2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

First round of upgrades done!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM
First round of upgrades done!

Got done with the first set of modifications to my 2011 Sport and very happy with the outcome especially since me and a friend did all the installation except for the clear bra. So far I've done Mugen front and rear underspoilers, Mugen grille, clear bra on front/door cups/rear bumper, NRG pedals, Momo shift knob, and Zetaproducts door sills. I think it's a nice upgrade from stock so I thought I'd just share some pics!

Name:  DSC05264.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  DSC05262.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  DSC05259.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  DSC05265.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  54.3 KB

Next up will be wheels, tires, and springs once I've worn down the stock tires a bit more so I don't feel guilty about replacing them lol.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! I think the stock side skirts look fine with the Mugen kit, so good call there.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Nice! I think the stock side skirts look fine with the Mugen kit, so good call there.
Ditto.

What rims are u gonna put on em, Doc?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good.

Is that what I think it is in the garage?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Ditto.

What rims are u gonna put on em, Doc?
Haven't decided yet. At the moment my first choice would be 17" Enkei T-Forks but I need to research first to make sure they'll fit fine. Tire rack seems to only have them in a +38 offset which seems too aggressive but on Enkei's site it says they're available with a +45 - which should be fine.

Also considering the Work XT-7s - seen them on another Taffy Fit here and they look nice but I prefer to not to copy someone else and respect their originality, and I prefer the T-Forks anyway. It'll be a few months yet before I do it so plenty of time to consider options and go crazy deciding which one to get lol.

Originally Posted by Neebs
Looks good.

Is that what I think it is in the garage?
Depends on what you think "it" is. Let me know and I'll confirm or deny lol. Whatever it is it ain't stolen I assure you

If you're talking about the big black Datsun then yes, it's what you think it is lol.

Last edited by gsx-r35; 06-07-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
mmmmmmmmm more pics of the datsun nice fit though lol

Old 06-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by angryfit
mmmmmmmmm more pics of the datsun nice fit though lol
Don't know why you'd want to see my old Datsun when I have shots of my new Fit but I guess a couple of pics wouldn't hurt. Kidding aside, it's a sweet ride but I like it too much to daily drive it - hence the Fit lol.

I thank God all the time that I'm a lucky enough sod to own two fun cars.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Well I guess ill have to see some more. I don't believe you lol beautiful car so so so beautiful

Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Love the GTR. Is it stock underhood?

I got to work on an Alpha 9 a few weeks back before it won One Lap.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Pretty amazing... You must have the only GT-R in Yuma for sure. I've only seen two in Tucson.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gsx-r35
I thank God all the time that I'm a lucky enough sod to own two fun cars
For you to reference a modded GT-R, the Fit, and "fun" in the same sentence is quite flattering to our little econoracers.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by angryfit
Well I guess ill have to see some more. I don't believe you lol beautiful car so so so beautiful
Here's a couple more then - the first one was before most of the mods:

Name:  sig.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  31.1 KB

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Love the GTR. Is it stock underhood?

I got to work on an Alpha 9 a few weeks back before it won One Lap.
It's pretty much stock engine-wise except for a few dress-up bits -for now at least. My mod plan for her is to lighten her while I still have my warranty - hence the titanium exhaust and my planned CF hood and trunk - then when the warranty's over it'll be even better when more power is added

Originally Posted by 2011_Vortex
Pretty amazing... You must have the only GT-R in Yuma for sure. I've only seen two in Tucson.
Actually, the surprising thing is that there are four in Yuma that I know of. Or there used to be until one guy got stupid and totaled his in a DUI. One's been turned into a track car AFAIK and my friend has too many other cars to drive his often so mine is the most likely one now to be seen driving around town.

Originally Posted by hayden
For you to reference a modded GT-R, the Fit, and "fun" in the same sentence is quite flattering to our little econoracers.
Oh, they're definitely both fun cars. Just different kinds of fun lol.

I tell people that the GT-R and Fit are like total opposites. In a GT-R you hit the gas and there's no fuss, not all that much noise, but next thing you know police choppers are chasing you down 'cause you're going a million miles an hour. In a Fit, you hit the gas and there's a BIG fuss, you can hear the engine rev like crazy, you THINK you're going a million miles an hour but then you glance at the speedo and it's at 40 lol.

In the city the Fit is just a joy to throw around

Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Sick GTR man...wish I had that kind of bank!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
nice nice car. love the white. are the nrg just the pedal covers with the four clamps on each that you tighten on? tried some of those but seemed waaaaaaaaaaaaay lame so sold 'em. you should get the mugen or oem sport pedals!!! oh and the window visors and a stubby antenna!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Nice upgrades.

Where'd you get the door cups. First weekend out and i got dinged.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 AM
nicely done with the automobiles...and life in general i guess.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Do the front and rear mugen underskits hang lower than the stock sides?

Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
wow nice fit and my dream car. Ill keep dreaming lol. But definitely nice cars especially GTR

Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct
Sick GTR man...wish I had that kind of bank!
It's kind of late after you posted (I went on vacation) but mind if I ask what wheels you're running in your sig pic? Are those Enkei T-Forks? I ask because I'm considering those for my Fit but I'm not planning on lowering mine significantly. Mind if I ask what the stats are on your setup - offset, diameter, and so forth?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
nice nice car. love the white. are the nrg just the pedal covers with the four clamps on each that you tighten on? tried some of those but seemed waaaaaaaaaaaaay lame so sold 'em. you should get the mugen or oem sport pedals!!! oh and the window visors and a stubby antenna!
Yeah they use those silly clamps. I just really liked the look of them though so that's why I got them instead of the Mugens. Very nice look but sorely lacking in the grip department. I'm keeping them 'til I find something I like more.

Antenna mod is planned but still on the fence about visors.

Originally Posted by Alex S
Nice upgrades.

Where'd you get the door cups. First weekend out and i got dinged.
The door protection I mentioned was just some clear bra in the cups under the handles to keep them from getting scratched by fingernails and such after repeated use - major issue on a white car. Just had my clear bra installer do them custom. I don't have any specific protection against the infernal door-dingers other than my usual anal-retentive parking habits lol!

Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Do the front and rear mugen underskits hang lower than the stock sides?
They do, only slightly in the front, maybe an inch or so in the back IIRC. It lines up just right with the stock Sport side skirts though.

Quick Reply: First round of upgrades done!