2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Forged Wheel Options?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Forged Wheel Options?

I've tried searching, but haven't been able to come up with much info. Is there a good website to look at forged wheels for our Fits that actually lists wheel weights? I really like the style of the Kosei K1 TS and Enkei PF01 wheels and am wondering if there's anything similar available in a lightweight forged wheel. Thanks in advance!

-Dustin

Old 08-19-2014, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the kosei and enkei aren't forged. But heres a link for some volk wheels (which a majority of their wheels are with the exception of a few)...
Volk Rims Wheel Weight | Measurespeed

You might like the RE30's.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the link. Wow, those are expensive! I'm not sure the extra pound or two per wheel saved would be worth the extra $2 - $3k though unless you're into racing shaving fractions of seconds, which I'm not. Are there any other advantages with forged wheels other than the weight savings? Are they a stronger in general than other types of construction?
I keep seeing people post about forged wheels and was just wondering what the deal with them was.

-Dustin

Old 08-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Administrator
I run forged SSR's Type-F's on my GE8, here is a thread with weights and pics:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ht-thread.html

No real reason to run Forged wheels if you are just using them for everyday driving, (but doesn't hurt)

Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Forged wheels are great for tracking your car. Your wheels undergo a lot of torture when racing and having a forged wheel is stronger than a cast wheel. Cast wheel can sometimes break while tracking, but more often than not (95%) they should be fine.

Now forged wheels have become super trendy in the car scene these past few years. And there is nothing quite like separating yourself from the pack than being able to afford expensive forged wheels on your non-performance slammed car.

This in turn brought upon the whole "Hate fake wheels" ideology. Because now these people who could afford very expensive wheels were getting upset that other companies where making knock off wheels only in affordable cast versions. This upset the stanced crowd becuase now anybody could have any kind of wheel at affordable prices.

So now the car culture is divided. Some people despise knock off cast wheels, others don't care and just buy for looks, very few buy for performance and most just buy what is affordable and within their budget.

So there is nothing wrong than running a cast wheel, and if you drive your car to work/store and occasionally drive a little spirited you will still be in great shape. But just be aware most cars you see on the street that do have forged wheels will never touch a race track and thus are strictly purchased as a fashion statement (think girls who buy 1200 dollars purses just to show off).

However if you really want a strong wheel just stick with your oem wheels. They are cast, and sometimes moderately heavy but OEM wheels are just as strong as forged. In fact I believe enkei manufactures most honda oem wheels.

And if you choose to go with forged thats great too! Its your car and your money, and as long as you love your ride then thats all that matters.
Hope that answered your questions

Last edited by Mr.Hollow; 08-20-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the responses guys and for the very nice explanation Mr. Hollow! The difference between expensive forged wheels and much less expensive cast wheels makes perfect sense now. For me I just want something that looks nice, weighs a little less than the stock wheels, and will handle daily driving and the occasional spirited drive down a winding back road. I think I've narrowed it down to Kosei K1 TS wheels in the 17"x7" size with some good all season tires in the 205/45/R17 size.

-Dustin