2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

PogiPJ's Fit (Progress Log)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 PM
PogiPJ's Fit (Progress Log)

Greetings, everyone!

I finally got my Fit (3 nights ago)
'11 CBP Fit Sport M/T
Name: Bessy? (For now... and maybe FOREVER.)

Bessy came equipped with Focal X 17x7.5 & Falken Ziex 912s.
I think I prefer meaty tires over these low profile fellers.

Anyway, I have big plans for this little car. Big plans!
  • 16" Wheels w/ 205/50/16 tires - I'm thinking drag dr-31 whites & Falken Ziex 912
    Note to future self: Remember that I originally wanted 15" wheels but the old man said he'd pay for my wheels if I got 16".
  • Wink Mirror w/ diy sun visor mod
  • DIY Intake (mainly for sound)
  • Upgrade head unit, speakers, add sub
  • Sound deaden!! (Mainly to reduce road noise but also make audio tastier )
  • Center Console
  • Other little things

That's what I have in mind for now. We'll so how things turn out.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Other plans:
Tint
Clazzio Covers Maybe

Also, plan on ordering Drag Dr-31s 16x7 (White) and Falken Ziex 912 205/50/16 in the morning. Was contemplating the Hankook Ventus V2 tires but decided to go with the Falkens.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:32 AM
I really like those original wheels in the photo, are they for sale if you're switching? I live in Maryland as well.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:54 PM
PM sent, RiverFitter.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome!

In for progress.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Nice choice in wheels! I have the drag dr31s in flat black on my car. GREAT wheels for the price! I would run general Gmax tires. Thats what I have on mine and I love them.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Welcome!

In for progress.
Thanks! I've been a long time follower of the FitFreak forums but I'm glad I'm finally part of the family! Loving my Fit so far!

Originally Posted by Theos92vr4
Nice choice in wheels! I have the drag dr31s in flat black on my car. GREAT wheels for the price! I would run general Gmax tires. Thats what I have on mine and I love them.
That's good to know! I've been trying to decide on wheels non-stop for a few days now. I'm hoping the white on black color scheme will turn out like I imagine in my head. I'm actually going with the new (i think they're newer?) Falken Ziex 612 tires instead of the 912s like I planned. Discount tires direct told me that the 912s were being discontinued.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Before I forget again:

Yesterday -
Removed dealer sticker and dealer license plate frames. I might post a short video on the sticker removal. Simple but useful, perhaps.
Cleaned my car again. Shopvac and damp microfiber towel.
I'm pretty sure the past owner transported his dog/cat in the car. Lots of hair in the seats and floor. Even some in the ceiling!! I've gotten a lot out but there is still a lot more left than i'm willing to let go.

Ordered some Rubber Queen universal floor mats a few days ago. Should be in soon. Some reviewers commented on the smell of them. I'll post pics of their fit in the car and comment on any smells when they come in.

Also ordered some decals and an air freshener!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
I see we got our fit from the same dealer ( brown's Honda ). Welcome to the forum! Are you Filipino ?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by markotrp
I see we got our fit from the same dealer ( brown's Honda ). Welcome to the forum! Are you Filipino ?
Haha cool! I feel like they gave me a good price for my fit so no complaints from me!

And yup, I'm Filipino! I got the Filipino flag in my car and the Tagalog in my username, haha. Are you?

Old 05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Another thing to add: mud guards.

... I'm gonna be so poor ... :/

Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
They don't make any for the Fit Sport. Your gonna have to use some universal rally armors if you want mud guards.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
oh wait... The Honda mud guards don't fit on Sports? hmmmm maybe a more universal mud guard ... We shall see!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
They don't make any for the Fit Sport. Your gonna have to use some universal rally armors if you want mud guards.
Whoa, simultaneous reply! I'll try to look into those if I do decide to put on mud guards. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PogiPJ
Haha cool! I feel like they gave me a good price for my fit so no complaints from me!

And yup, I'm Filipino! I got the Filipino flag in my car and the Tagalog in my username, haha. Are you?
Yes, born and raised in the Philippines, they also gave me a great price for mine, it's a 2011 TW sport. I would recommend a rear anti sway bar for your mod, just installed mine today and did a road test, it was great, handling improved significantly.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes, born and raised in the Philippines, they also gave me a great price for mine, it's a 2011 TW sport. I would recommend a rear anti sway bar for your mod, just installed mine today and did a road test, it was great, handling improved significantly.
Which sway bar did you get? And how was the installation? I'm definitely interested in this mod, but there are a good amount of other mods I'm trying to do first. Thanks for the suggestion!

-----

I'm dying waiting for my new wheels and tires to come in. I plan on trying my hand at the clay bar and wax. Does anyone worry about the paint color fading? I dunno if I should try to do anything to prevent that.

Also, excited about my air freshener! I hear good things about the scent of squash!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Heh. Browns, eh? I saw that one on the lot and almost test drove it but went with a 2012. Who was your salesman?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by johnnyHT
Heh. Browns, eh? I saw that one on the lot and almost test drove it but went with a 2012. Who was your salesman?
My salesman was Clarence, aka "Sales Master". Pretty sick.

Yeah, I kinda wish I went with a new one but all the work I'm putting into my car (hair cleaning and other smaller things) makes me feel more attached to it.

Also, I think If I had a brand new car, I'd probably be so paranoid about getting it dirty and messed up inside that I might not fully utilize the sweetness that is the Fit's versatility.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PogiPJ
Which sway bar did you get? And how was the installation? I'm definitely interested in this mod, but there are a good amount of other mods I'm trying to do first. Thanks for the suggestion!

-----

I'm dying waiting for my new wheels and tires to come in. I plan on trying my hand at the clay bar and wax. Does anyone worry about the paint color fading? I dunno if I should try to do anything to prevent that.

Also, excited about my air freshener! I hear good things about the scent of squash!
I got the progress rear sway bar, install was easy, it took me less than an hour to do it. Good luck on your future mod.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:46 PM
I got the progress rear sway bar, install was easy, it took me less than an hour to do it. Good luck on your future mod.
Oohhh, that explains all those Progress decals I saw in that decal thread. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it moves up on my to-do list.

Quick Reply: PogiPJ's Fit (Progress Log)