2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

GE8 front sway bar upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
GE8 front sway bar upgrade

I want to upgrade my front sway bar on my 2014 Fit Sport (Canadian model) to improve the handling. Will see after if I want to upgrade the rear a well or not...

I would like to keep the OEM endlinks and brackets if possible. Also, would be best if aftermarket sway bar was the same color as OEM, as the dealer will probably not notice the swap (for warranty purposes).

From this thread (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...r-options.html), I think my only options are:

25mm Spoon 51300-ZF1-000
24mm Cusco 386-311-A24
24mm Ultra Racing UR-AR24-397

I know the endlinks are different for the spoon bar, but what about the others

I would like some comments from people who have installed one of these or of you have another option that I might consider.

Thanks!

Old 07-28-2014, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
In my opinion the Fit will benefit more from a rear sway bar than a front bar in 98% of applications. Also, any mechanic worth his salt will notice the change regardless of color.

All three bars you have listed come from reputable and proven companies. I say go with the one you can get the best price on.

Lastly, I strongly encourage upgrading endlinks and bushings with the bar. The stock endlinks have lots of flex and will negate some of the benfits of the sway bar. They also may not hold up at all and break when pushed hard.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
I'm quite surprised that a rear sway bar would improve handling more than upgrading the front on the Fit since the rear suspension is a solid beam and that Honda already added a rear sway bar.

So when you talk about a rear sway bar, do you mean upgrading the rear bar or adding another bar like this one: http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...g00000069.html

Also, don't want to add too much oversteer to the car, and I think that is what will happen if I only upgrade the rear bar...

Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't upgrade the front without upgrading the rear. It will at least keep a neutral balance or close to stock balance without introducing more understeer. This is complete driver preference though, maybe you like your car like that and are a point and shoot driver, so I won't knock the choice. But I digress...

The Progress, Ultra Racing or Cusco rear bar is what you're looking for. Although the Fit already has a "rear sway bar" these allow less flex between the trailing arms because they are stronger and mounted further back than the stock bar. I believe all three companies make front bars as well.

I agree with Funkster about upgrading endlinks, more-so because i've seen stock ones snap on other cars with upgraded bars (or pulled out from the chassis mounting point entirely, but that's another story lol) than performance since your car is relatively new, but they will help with that too.

The Fit does not have solid beam rear, it has torsion bar rear suspension.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Over-steer??? LOL

Originally Posted by Frenzal
Also, don't want to add too much oversteer to the car, and I think that is what will happen if I only upgrade the rear bar...
...You will have to do more than just installing a rear sway bar to induce over-steer in the Fit. These cars don't rotate that easily.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Dil
US and Canadian Fit's were typically designed to under steer for safety reasons. Your average driver can not correct from over steer that's why most newer cars don't have rear sway bars.

I would recommend stiffer rear rates and a rear sway bar to increase rotation.