2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

King has the Mugen Sports Suspension for the GE8!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 04:23 AM
King has the Mugen Sports Suspension for the GE8!

I've been jealously eying awptickes's setup for awhile, and too worried about USDM-JDM compatibility to pull the trigger on this one. Now it seems a US dealer finally has the Mugen Sports Suspension!

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/s-491-suspension.aspx

Disturbingly sparse on details, but there it is. My question to the more experienced out there: Do you think this is just the same part being sold domestically, or has it been modified for USDM tolerances?

Last edited by baconsandwich; 10-16-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:49 AM
abu
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baconsandwich
I've been jealously eying awptickes's setup for awhile, and too worried about USDM-JDM compatibility to pull the trigger on this one. Now it seems a US dealer finally has the Mugen Sports Suspension!

King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc. - Suspension

Disturbingly sparse on details, but there it is. My question to the more experienced out there: Do you think this is just the same part being sold domestically, or has it been modified for USDM tolerances?
Pretty sure its the same thing as in japan.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Good find baconsandwich! Is anyone running these on a GE8?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:33 PM
stupid question but is this adjustable? im at work and cant see the page lol

Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
WERD!!! they also have the D-spec for GD3...but 1stack?? damn. hopefully it wont be long til koni yellows drop. mos def get em along with GC

Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I don't believe the Mugen stuff is adjustable. More a matched spring shock combo....but I could be wrong.

AMEN! IF Koni yellows were out, there would be no need to stress over my sussy set up! C'mon Koni!

Old 10-16-2010, 10:46 PM
anyone know any stiffer shocks for the back of the ge im using s techs and the back sags way to hard

Old 10-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't believe the Mugen stuff is adjustable. More a matched spring shock combo....but I could be wrong.
There's a 5-way adjustable Mugen setup as well, but this isn't it. You can also find it at RHDJapan, and on King's site for the GD.

So we're thinking it hasn't been modified at all from the Japanese part? Does that actually matter all that much or am I worrying for no reason?

Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Response from King after emailing them:

The USDM and JDM version of the 09+ Fit are identical. This is a complete bolt on kit. Front shock/spring assemblies ready to bolt in as well as rear shocks and springs.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Scott

Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Pull the Trigger Bacon! It would be an awesome set up!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Agreed . It makes my wallet hurt just thinking about it, but I'll get over that eventually. Drumsauce, since you're in the bay area as well, any recommendations on a good garage to do the installation? I'm in Milpitas, but I'd be willing to go anywhere in the area.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM
My wallet hurts still from purchasing the my Fit! Ha! I hear you, but on something like suspension, I'd be willing to pay for something that will last a long time and work right.

Cool! Bay Area Brotha! I have never used a garage since I have done all my suspension work myself...then I go to Les Schwab to get an alignment. However, I just talked to Brad from Perfomance Options in Oakland (he was out looking at buying my wagon). That might be a place to start. Brad was really cool and it seems like they are busy...which is a good thing. I have no idea how much they charge, but I would assume a couple hundred would be close.

I would be willing to help, but I have yet to lower my Fit, and would hate to mess up on someone else's car. (if it was an EF...NO problem!!!!)

Performance Options

Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
I have an EF as well and the Fit's suspension is much easier to work on due to the rear suspension. If you're not having problems with setting up your EF suspension the Fit will be a breeze.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Encouraging! Thanks bmxman. Yeah, I know my way very well around EF suspension. My only fear is the axle's falling out on the Fit.
How does one prevent this?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the info! I'll keep Performance Options in mind when I get around to doing this. Definitely in awe of you guys that do that kind of work on your own cars, my drop-in short shifter is about as mechanical as I've dared to get. I'd love to pick up the skills eventually though, there's something really appealing about the idea of molding my ride with my own hands.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:20 PM
^^^
Yeah man! Thanks for the rep!

You basically have to just get in there....you will find that at first it seems very difficult, but when you see how something was put together, it isn't so hard. If I get my coilovers and install them before you do, maybe we could do yours together so you could see how to do it, AND you would be able to save some money!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Awesome, I might just take you up on that! Good luck with your coilovers, when you get them.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by bmxman
I have an EF as well and the Fit's suspension is much easier to work on due to the rear suspension. If you're not having problems with setting up your EF suspension the Fit will be a breeze.
I'm glad to hear this, my ED6 is so easy to work on, i figured the Fit would be a little more complex.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Installed my coilovers this weekend. SUPER easy compared to the EF chassis! Everything slides in and out. Was overly careful with the axles and did the whole job much faster than swaping out the EF suspension, and that isn't that hard. The hardest part it getting the plastic cowling off to reach the front strut top mounts. The rest is basic wrenching.

Quick Reply: King has the Mugen Sports Suspension for the GE8!