Notices
2nd Generation GE8 Specific For Sale/WTB Used Parts Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all for sale threads for used parts concerning the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

2012 Fit Sport with 6700 miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM
2012 Fit Sport with 6700 miles

Selling my 2012 Fit Sport. Alabaster Silver with black interior. 6700 miles. Automatic transmission.

Upgrades include Honda all season floor mats, Honda trunk mat, and 35% tinted windows. I've also replaced the OEM Dunlop tires with far superior 205/50-16 Continental DWS ultra high performance all season tires.

No dings, no dents, no scratches, no paintwork. Like new in all respects.

Call me at 615-202-3982 if you have an interest or any questions.

Name:  007-4.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  76.9 KB

Last edited by MikeNSX; 06-30-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:45 PM
New lower price...

Last edited by MikeNSX; 06-30-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Auto or Manual?

Old 06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
It's an automatic.

Adding that to my original post right now.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Man that's a steal

heck If I did'nt have my own I would drive to TN from Cali and pick yours up

you would have no problem selling here in California with the high demand for the Fit and our gas prices.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:10 PM
No longer for sale. Have decided to keep the car for the time being.

Went to look at a new Pearl White Scion FR-S yesterday which I was really hoping to like (but was disappointed in the car for a number of reasons). The Toyota / Scion dealer offered me the FR-S at MSRP with no add-ons and offered me $17,000 real money for my Fit.

$17,000 trade in was a great offer, but since I didn't particularly like the FR-S that much, I turned it down.

The Fit obviously has pretty darn good resale.

Last edited by MikeNSX; 07-01-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I have found another car I want to buy, so my Fit is back up for sale. Current miles : approx. 7400.

$17,000

Last edited by MikeNSX; 07-17-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 AM
what car you interested in now ?

what didnt you like about the frs ?

i'm kinda interested in the frs too ..

Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by linnboi
what car you interested in now ?

what didnt you like about the frs ?

i'm kinda interested in the frs too ..

Someone I know is thinking about selling his 2006 Corvette Convertible, and I can buy it for approx. the same as a new FR-S.

There are several things I didn't like about the FR-S:

1) It is really slow

2) I hate the softness (lightness) of the clutch

3) Once in the seats, I love them, but it was very difficult for me to enter the car over the huge bottom and side bolsters.

4) The stereo system is awkward to use and sounds terrible

5) The wheels are ugly and have poor offsets. This car be fixed, but at a cost of several thousand dollars for new wheels and tires. Plus, one will need to lower the car then to make it look right.

I do love how the car looks (I almost bought a Pearl White one). Car also handles nicely, but both of these positives could not outweigh the negatives for me.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm still surprised you bought the Fit after seeing your long list of cars! But then again, you seem to be like me - you love cars in general, no matter the price or engine size.

Good luck selling!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by mhadden
I'm still surprised you bought the Fit after seeing your long list of cars! But then again, you seem to be like me - you love cars in general, no matter the price or engine size.

Good luck selling!
In retrospect, I bought the Fit to please my wife.

After selling my daily driver, she wanted me to buy a car that was front wheel drive with an automatic transmission that she could drive in to work to Vanderbilt University in the event we had inclement weather here in Nashville. The Fit is the highest ranked car in this category, so I bought it.

Fast forward to today...

We sold her '05 BMW (after many recurring problems and immense costs - $5000 in just the last 6 months of ownership) about a month or so ago, and I bought her a new 2012 4 door Volkswagen Golf. We looked at a new Subaru Impreza, Hyundai Elantra, Mazda 3, etc. and she liked the Golf the best. I offered her the Fit, but she (being used to German cars and engineering), didn't want it, nor any of the other Japanese cars we looked at.

Now that we own a front wheel drive, automatic transmission car where the seats fold down to carry stuff car in the Golf, I really don't need the Fit (which basically does the same thing).

The Fit is a really nice car. It handles great (especially after I changed out the tires to Continental DWS'). It gets great gas mileage (I've been getting 27-28 around town and 34-35 on the highway). I do love the fold down seats to carry stuff. It obviously has great resale value as witnessed by what the Scion dealership offered me for it against the FR-S.

I will be looking to buy something I might normally drive as a daily driver, which is to say, not a front wheel drive, automatic transmission car. The FR-S excited me until I actually drove one. If I sell the Fit, I'll probably buy my friend's 6 speed Corvette Convertible. If it's gone by that time, I'm looking at other cars as well. I'd love to have a 2007 or 2008 Shelby GT500, a new 2013 Mustang GT Coupe, or even a used Jag XK Coupe.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by MikeNSX
In retrospect, I bought the Fit to please my wife.

After selling my daily driver, she wanted me to buy a car that was front wheel drive with an automatic transmission that she could drive in to work to Vanderbilt University in the event we had inclement weather here in Nashville. The Fit is the highest ranked car in this category, so I bought it.

Fast forward to today...

We sold her '05 BMW (after many recurring problems and immense costs - $5000 in just the last 6 months of ownership) about a month or so ago, and I bought her a new 2012 4 door Volkswagen Golf. We looked at a new Subaru Impreza, Hyundai Elantra, Mazda 3, etc. and she liked the Golf the best. I offered her the Fit, but she (being used to German cars and engineering), didn't want it, nor any of the other Japanese cars we looked at.

Now that we own a front wheel drive, automatic transmission car where the seats fold down to carry stuff car in the Golf, I really don't need the Fit (which basically does the same thing).

The Fit is a really nice car. It handles great (especially after I changed out the tires to Continental DWS'). It gets great gas mileage (I've been getting 27-28 around town and 34-35 on the highway). I do love the fold down seats to carry stuff. It obviously has great resale value as witnessed by what the Scion dealership offered me for it against the FR-S.

I will be looking to buy something I might normally drive as a daily driver, which is to say, not a front wheel drive, automatic transmission car. The FR-S excited me until I actually drove one. If I sell the Fit, I'll probably buy my friend's 6 speed Corvette Convertible. If it's gone by that time, I'm looking at other cars as well. I'd love to have a 2007 or 2008 Shelby GT500, a new 2013 Mustang GT Coupe, or even a used Jag XK Coupe.
I definitely see the point on the Fit/Golf issue (and I concur that I would lean towards the Golf as well). But how often does the weather get THAT bad down there? My goal is to be down that way because its beautiful and has minimal snowfall (and my area of expertise has job opportunities down there [I'm a radiation guy]). As much as I love cars, I would likely be solely a motorcycle guy down there and have to drive the wife's car on the very few days it snows. But regardless, you should have no problems selling the Fit!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by mhadden
But how often does the weather get THAT bad down there?
Not this past winter, but the winter the year before, it snowed on 5 separate occasions here in Nashville, and my wife could not make it into work those 5 days in her BMW.

Nashville drivers absolutely are horrible in the snow, and the city literally shuts down when it snows an inch or more. The day before snow is forecast, there's a run on all the grocery stores in town, and people start hunkering down like the world's coming to an end.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
I can agree with that ^, I'm in Kpt and people do the same.

GLWS