Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   GE/GD Front OEM BRake KIT UPGRADE!!! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/76821-ge-gd-front-oem-brake-kit-upgrade.html)

Wafulz 02-26-2013 01:12 PM

GE/GD Front OEM BRake KIT UPGRADE!!!

2 Attachment(s)
:iough:Okay so i been talking to a good friend about making some kind of brake kit upgrade for us fits for a low price but OEM

So.... Im wondering if anyone was interested in a Front OEM 12in Brake kit upgrade will include caliper, rotor, brake pads new bolts brackets and a 5mm spacer is needed to make it clear It and u use ur stock brake lines
Reason we dnt wanna throw SS lines because it just costs more And for a OEM upgrade i doubt people will pay 400+ for it.............

So at a cost Of 300 flat Is great if u really think about it cuz i know i would not pay 400+ for a oem upgrade

We can paint the caliper any color as well for 10 bucks :)

There is someone on the forum running and testing will not release name but he loves it its cheap upgrade that works GREAT

Think about it and please let me knw PM ME for more details

all we need is 10 people and he will make more :) FITS GE OR GD :wiggle:

Attachment 20966

Attachment 20967

JDMchris.com 02-26-2013 01:41 PM

What caliper and rotor does it use? Also what is the spacer used for? To clear OEM wheel?

Wafulz 02-26-2013 01:56 PM

Pmd.........

TPColgett 02-26-2013 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com (Post 1165303)
What caliper and rotor does it use? Also what is the spacer used for? To clear OEM wheel?

Agreed, more specificity needed.

Also, can you get a comparison in total weight?

Adding additional breaking force is great, but for an added 2, 5, 10 pounds of un sprung weight? At least for some one like me, who actually will be pushing it, the weight will be a factor...

Wafulz 02-26-2013 02:05 PM

its a s2k brake kit

as for weight im getting u the info right now i just talk to him said he will give me a call bak and find out

TPColgett 02-26-2013 02:10 PM

So, fitting OEM S2K rotors and calipers to the front?

hmm...

:worthless:

PLEASE keep us in the loop with full details once available... ;)

Wafulz 02-26-2013 02:30 PM

pics up will get weight details in a lil

accordguyintake 02-26-2013 03:26 PM

Those are pics of my car... I love it! My car doesn't feel any slower and the brakes are much stronger, pedal force is slightly higher, and there is more feedback through the brake pedal under braking. I haven't tested it in high-temp conditions like a track day yet, but I'll try to soon. I have no worries that it will work well though. Before, I would feel tons of heat radiating from the rotor after daily driving. Now, I can pretty much touch the rotor after driving and it feels just warm/hot. Plus, it looks deadly on 15"s.

JUST BE AWARE! I had to shave down the side of the rotor a bit to clear 15". 16 or larger should have no fitment issues. Also, I am using stock brake lines but I could not use the mounting point for the brake line. I had to zip-tie the line to give more slack to the brake line. I am not very worried about this though and it has held up fine for the past 2 weeks :D

TPColgett 02-26-2013 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 1165341)
Those are pics of my car... I love it! My car doesn't feel any slower and the brakes are much stronger, pedal force is slightly higher, and there is more feedback through the brake pedal under braking. I haven't tested it in high-temp conditions like a track day yet, but I'll try to soon. I have no worries that it will work well though. Before, I would feel tons of heat radiating from the rotor after daily driving. Now, I can pretty much touch the rotor after driving and it feels just warm/hot. Plus, it looks deadly on 15"s.

JUST BE AWARE! I had to shave down the side of the rotor a bit to clear 15". 16 or larger should have no fitment issues. Also, I am using stock brake lines but I could not use the mounting point for the brake line. I had to zip-tie the line to give more slack to the brake line. I am not very worried about this though and it has held up fine for the past 2 weeks :D

Hmm...

Thanks for the testimony/feedback Jason!

Your also making near double my WHP :rotfl: so 1-2 pounds of unsprung rotating mass would be hard to notice for you...

Also:
Attachment 20960

This has obviously been re drilled to 4x100.. and yet one hole looks like its patially in the 5 lug hole :eek3:

accordguyintake 02-26-2013 04:08 PM

Yeah it's fine, there is absolutely no vibrations or issues. We are trying to source a machining company atm to see if we can get consistently good fitment. If not, we may try to work and get a custom rotor produced as well. :)

Pretty much, this is just to gauge interest. If it has positive feedback, we will try to make the kit as reliable and worry free as possible :D

TPColgett 02-26-2013 04:12 PM

Ok, well count me in then!!!

Wafulz 02-26-2013 04:26 PM

:) Jason Saves the day :)<3 thanks

accordguyintake 02-26-2013 04:35 PM

oh sorry, I shaved down the caliper, not rotor.. haha

j1nNju1c3 02-26-2013 06:02 PM

subscribed. :wavey:

Wafulz 02-27-2013 12:15 PM

Bump! com on yall lets get this going :) still pending on weight info

Shu 03-05-2013 11:13 AM

Very interested if we can source properly drilled (read: not redrilled) rotors.

Wafulz 03-05-2013 12:11 PM

well as long as i get more interest we can get that going :)

but right now its just a prototype thats works well no shaking nothing im waiting on a set for me to

TPColgett 03-05-2013 01:48 PM

I know there are larger 4x100 discs available. AJR has a set of Brembo's in there "kit" A&J Racing :: Brakes :: Conversions :: AJRC Front Big brake upgrade Conversion kit - Honda Fit 07-08 (GD3)

And I would also closely take a look at what Fastbrakes.com has to offer as a comparison for you guys on pricing and such. Your planned kit looks closest to there "Economy" kit that uses the TypeR calipers 2007-2011 Honda Fit 11" economy big brake kit

gold-civic 03-05-2013 02:15 PM

Looks for me that the big brake kit from other like the eg6 or ek4 will also fit.

DC2 Calibers and MG ZR Rotors 282mm 4x100

Wafulz 03-05-2013 02:32 PM

but the s2k is 12in rotors

gold-civic 03-05-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wafulz (Post 1166797)
but the s2k is 12in rotors

Yes, but the centerbore is bigger than the fit one. so you do not have a very good middle calibration.
i think a cheaper way is the 11in with nsx or dc2 calibers.

http://www.bremsen-heinz.de/pic.php?...MDIwOS5qcGc%3D

JamesBizzle 03-05-2013 07:39 PM

I may be interested.

swflej1 03-06-2013 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by gold-civic (Post 1166804)
Yes, but the centerbore is bigger than the fit one. so you do not have a very good middle calibration.
i think a cheaper way is the 11in with nsx or dc2 calibers.

http://www.bremsen-heinz.de/pic.php?...MDIwOS5qcGc%3D

Here are some 11in rotors

Our rotor
BrakeBest Select 96087RGS - Brake Rotor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

07 mini rotor
BrakeBest Select 980606RGS - Brake Rotor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

apexanimal 03-07-2013 09:50 PM

How about doing an economy rear disc conversion?! ;)

corygibson 03-08-2013 10:39 AM

interested.

B( * Y * )BIES 03-10-2013 09:04 AM

I'm interested in a budget friendly F & R brake upgrade
Waflz - I like what ya got goin on but would have greater interest if rotor was only a 4x100 vs re-drilled. Creativity like this is essential for our Fits... especially the GD's.

Import Al 04-19-2013 05:51 AM

That's a LOT of brake for our little cars! (swept area especially).

Good luck finding an affordable big 4x100 rotor!

Wafulz 04-19-2013 03:40 PM

:).........................!!!!!!

it's pronounced iVTEC 04-20-2013 05:48 PM

I think that's a very bad idea drilling out a rotor to make it in to a 4 bolt like that. It looks like shit because one hole is half drilled through an existing one and in my opinion not safe at all. Why not just spend the extra money on a rotor that actually fits as opposed to..that. You guys have fun with that but i'll build mine properly.

BMW ALPINA 04-20-2013 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 1176487)
I think that's a very bad idea drilling out a rotor to make it in to a 4 bolt like that. It looks like shit because one hole is half drilled through an existing one and in my opinion not safe at all. Why not just spend the extra money on a rotor that actually fits as opposed to..that. You guys have fun with that but i'll build mine properly.

It might not look "proper" but it will work just fine.
Because it is not the hole that hold the rotor properly in place,
but it is the CLAMPING Force by the Nut.
The rotors were clamped by the wheel and the hub.

so when you brake, the force of the brake were not transmitted to the bolt
but transmitted on the entire face of the rotor's Hat and the hub.

so unless you drilled the face of the rotor too much like cheese holes,
then it should not weaken the structure of the rotor at all.

it's pronounced iVTEC 04-20-2013 10:38 PM

I know that much, but I don't think you're seeing the point I'm trying to make here. Why on earth would someone butcher an important safety device when you could just buy the proper part to begin with? Am I the only one that sees the logic in this? It's not necessary to do that when you can find a rotor, new or used, that you won't have to hack up and make it look stupid

BMW ALPINA 04-21-2013 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 1176522)
I know that much, but I don't think you're seeing the point I'm trying to make here. Why on earth would someone butcher an important safety device when you could just buy the proper part to begin with? Am I the only one that sees the logic in this? It's not necessary to do that when you can find a rotor, new or used, that
you won't have to hack up and make it look stupid

On the other hand,
I see your point of view,
but I also see the starter of this thread "Wafulz" point of view.

From his first post at the top of this thread he said:

Originally Posted by Wafulz (Post 1165299)
:iough:Okay so i been talking to a good friend about making some kind of brake kit upgrade for us fits for a low price but OEM
So.... Im wondering if anyone was interested in a Front OEM 12in Brake kit upgrade will include caliper, rotor, brake pads new bolts brackets and a 5mm spacer is needed to make it clear It and u use ur stock brake lines
Reason we dnt wanna throw SS lines because it just costs more And for a OEM upgrade i doubt people will pay 400+ for it.............
So at a cost Of 300 flat Is great if u really think about it cuz i know i would not pay 400+ for a oem upgrade
We can paint the caliper any color as well for 10 bucks :)
There is someone on the forum running and testing will not release name but he loves it its cheap upgrade that works GREAT

Your point of view is you want to make your brake kit the "PROPER" way,

Wafulz point of view is to make as cheap as possible brake kit with 12in rotor that still work.

so everybody had their own point of view,

Although the brake rotor is an important safety device,
what Wafulz did for his propose 12in brake kit is still SAFE.
Yes, it might look like a BUTCHERED rotor to you,
but it is still SAFE.

Don't forget this Wafulz's S2000 rotors are 1 piece STEEL Rotors,
and Steel as a material is very strong,
so it won't had a problem with several extra holes,
especially holes that do NOT effect the load bearing capacity.
In fact, if you think about it, that extra holes would make it several grams lighter.
(although that several grams of weight is not going to effect the handling much hahaha)

Here is A-J racing big brake kit that sell for CAD$399 or around $400 USD
this kit do NOT include the caliper and do NOT include brake pads and only 11.2 in in diameter.
http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/produc...6&cat=0&page=1
if you include the brake caliper and pads it will be way more than $400 and it still NOT 12in in diameter.

Notice on the picture below (A-J Racing rotors) that it had many DRILLED holes ?
Yes, it does not have one holes drilled on top of each other like Wafulz rotors,
but the holes at the surface of rotors from A-J Racing do not looks "standard" either....
(it might came from Brembo already drilled like that,
or A-J Racing might drilled more holes on those rotors,
that I don't know,
but my point is there are many holes on that A-J Racing rotors,
still I am sure you are confident that it is a safe product, right?)

http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/image.php?type=D&id=1293

Point is, it is SAFE to drill more holes on the rotors like Wafulz did.
That One Holes that were drilled on top of each other will NOT create any problem because,
1. The Material of this S2000 rotors are Steel, so you won't have cracking problem easily here.
in theory, it is almost like you are making an ELONGATED hole so you can adjust the position of a bolt.
will an elongated hole create problem? Nope.
2. The holes is NOT load bearing, it only there to allow the stud to go through
3. The holes is NOT the factor that make the rotors hubcentric, it is
the center hub job to make the rotors hubcentric.

Yes, you might think the way Wafulz did to his rotor was stupid,
but to Wafulz,
I am sure he think that he was smart,
because
he could get the performance of a 12in brake with just $300 (within his budget).

Take note that the $300 propose price from Wafulz will include:
A Pair of caliper,
A Pair of 12in rotor, (BUTCHERED look but still SAFE)
A Pair of brake pads
A Pair of new bolts brackets and
A Pair 5mm spacer needed to make it clear

The LOGIC from Wafulz is:
It is NECESSARY to use the BUTCHERED look if you want a 12in brake rotor KIT
with just $300 in budget,
but
of course it is UNNECESSARY to BUTCHERED your rotor if you have a larger budget.

Here are 2 constructive way you can do for Wafulz (and for other reader of this board):

First way:
If you can point out how to make a similar 12in brake kit like what Wafulz propose above
with PROPER rotor for just $300 bucks, then you should post it here,
so Wafulz can learn the PROPER way that still within his budget
(or other here could buy/build the kit based on your recommendation but still at $300)
Perhaps you know other 12in OEM rotor that had 4x100pcd and same/larger center bore that can be used
for Honda Fit Front Brake kit, all while still within $300 budget with all the other hardware (caliper/pads/spacer/bolts)?

or

Second way,
If you think it is UNSAFE,
then you should post it here to warn Wafulz,
(with complete technical explanation on why you think it is UNSAFE)
because if it is really unsafe, Wafulz could face a potential lawsuit
from buyer of his propose brake kit if it fail.
(not to mention savings life of some people here).

I see that,
Wafulz is aiming to service a different niche of market, a market where budget is tight, and people don't care
for butchered looks as long as it works and SAFE and only cost $300.

BESIDE,
Once the kit is installed,
no one will be able to see the "BUTCHERED" rotors lug holes because
it will be hidden behind the wheels. (unless you take off your wheel).
but what people can see right away is the LARGER 12in ROTORS looks,
which I personally think is a NICE looks.

(and for extra $10, you can have your caliper PAINTED too!)

it's pronounced iVTEC 04-21-2013 10:25 PM

A very well thought out post Alpina! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I voiced mine, and that's where we'll end it :)

j1nNju1c3 04-21-2013 10:40 PM

Love it. Ended the conversation just like gentlemen.

Wafulz 04-22-2013 12:12 AM

BMW alpina no homo <33 wish I was smarter like u and can Be more detail :).

The rotor is safe have no issue unjust gotta adjust to braking stops fast :)

And if u got the money and willing spend I can get u that 4x100 but not gunna cost 300 no more :). And I doubt u would pay

krunk13 04-22-2013 12:37 AM

Id rather have rear disc

j1nNju1c3 04-22-2013 12:49 AM

Does it include installation? Lol

FitStir 04-22-2013 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC (Post 1176522)
...... Why on earth would someone butcher an important safety device when you could just buy the proper part to begin with? Am I the only one that sees the logic in this? It's not necessary to do that when you can find a rotor, new or used, that you won't have to hack up and make it look stupid.....

Nope... I see your logic too... and agree.

There's plenty options or possibilities for our fronts... even a few very informative threads on here (ITR, another Acura (Legend?) front conversion, a few other ones too...).

Not the route for me either... but it might be the the route for others :confused:

Originally Posted by krunk13 (Post 1176667)
Id rather have rear disc

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat: x100000000

Bisquick 04-22-2013 11:24 AM

Sounds good, let me know. I'd probably look into an alternate bolt rotation angle just to be sure or maybe you can plug the old hole and redrill (yea... its added cost, but it'll stop the bitching). Unfortunatley I do not want to pay upwards of 600 or more for a front brake upgrade kit, this car is afterall an economy car.

On a side note, the 10.3" rotors and pads on the FIT are COMPLETELY inadequate. It is of major concern that almost all sub compact vehicles have better stopping distance by SEVERAL FEET. I understand Honda's concern to keep things cheap, but safety is not one of them.

Wafulz 04-22-2013 12:07 PM

Ohh i can get the Rear KIt BUT no one will pay for it... IF u GOT THE MONEY IN HAND THEN PM ME but ur looking at 650+ for it includes everything BUT NO INSTALL

as for re drill disc Im still working on a better drilling :) for the holes

everyone has there opinion and i dnt mind but it works well for me so yeah:)