2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

eibach pro-kit??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
eibach pro-kit??

eibach prokit for fit 2009 ?? is good idea ??

Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Definitely a good idea.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
I figure I should post since when I was looking for impressions on suspension I also was reading up on here.

I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit because I wanted something progressive and not overly bumpy since I'm using this car for photography roadtrips. I thought 1.4" was too little but I wanted the clearance for ferry rides etc. After installing 1.4" makes a big diff in the looks, slammed would have been better but in terms of usability and clearance the Prokit is perfect. Ride is great and over smaller imperfections and potholes its stiffer but still comfortable. I'm currently on stock which I thought I'd swap out but the ride is actually still quite good.

Last edited by cd4ag; 11-24-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cd4ag
I figure I should post since when I was looking for impressions on suspension I also was reading up on here.

I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit because I wanted something progressive and not overly bumpy since I'm using this car for photography roadtrips. I thought 1.4" was too little but I wanted the clearance for ferry rides etc. After installing 1.4" makes a big diff in the looks, slammed would have been better but in terms of usability and clearance the Prokit is perfect. Ride is great and over smaller imperfections and potholes its stiffer but still comfortable. I'm currently on stock which I thought I'd swap out but the ride is actually still quite good.
so its safe with stock shocks huh ? well does it feel or look like it might need a camber kit ? i def would like to slam my car but for coils, its def out of my price range right now, unless i save up for it .. but im too impatient and its my dd .. also i have a 8 month old daughter so i dont reallyu want to feel everything on the road quite yet

Old 12-16-2009, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
The Eibach Prokit isn't a drastic drop so for sub 1.5" drop ur fine with the stock shocks just cut ur bumpstops when installing. I won't say u won't benifit from aftermarket shocks but that's the case even if u have stock springs. As for camber that's fine too and don't require camber adjustment.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
The Eibach Prokit isn't a drastic drop so for sub 1.5" drop ur fine with the stock shocks just cut ur bumpstops when installing. I won't say u won't benifit from aftermarket shocks but that's the case even if u have stock springs. As for camber that's fine too and don't require camber adjustment.
Thanks man !!! I'm in such denial between springs and coilovers

Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Thanks man !!! I'm in such denial between springs and coilovers

Just go with what ur purpose is. For me I wanted something comfortable for roadtrips without hassle of having 2 dodge potholes and the Eibach Prokit is exactly that, progressive and forgiving. It does feel a lot more sporty and a little firmer but without the harshness of single rate. I can bomb around and not worry about potholes or uneven pavement.

Coilovers r great if u wanna slam ur car and maintain good ride quality and if u intend on doing trackdays or Auto-X but expect a firmer single rate ride. Remember u can also make ur car unbalanced and perform worse with coilovers if ur not familiar with how 2 set them up and don't balance ur height properly. I can't deny that slammed on coils looks better but for my usage I couldn't justify it for this cars purpose.

Good luck, if u have any other questions about the ride let me know.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member
Just go with what ur purpose is. For me I wanted something comfortable for roadtrips without hassle of having 2 dodge potholes and the Eibach Prokit is exactly that, progressive and forgiving. It does feel a lot more sporty and a little firmer but without the harshness of single rate. I can bomb around and not worry about potholes or uneven pavement.

Coilovers r great if u wanna slam ur car and maintain good ride quality and if u intend on doing trackdays or Auto-X but expect a firmer single rate ride. Remember u can also make ur car unbalanced and perform worse with coilovers if ur not familiar with how 2 set them up and don't balance ur height properly. I can't deny that slammed on coils looks better but for my usage I couldn't justify it for this cars purpose.

Good luck, if u have any other questions about the ride let me know.
honeslty u are 100 % right!! I don't really mind dogding the potholes but at the same time I'm not trying to do that with my DD!! Also I pic up my baby daughter in this and I don't want It to be thy low just for that simple fact !! Plus Im really I'm not gonna see the track for auto cross cause my money is not there for that. ! I just want more of an agressive look and tighter handling !! I think imma stop making myself dream on coilvers cause in reality I'm not going to use the coilovers for it's real function and just be throwing away the money on them !!!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Save the money for diapers and get the Eibachs! You can always upgrade later if you want something more aggressive.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Glad I could help, you could always choose something lower but that also depends if wheels r in ur future because I think slammed on stocks doesn't look that great cuz it's not anywhere close 2 flush which becomes more visible when ur slammed.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 PM
personally, i'm glad i went with the pro-kit. The drop is just right, not so low that i scrape (only when i take bad angles) and not so high that it looks monster truck stock. The ride is also pretty good. I imagine the ride would be even nicer if we didn't have such garbage roads. And tirerack sells the eibachs for only like $210!

Old 06-12-2010, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
i just installed mines, when going like 65+, and i steer left and right back and forth, wobbling, the car feels as if its floating...i dont think it was like this with stock springs

is this normal?

Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gohdunlam
i just installed mines, when going like 65+, and i steer left and right back and forth, wobbling, the car feels as if its floating...i dont think it was like this with stock springs

is this normal?
Hummm shouldn't be worse than stock, they still r firmer mind u progressive spring rate so it might not have that sharp response when flicking back 'n forth. It's hard 2 say without feeling but I guess if u feel a dangerous float or unsteady feel somethings maybe not right. Recheck all the suspension bolts and make sure the spring is seated properly. There is a bit of room for them 2 float a bit so just make sure it's seated. It could also be u never really did this with the stock setup it's on soft sidewalled eco tires, so that doesn't offer best response hehe

Old 06-12-2010, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
true, ill just double check

Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Okay I'm in a dilemma I'm looking for winter tires and was thinking 205/50/16 on the stock rima do you guys think it will rub??? Reason being I find that there are more option in this size compared to the stock 185/55/16

Old 12-02-2010, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
it won't i ran 205 on 17x7 +38, but im not sure how 205 will look on 6.5