2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

GE8 PMM, Enkei J10 16x7, H&R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 PM
GE8 PMM, Enkei J10 16x7, H&R Springs

I grabbed a few beauty shots this morning. The springs and wheels went on the car Thursday. I am not into the hellaflush/stanceworks thing. The stock ride height on this car was SUV-like, and the stock wheels a bit tame for my taste. I think this is a huge improvement, but it will be interesting to see how the stock shocks hold up.

I installed Enkei J10 in 16x7 et42 with 205/50R16 Conti DW summer tires along with H&R springs. I used Muteki splined chrome closed end lug nuts. The new wheels and tires weigh 34.7 pounds compared to the original combo weight of 36.4 pounds, so some slight weight reduction there. The measured ride height decrease is a bit more than H&R indicates and I measured 1.75" in the front and 1.375" in the rear.

The car seems to be a bit more controlled than before. The ride is tolerable for short trips, which was pretty much the case with the stock springs. It rubs a bit in the rear when subjected to a really sharp bump at speed with 100 pounds of cargo in the back (I was heading home from the shop with the old wheels plus tires and springs) but otherwise seems ok. I haven't had any people back there yet.

My BMW shop did the work along with an alignment on their laser controlled Hunter rack. The stock alignment settings were a bit surprising. Looks like my new alignment is pretty much the same as what Honda had on the car, but with a lot less toe in front.

I've made an appointment with Rocky Mountain WindowTint here in Livermore to have the car tinted on March 9. I've had 50% on the side windows and 35% on the back window on my BMW for the last 10 years. I like it and it doesn't seem to bother the police, so I'll be doing the same thing to this car.

Last edited by Cliff; 02-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Looks good man, the wheels look pretty close to my Kosei K4R.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks!

I thought about going with the K4Rs. When looking for photos of GE8s with H&R springs I found some of a blue one with K4Rs and it looked good. 2 things changed my mind. First, Tirerack was out of stock until early April and I didn't want to wait that long. Second, my autoX wheels for my topaz blue 330 are a solid gray and I think that color on a gray Fit would be too much gray. These Enkeis are two tone with a darker silver center and a polished silver rim.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Cliff
Thanks!

I thought about going with the K4Rs. When looking for photos of GE8s with H&R springs I found some of a blue one with K4Rs and it looked good. 2 things changed my mind. First, Tirerack was out of stock until early April and I didn't want to wait that long. Second, my autoX wheels for my topaz blue 330 are a solid gray and I think that color on a gray Fit would be too much gray. These Enkeis are two tone with a darker silver center and a polished silver rim.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Looks fantastic. Now get a rear sway bar.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Last time I checked, the sport comes with a 17mm RSB. I may take this car to a fun run autocross day the local BMW CCA chapter has scheduled in early April in conjunction with a car control clinic the prior day. If I can lift the inside rear wheel off the ground, then the 17mm stock RSB is stiff enough. If not, then I'll have to think about it.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 PM
That actually looks really nice. im usually bothered by wheel gap

Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Last time I checked, the sport comes with a 17mm RSB. I may take this car to a fun run autocross day the local BMW CCA chapter has scheduled in early April in conjunction with a car control clinic the prior day. If I can lift the inside rear wheel off the ground, then the 17mm stock RSB is stiff enough. If not, then I'll have to think about it.
I meant to add an additional one. I'm pretty sure I could tripod on the stock setup, but I can rotate more, and with more grip with the bar. Powering out of corners is completely different too. It's easy to install, as well.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Very clean! Thanks for the heads up about the rubbing issue. I might go with skinnier tires with my 16x7 +42 wheels now that I know it rubs with 205.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks everyone. Next up for this car will be a USA Spec BT35 bluetooth adapter. I stopped by my stereo shop to ask about it yesterday and made an appointment to have it installed this Saturday. Then the tint will go on the car on March 9th. That's all I have in mind for the car at this point.

I may ask Edge to roll the rear fenders for me to see if that will solve the rubbing problem. It only rubs if I hit a bump that causes the suspension to compress significantly. Hard cornering does not cause it to rub. I haven't yet loaded a couple of fat guys in the back to see if that will do it.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
I like that a lot! Looks great.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Here are a few new beauty shots. I had the car tinted yesterday with a conservative scheme - 50% on the sides and rear. California prohibits tint on the front doors and windshield. I've had 50% on my BMW for around 10 years and the police haven't directed me to remove it. Better safe than sorry..

I also fabricated a front license plate bracket today using some steel stock and a few bolts. I wish I could understand why dealers are so hot to drill holes in bumpers.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks!

Might've been mine! I had H&Rs with the K4Rs. I think I like your wheels even better though. Just have to say your car looks amazing. I saw your car in the "What did you do to your Fit today" thread and had to come find your pictures. That grey color is new right? Looks really good. Nice car

Old 03-19-2013, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Looks AMAZING! Makes me wish I went with PMM instead of white!

Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice dude. For the money spent, you got a great setup. I have those tires and like them. Pretty comfy ride too.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
lookin good

Old 03-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Man your car looks really sharp!!! I'm surprised you rub in the rear with the mild drop and 205's

I have Swifts on my 2012 Sport and 205's on the stock wheels and do not rub with 3 adults and myself plus all my junk in the hatch.

It seems the GE8 is sensitive to even mild changes in offset on wheels.
I wish we had more afordable choices in wheels with close to stock +53ET

Keep it up man your car is just my style and I love what you've done so far.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Looks perfect: simple and classy.

Thanks for posting, now I know what % tint to get, that's exactly what I was aiming for

Also will keep an eye out for you on the road here in the Bay Area.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by zilla8
Man your car looks really sharp!!! I'm surprised you rub in the rear with the mild drop and 205's

I have Swifts on my 2012 Sport and 205's on the stock wheels and do not rub with 3 adults and myself plus all my junk in the hatch.
It's the offset that does it, although differences in tire section width can make a big difference too.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Looks perfect: simple and classy.

Thanks for posting, now I know what % tint to get, that's exactly what I was aiming for

Also will keep an eye out for you on the road here in the Bay Area.
If you're in the East Bay, you want to talk to Matt at Rocky Mountain Windowtint in Livermore. He does great work and his prices are very reasonable.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 PM
If you're in the East Bay, you want to talk to Matt at Rocky Mountain Windowtint in Livermore. He does great work and his prices are very reasonable.
I am actually, in Hayward, thanks for the recommendation

Quick Reply: GE8 PMM, Enkei J10 16x7, H&R Springs