2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

2010 Honda Fit Sport GE8 on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
2010 Honda Fit Sport GE8 on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (pics)

When I was looking for springs, I didn't find many pics of a GE8 with these springs. For future googlers, I figured I'd throw together a quick, easy to find thread with thoughts/pics from my pro-kit install:

I put about 90 highway miles and 10 side-street miles on the car every day. So when I was looking for springs, I wanted the highway-portion of the ride to be fairly compliant, but also wanted a better [more firm] feel for the curvy-portion.... and of course less wheel-gap without looking slammed.

I decided on Eibach Pro-Kit springs, and am so happy to find that they deliver exactly that! On the highway and in general straight-line driving, you might be able to tell a difference from stock if you really concentrate... but it is a very slight difference. But when you load up in a curve, and under hard braking, you definitely notice the difference right away!

The main downside of it is that I'm suddenly very aware of the stock performance delivered by the stock tires... need to do something about that eventually.

As far as the wheel-fitment goes... personally, I think it's the perfect height. I didn't measure, but they supposedly drop 1.2" in the front and 1.4" in the rear... which seems about what happened. I'd like to see the rear wheels 'out' a bit to be a little more flush with the fender, but whatever... maybe once I save up some more dough for 7" wheels/rubber.

Big thanks to Niko for the DIY thread - I don't have any air-tools, but was still an easy install. Started at 2pm and was cleaned-up by 7pm

I didn't take any 'before' photos, but here's one from the web:

BEFORE (stock springs):

AFTER (pro-kit springs):

Last edited by WhiskeySix; 02-24-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:09 PM
nice fit!!

I think all stock cars should look like that!!! hahaha =)

Old 02-01-2011, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the write up on these springs since I'm just starting to research on them. I don't want to go with coils since I can't justify the cost at the moment. I had this for my EVO and I loved them but didn't know how they would react with the fit.

I was actually contemplating with the sportline for a greater drop but not sure how that would work out since we all know that springs are a one time drop with no adjustability. I'm glad to read that these worked out for.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for this post, I will be going with the same kit

Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
i think I am gona have to go with this setup but not till it warms up

Old 02-08-2011, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome setup! I used this setup for 6months and it was the ultimate DD setup. I just switched 2 coils because I'm a sucker for slammed rides and I am missing the Eibach's ride.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
was it really that smooth? like OEM ride but just lower? thats how my konis on my legend are set up

Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bboarder711
was it really that smooth? like OEM ride but just lower? thats how my konis on my legend are set up
It's hard to describe I guess they work exactly like they're designed to: 'progressively'. If you picture a small, soft spring sitting on a larger, firm spring, that's pretty much what you get. They're compliant enough to absorb the little hits - the highway, with it's seams and irregularities, feels pretty much just like stock. The impacts from bigger hits (patched potholes, etc) are felt more 'cleanly' than on stock, but it's definitely not jarring or unsettling. And corners... well that's where I notice the biggest difference - especially under steady-state loading, like on/off-ramps. So my perception might be like this:

Highway = 95% of stock smoothness.
Around town = 85% of stock smoothness.
Cornering = noticeable improvement over stock

Like I said, I commute close to 100 miles a day on the springs, and definitely wouldn't go back to stock - not even if they were the same height now that I think about it... I just prefer the feel and function of these springs to the stock springs. I assume all progressive-rate springs are this way, but I've never driven on any others so....

Old 02-08-2011, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
I too went for the Eibach Pro springs as I had them on my previous car (EP3 Civic Type R) and they were perfect for me.

Here's my before and after shots:

Front before
Name:  SN200109.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  22.1 KB

Front after

Rear before
Name:  SN200108.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  21.1 KB

Rear after
Name:  SN200111.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  20.7 KB

Edit> forgot to say, this is for a GE6 with standard 15" although I'm getting some aftermarket alloys in the next couple of days

Last edited by Garyman; 02-08-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: updated to say for GE6
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
I have these springs too, mines ride really harsh, only when its perfectly smooth roads its fine

Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Are we ever gonna see anyone making struts for this car or what?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dezoris
Are we ever gonna see anyone making struts for this car or what?
i wish i could just buy the rear shock from the bilstein pss, that would be a good start, my rear end rides like shit
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HgcnplczEn...0/DSCF1104.JPG

Old 03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gohdunlam
I have these springs too, mines ride really harsh, only when its perfectly smooth roads its fine
I was getting all ready to go buy these springs and then I read this....

Old 03-02-2011, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
yeah, interesting how perceptions can be so different!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
UK roads are rubbish compared to what you guys have in the US but I find them not hard at all so agreed that preceptions can be very individual.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
How far off was the alignment after the install? Toe/camber too?

Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jondotcom
How far off was the alignment after the install? Toe/camber too?
The steering feels exactly the same - still dead-centered with no drift, so I haven't had it aligned.

I guess from what I read, this mild drop might kick-in the toe a bit? Not sure. I haven't seen any unusual shoulder-wear on the tires, but I've only been on these springs for ~2500mi or so. If there are any alignment issues, they're fairly negligible.

My plan is just to keep an eye on tread wear and rotate tires whenever I change the oil.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WhiskeySix
The steering feels exactly the same - still dead-centered with no drift, so I haven't had it aligned.

I guess from what I read, this mild drop might kick-in the toe a bit? Not sure. I haven't seen any unusual shoulder-wear on the tires, but I've only been on these springs for ~2500mi or so. If there are any alignment issues, they're fairly negligible.

My plan is just to keep an eye on tread wear and rotate tires whenever I change the oil.
Very cool, thanks for the info. Think I will do the same.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
HI,

I've been running Eibach Pro Springs for a year now and will soon need to replace the stock struts/shocks any suggestions.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the post. I was looking for some real in use pictures of the Pro Kits. Seen them in the past for other cars but I've always been a Sportline guy. The older I get, I'm more into functionality that looks so this looks good on the GE.

Quick Reply: 2010 Honda Fit Sport GE8 on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (pics)