2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Chad T's Alabalter Base Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Banned
Alabaster Base Fit Pics

Hey guys finally got a chance to get a friend to take some pix of my Fit. I can't seem to ever get a good shot of it.

Some of the mods are: Bilstein coilovers, 2002-2005 Civic Si dealer option rims (15X6 et45 with 195/55/15 Yoko Envigors), base fit foglight bezels, carbon fiber duck bill spoiler and I also painted the diffuser, aero pieces and bottom all around with truck bed liner.

Here are the pics.

Then we took it over to this industrial area for some better back ground.

Last edited by Chad T; 11-20-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Very cool, interesting mods. I don't think I've even seen a base on here that has the fogs. Your tails look just the slightest bit smoked, right? And if you're on coilovers, why ain't you LOWER?

Old 11-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Banned
Thanks MEATBABY! That's a great user id..

I do have a light smoke tint on the tails.

As far as not being lower the rears are adjusted all the way down. I could remove the adjusters and drop it more but I got the bilsteins for the ride/handling not so much for looks.

It's low enough for me. It's also probably lower than it looks with the 15 inch rims on there.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
ha, thanks yeah, it's low enough for me too, i just wondered cuz usually peeps w/ coilovers are super low. also the 15s change the look a little as you said.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Car looks killer man. Not sure about the wing with the base body parts but its the best base I've seen. Sometimes I like the simple look of the base cars more even. Wheels really look nice

Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
Lookin' real clean there, buddy. I'm diggin' the spoiler! I've been wanting one for a long time haha. I think it's the bedliner that's playin' tricks on the drop. It IS pretty low!

Old 11-21-2011, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Chad, two thumbs up..

Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Chad T

I really like what you have done with the car. Nice wheel choice.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Nice mods. The Civic rims look nice.

How are the Bilsteins?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
lookin good! So are the fogs actually functioning fog lights or just the bezels? I've been interested in getting the base fogs installed on my base for a while now so just wonderin how the install would go.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
I like the contrasting pics between your car and that old factory.... reminds me of some bombed-out world with a vehicle from the future.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned
Thanks for all the compliments fellas!

Originally Posted by FitStir
How are the Bilsteins?
THe Bilsteins are amazing. Much better ride than stock. Not soft but much less bouncy. Bilstein shocks always have a really nice ride but decent control.

Originally Posted by jeff_1986
lookin good! So are the fogs actually functioning fog lights or just the bezels?
Just the bezels. 10 bucks per side. I read the fog installation and it doesn't look too tough. The car is pretty much wired for it so it's plug and play as far as that goes.

Cutting the bumper is a nail biter though. I actually got the holes a bit too big but was able to get the bezels to cover OK.

I didn't really want fogs I just wanted to fill in those cheap looking dimples. I just put some mesh behind them. I was going to paint the center grill black but after looking at these pics I def like it silver better.

Doing the fogs would probably be easier than just the bezels. I had to make brackets for them and the fogs come with a template for cutting the bumper.

Originally Posted by einstein77
I like the contrasting pics between your car and that old factory.... reminds me of some bombed-out world with a vehicle from the future.
That's funny. This other guy I know from CT said the same exact thing!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:19 PM
all these cool pictures and none of your awesome interior?

good stuff, chad.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I vote go as low as the coils will allow. If you are all the way in the rear, remove the adjusters and go all the way. Lower the front to the max. You still wont be slammed and will be very useable. Just try it, take pics, and if you dont like it put it back. Its that simple.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
all these cool pictures and none of your awesome interior?

good stuff, chad.
Thanks Neil. Interior is pretty dirty and the Recaro was covered with dog hair at the time of the photo shoot. Should have probably had him get a nice shot of it.

I like to get the feedback without people knowing about the climate controled power Recaro seat though..

Originally Posted by Bthasht
I vote go as low as the coils will allow. If you are all the way in the rear, remove the adjusters and go all the way. Lower the front to the max. You still wont be slammed and will be very useable. Just try it, take pics, and if you dont like it put it back. Its that simple.
Well it's actually a lot simpler than that. I can just lower it...

and decide I don't like it and put it back.

I think it looks OK lowered more but I like it the way it is better. I have way more considerations about lowering other than looks though. I hate scraping and I also hate to get the suspension geometry to a point where it is working against me.

I love those rims you polished up on your Fit!

Old 12-02-2011, 01:44 PM
This makes me feel like I want to buy a base Fit in addition to my Sport...

Nice ride

Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
I like your mods. The Civic wheels looks really sharp on the Fit. Do you know if those wheels are still available at the dealer?

Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by midnightrun
This makes me feel like I want to buy a base Fit in addition to my Sport...

Nice ride
Thanks! Yeah you really need one of each. I finally was able to talk the wife into a Fit so we got her a CBP sport.

Originally Posted by Howdy
I like your mods. The Civic wheels looks really sharp on the Fit. Do you know if those wheels are still available at the dealer?
Yes they are available part# 08W15-S5D-102F I got mine from hondaautomotiveparts.com (majestic honda) they still have them.

Honda Automotive Parts+---

Lindsay honda, where I got the car, wanted a fortune for the rims. They have great prices on cars....parts not so much.

I see you're in columbus as well. If you ever need help installing parts or want a thrill ride in the Omni let me know. Omni is going away for the winter tommmorow though. Momma is squalking about having to scrape her windows.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
I think it looks OK lowered more but I like it the way it is better. I have way more considerations about lowering other than looks though. I hate scraping and I also hate to get the suspension geometry to a point where it is working against me.
[/quote]

But...Chad, that's the only way you'll know that yur low enuff

Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chad T
Thanks! Yeah you really need one of each. I finally was able to talk the wife into a Fit so we got her a CBP sport.

Yes they are available part# 08W15-S5D-102F I got mine from hondaautomotiveparts.com (majestic honda) they still have them.

Honda Automotive Parts+---

Lindsay honda, where I got the car, wanted a fortune for the rims. They have great prices on cars....parts not so much.

I see you're in columbus as well. If you ever need help installing parts or want a thrill ride in the Omni let me know. Omni is going away for the winter tommorow though. Momma is squalking about having to scrape her windows.
Thanks for the info. I may take you up on your offer with install help one of these days. I am still debating if i want to put visors on my fit.

Quick Reply: Chad T's Alabalter Base Fit