just enough to get the wheels tucked, not a fan of the look.

Was passing through the Rota site and noticed that they didnt have +42 offset in your 16x6.5 specs. Were you able to find out the exact offset because i remember reading in previous post that you said that you believe them to be +42. On their site they have +45 and +40. Maybe they offered +42 before. Not saying your wrong but just wanted to know because i'm still working on the type of setup I want. Thanks!
They are +40

Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I cant see your pixors

photobucket bandwidth exceeded..

Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I usually don't exceed bandwidth but I have big time this month. Pics should be back up tomorrow according to photobucket.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Just noticed your from Ktown..... your not by any chance the "Stormtrooper" ive seen around are ya?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
I have a stormtrooper sticker on it yeah. Where in VA are you?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Used to live in GC... I'm in Ktown now.. im the Blacked out GE8 with the monkey bars in back ... your fit was the one that pushed me over the edge in my decision to buy one. I saw it comming out of a side road in front of the school in bloomingdale. I was with my friend(in his ... i think evox at the time*may have been his EK*) and he killed it pulling out on that giant hill, and i was like "haha you just looked like a tool to the stormtrooper"... anyway later that night i was talking about it with him and decided to trade my SRT in on a fit... the black wheels and the ride height just made the GE8 look kick arse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New pics of my junker