2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Which coilovers are better for the GE8 (2011)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Which coilovers are better for the GE8 (2011)

I know there are a lot of threads that talk about the coilovers and stuff but I'm throwing myself more towards the buddy club N+. I also heard that the megans are good for their pricing and ride just as good as stock depending how you adjust the damp. What do you guys think? Buddy club's or megan's as far as ride comfort and as well as cornering hard and stuff. THANKS!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I had the same.question there's a thread on Here not too long ago about Megan vs buddy club I got buddyclubs for like 50$ more then the megans and I can't say anything about the quality of the Megan but I was impressed with buddy clubs coilovers highly recommended I only dd my car and.there perfect

Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
tkm
I wouldn't put Megans on my car if they paid me. They are basically a 'disposable' coilover. Shock dampening sucks, they can't be rebuilt, cheaply made in taiwan, etc. You get what you pay for. Just remember, a full-bodied coilover that's inexpensive is inexpensive for a reason...

Old 05-31-2011, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tkm
I wouldn't put Megans on my car if they paid me. They are basically a 'disposable' coilover. Shock dampening sucks, they can't be rebuilt, cheaply made in taiwan, etc. You get what you pay for. Just remember, a full-bodied coilover that's inexpensive is inexpensive for a reason...
YES. GREAT SECOND POST! +Rep

Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Both the Buddyclub and the Megan are ok. However, we've had a few customers with Megans on different cars before, but they had some noise issues which got a little annoying. In the end, our client switched to T1R since his Megan Racing coilovers blew after 2 months of use.

If you haven't already, I would also count T1R into the equation too. It is 24 way dampening adjustable, so it has more dampening adjustments than Buddyclub, and it is also fully ride height adjustable. Custom spring rates are also available and sold separately.

The T1R coils are aimed more towards a comfort setup, so daily driving these coilovers wouldn't be a problem. If you want an aggressive setup for the track, this is also an option as the springs can be change to a more aggressive rate!

Something to definately consider! If you have any other questions or concerns. Let me know.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR

Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
the t1r coilovers are waaaay better quality than the megans. I've been on t1r coils for about 4 months now and they ride great. no retarded noises, good build quality, good handling at all speeds, stiff yet still fairly comfortable for a daily driver. i'm very impressed at how my rim/tire/suspension combo handles.

they may be a bit pricier compared to megans, and i'm not sure how much the buddyclubs are, but the t1r's will not disappoint. as for coilover sets in general, u really do get what you pay for most of the time. i'm happy with mine

Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
tkm
Originally Posted by AJR Jay
Both the Buddyclub and the Megan are ok.
Be honest here...everyone who knows anything about suspension knows that Megans are crap.

However, we've had a few customers with Megans on different cars before, but they had some noise issues which got a little annoying. In the end, our client switched to T1R since his Megan Racing coilovers blew after 2 months of use.
Exactly. Megans are crap.

If you haven't already, I would also count T1R into the equation too. It is 24 way dampening adjustable, so it has more dampening adjustments than Buddyclub, and it is also fully ride height adjustable. Custom spring rates are also available and sold separately.
24 shock adjustments = about 4 settings that are measurable. Please don't spread the ever-popular rumor that more 'click' adjustments = better shock. I've seen the shock dynos for so-called 24 and 32 way adjustable shocks. Adjustments 1-8 are all about the same, 9-16 the same, and so on... So in the end, you realistically have about 4 different settings.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Buddy club I've had for a few months now and couldnt be happier best blend between quality and price I had skunk 2 coiloverss on my civic and these buddy clubs blow them.away as far as quality

Old 06-06-2011, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tkm
24 shock adjustments = about 4 settings that are measurable. Please don't spread the ever-popular rumor that more 'click' adjustments = better shock. I've seen the shock dynos for so-called 24 and 32 way adjustable shocks. Adjustments 1-8 are all about the same, 9-16 the same, and so on... So in the end, you realistically have about 4 different settings.
You can use the 4 setting as a reference.

If a shock is the same length, and one has 16 way vs 24, ideally, nothing has changed, except the fact that the 24 allows for more fine adjustments.

By having more adjustment, it simply allows for more fine tuning for those who wish to get a set of coil for a more precise adjustment.

Some consumers think that one individual turn on a knob might not make a huge difference, but for those looking for the more precise setting, having more adjustments is always a plus so they can find exactly which setting suits them best.

Regards,

Jason @ AJR