2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

New rims on the "Cheese Wedge", absolutely nailed it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Question

What do you guys think about wrapping the entire hood though? Remember, at some point in the future, probably the spring, it will also have the Mugen grill, keep that in mind.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Whole hood would look better. Alot better if roof was done too match. Instead of that I vote DROP>>

Old 08-05-2011, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i also vote for you to lower it more
it would look so good, and the ride on coilovers or springs isnt bad
ive ridden both on my fit

Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 PM
drop is nice. i would remove any wrap from hood though. looks better imo. tint looks good. hate the rims, but i love the tires

Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by SenBlue09
drop is nice. i would remove any wrap from hood though. looks better imo. tint looks good. hate the rims, but i love the tires
Just don't like the style, huh I have 5 other friends rollin' on the Conti DWS' and they all love em, one is a girl w/ a Saab 9-5 wagon who isn't into cars and even she noticed the difference right away!

I'm going to try and set up an extended test drive in the guys Fit I know with Swift sport springs and make a final decision. I had the money to buy them and get em' installed by my buddy back home but I opted to spend the money on the Griots Garage random orbital and supplies, money well spent when you invest in yourself and besides, if I'm lucky I might be able to do enough cars to pay for the parts and install using the wheel, a win win you know

I have a post about my services in here but no bites yet, I wish people could see my car inperson, then they'd get it for sure and hire me on the spot!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
You can lower your car yourself. Its not hard at all. Simple tools and a helper it will be done in a few hours. Me and one guy can do it in about one hour. Just read the DIY threads in this forum, and follow those steps. Get a pro to align it after and your good. Save that install money.

Here food for thought.

Last edited by Bthasht; 08-05-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
looks good man. what offset are you running?

Originally Posted by Klasse Act
The Drag DR20 is what I wanted last year but got cold feet because I thought it was too "funky", but with age comes wisdom and I spent alot of time looking at the reflection of my car in dark colored cars or the glass of buildings yesterday, I couldn't stop looking at it!

Front view

Rear view

Overall look!!!

Cool in the shade!

"The Griots Garage Effect"

3/4 view looking good

Once the roof gets wrapped the look will be complete....well, once I get the Mugen grill it will be complete....WELLLLLL, once matching front struts and rear shocks are available for lowering springs, THEN it will be complete. I rode in a lowered Fit with Swifts and although the look is amazing I felt some bounce and don't know how that's going to translate into handling on a road like the Dragon or Cherahola Skyway though, not to mention driving everyday.

What do you guys think?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
I am surprised that a Fit with Swift springs would feel bouncy, mine has a firm Euro sedan type ride and the tires stay on rough road surfaces in curves and around corners... Had the guy had a different brand of springs with less travel and more rebound before he put on the Swifts?? They engineer them to work with the stock shocks of the car they are meant to be on. The ride is very much like my wife's Forester which was hailed by the automotive press for the ride quality and the articles I read also said it had an European sedan feel to it. Your car still looks great to me, you don't need to change the looks at all. I do think you would be pleased with Swift springs but just to improve the ride and most of all handling.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 08-06-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bthasht
You can lower your car yourself. Its not hard at all. Simple tools and a helper it will be done in a few hours. Me and one guy can do it in about one hour. Just read the DIY threads in this forum, and follow those steps. Get a pro to align it after and your good. Save that install money.

Here food for thought.

Thanks for the photoshop, I can't wait to show this to all my buddy's!

My wheel offset is +40mm, the only one offered for whatever reason and I wonder why that is, I mean all cars don't take the same offset, yes and I know its "ballpark" but with our stock wheels being 53-55mm and the 12-15mm difference is a bit much IMO.

As far as me doing the work myself, never, ever going to happen, I'm no wrench at all and buying my buddy and his roomate dinner and drinks is a small price to pay for this install, he's an automotive engineer who makes your automotive IQ go up about 20 pts just when you talk to him. I'm comfortable with his doing this as he's done many suspension installs on his MINI's and Miata's in the past.

This will be done in time

Old 08-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I was planning on getting a set and this just makes me want them even more

Old 08-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Roger you forgot I'm on the eibach pro kit. Might be why it was bouncy?? Maybe texas can help us on that?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by kevinkidstar138
Roger you forgot I'm on the eibach pro kit. Might be why it was bouncy?? Maybe texas can help us on that?
Oh crap, I guess I missed that

Old 09-10-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
I know it isn't. Because I can count.

But there is kinda a Pentagramish look to those rims. When you hit 66.6 mph does Satan appear?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
I know it isn't. Because I can count.

But there is kinda a Pentagramish look to those rims. When you hit 66.6 mph does Satan appear?
I don't know but maybe "someone above" put me in position to get out of the Fit and into the CR-Z