2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

JDP front lip installed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
JDP front lip installed!

I recently bought the carbon fiber front lip from John at JDP Engineering for my '10 sport. I paid $250 for it, local pick up.

The lip came pre-drilled but when I put it onto my bumper cover, the holes didn't exactly line up with the existing holes in the bumper. I called John (which is the best way to reach him) and he offered to make the 50 minute drive to my house and install it for me. When he came, he also brought bolts with him to use instead of the plastic clips. Great customer service and communication!

Here are some pictures from my phone!

Last edited by benedictARNOLD; 09-04-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:28 AM
looks great! did he have to redrill new holes or something?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
looks nice!

Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feichai
looks great! did he have to redrill new holes or something?
Yea John made the lip's holes bigger. No drilling of my actual bumper or anything.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by benedictARNOLD
Yea John made the lip's holes bigger. No drilling of my actual bumper or anything.
I had to do the same thing when I installed my JDP lip.
To anyone that's about to install this:
It's easiest to just get a drill bit and do it by hand so you don't crack the entire thing. you have to be really careful with it, if you use to much force it'll crack. I was able to get all of the ones in the middle on (with the factory clips, even more of a pita), but the two sides wouldn't reach so I just drilled a new hole into the bumper / lip and secured it with a screw.

Looks great benedict

Old 09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice with pro install. Looks good

Old 09-04-2011, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
THANKS EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
I had to do the same thing when I installed my JDP lip.
To anyone that's about to install this:
It's easiest to just get a drill bit and do it by hand so you don't crack the entire thing. you have to be really careful with it, if you use to much force it'll crack. I was able to get all of the ones in the middle on (with the factory clips, even more of a pita), but the two sides wouldn't reach so I just drilled a new hole into the bumper / lip and secured it with a screw.

Looks great benedict
I noticed you have the JDP rear diffuser installed in some of your pictures. How is it? I'm thinking about buying that piece in the near future.

Last edited by benedictARNOLD; 09-04-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: grammar police
Old 09-04-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed you have the JDP rear diffuser installed in some of your pictures. How is it? I'm thinking about buying that piece in the near future.
One of my favorite mods done so far <3
You have to make the holes bigger like the front lip, but overall the install is pretty much exactly the same. fitment is spot on besides a small gap on the passenger side next to the exhaust, but it's nothing that's really noticeable.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
One of my favorite mods done so far <3
You have to make the holes bigger like the front lip, but overall the install is pretty much exactly the same. fitment is spot on besides a small gap on the passenger side next to the exhaust, but it's nothing that's really noticeable.
Haha damn, it looks like wheels are going to be last on my to-do list once again!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great man, I ordered one from them also but I've had recent damage to my front bumper from a deer which caused me to ordered a mugen front spoiler.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
sweeeeeeet

Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 PM
looks really nice man

Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
WOW! considering that its carbon fiber, that's a very reasonable price!! looks great!!

Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Love it...

Old 10-19-2011, 09:50 AM
want a tip? go to autozone or pepboys or something and buy door edge gaurd and mold it into the edges. trust me, you'll thank me after the lip doesn't eat itsway into your bumper. i'll show you mine if you want.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i like the simplicity and how it flows with the rest of the bumper.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by EvoFit
want a tip? go to autozone or pepboys or something and buy door edge gaurd and mold it into the edges. trust me, you'll thank me after the lip doesn't eat itsway into your bumper. i'll show you mine if you want.
I was contemplating if I should buy something to protect my bumper, but I chose to pay the consequences (if any) later! Could I buy the door edge guard and mold it onto the lip without having to take off the lip? I don't want to have to take the lip off again :/

Originally Posted by concorde
are you going to paint it white?

some guys think it's a travesty to paint over carbon fiber, but the jdp lip stands out quite nicely when painted
Nope. I like the carbon fiber darkness with my white!

Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
there's really only one corner where my lip rubbed off the paint; other than that there's no damage

Old 10-19-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
there's really only one corner where my lip rubbed off the paint; other than that there's no damage
Good news! Haha thanks for the info. Maybe I won't get the mold on the edges. I just want some wheels and an exhaust! Taking money donations

Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Good news! Haha thanks for the info. Maybe I won't get the mold on the edges. I just want some wheels and an exhaust! Taking money donations
ok. well i was just giving you a heads up. the lip will do damage to your bumper since it does slide on instead of just attaching to the lower portion of your bumper. if you don't EVER plan on taking it off you'll be fine. if you do you'll see that dirt and shit gets under the lip and roughs your bumper up.

Quick Reply: JDP front lip installed!