2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Alignment off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:29 AM
Alignment off?

Hey guys,

Just got my Tein Street Basis installed and it's dropped on the lowest setting possible. I went and got an alignment done when I still had my 17x7 205/45/17 rims on. Now that I'm planning on switching back to OEM stock rims because I am traveling 800 miles next Sunday. I'm not sure why I still see red on the alignment sheet. I'm kinda new to reading alignment sheet, can someone please chime in on whether or not if my alignment is okay? and If I should've gotten my alignment done when I had my OEM on instead. I figured changing rims wouldn't effect the alignment going from 17 to 16 inch.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
Looking at the numbers supplied,You were not far off.

First the rear is not adjustable you have to replace the entire beam assembly to fix it. So forget about the slightly off reading.

On the front on the front caster you have 4.0 on one side and 4.4 on the other. The machine says the tolerance is 4.3. For forget about that one unless you hare having pulling to the right or left problems.

Even if you had a pulling problem the first thing I would do is swap the front tires side to side.

That leaves the front toe. On a front wheel drive car you want 0 to slightly toe out. When they finished they had your car within spec so you should be fine there also.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
To "test" the alignment:

Get the car up to 65mph on a long straight highway and let go of the steering wheel.

Good Alignment: if the steering wheel is straight and the car stays in its lane.

Bad Alignment: if the steering wheel crooked OR the car drifts into another lane.

Note: this will not work on back-roads because back-roads have "Road Crown" for rain run off. And therefor the car will drift on back-roads and give false readings.

Road-Crown:

If the test results are ok then don't worry about the numbers. The "drive" is the principle result, if the "drive" is ok the numbers mean nothing.

-The front caster is not an issue.
-The rear toe may be that the alignment machine was not set up properly. I use to be a mechanic master certified and have done my plenty of alignments to know Hunter Alignment Machines are uber sensitivity to everything, even humidity.
-The alignment will be the same with any wheel and tire package.
-That being said; some after-market wheels make it difficult to attach the alignment sensors to the wheel and may cause a "fake" reading. Steelies are the easiest to attach the sensors to.

Last edited by De36; 05-31-2015 at 10:37 AM.