2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Dangggg Cheap Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
He's got lots of positive feedback.

They look pretty nice--but who's to say about the ride quality/dampner abilities.

If you got money to blow, couldn't hurt, eh? LOL

Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I'll be honest... cxracing is a hit or miss... and more of a hit. I've tried their intercooler for my subaru before and man I regret it. It's damn cheap. I don't even want to think about how their coilovers are. I know there's lots of bang for the buck coilovers out there. I would stick with the ones that are out for a while or recommended by others.

When it comes to safety of the vehicle and the driver/passengers I would definitely not go cheap. I know they're made in taiwan just like most all coilovers now but the ones that works good are quality controlled. So like I said.. it's a hit or miss. It's a gamble... but if something goes bad especially on coilovers you'll end up spending a lot for repairs. Or worst...

Old 05-22-2010, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
suspension, and exhaust are two of the items it is worth to pay a little more for initially because when to you try to go with an unproven or no name brand, you typically will not be satisfied, due to fitment, ride quality, sound, or lack of measurable adjustability. over the years, i have tried worked at several performance automotive shops and have seen / installed / replaced and thrown away many cheap exhausts, and suspension products that customer brought in to us to put on their car, when working for a business, if you pay me to install or remove a part, that is how i make money, but when selling these items, the only way to go home at night, feeling that you did not screw anyone is by explaining why the more expensive products are better, or letting them test ride a car with good coilovers compared to one with universal coilover sleeves (ground control not included), or by letting them view the difference in the quality. For our cars axle back exhausts are not too expensive, around the 350ish mark , as for as coilovers, I would go with megans if price was an issue, they have the best track record from my experience ( i also personally own a set on a lexus ls430)...for my fit, i have hks s compact coilover, apexi hybrid evolution exhaust, and ultra racing rear sway (none of which is installed yet)