3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

***gauging interest*** buddyclub gk prototype exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
***gauging interest*** buddyclub gk prototype exhaust

Alright,

Need to know what everyone actually wants/will actually buy for their GK's!

A couple of the concepts/idea's they've been playing with are the traditional Pro Spec style axle back exhaust with the canister and tip exposed versus a new hidden canister and longer exhaust tip. Maybe burnt titanium and/or black chrome canister finish? Who knows?

Please chime in with questions/comments/concerns and with any pictures/drawings to support as well!

If you guys really parts for your GK's, please be active in contributing positive feedback for RnD!

Best Regards,
Note

Old 12-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I'd be interested in an intake(maybe an intake manifold too), and axle back exhaust. Wouldn't want it to be one of the big loud canisters, but if there was a more subtle option. More along the lines of an HKS Sport type. Also a full short throw shifter, with a shorter shaft. Lightened pulleys would be great too for both crank and alternator.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GetFit15
I'd be interested in an intake(maybe an intake manifold too), and axle back exhaust. Wouldn't want it to be one of the big loud canisters, but if there was a more subtle option. More along the lines of an HKS Sport type. Also a full short throw shifter, with a shorter shaft. Lightened pulleys would be great too for both crank and alternator.
@GetFit15: lolz, was only asking for exhaust input but glad for the full work up!!! We made (2) prototypes today and both of them are pretty quiet even at highway speeds! No droning. I'll post up pics and vids tomorrow since i'm pretty tired now and busy trying to convince ppl to head out to the track for a $50 track day in Feb!!! Not sure if Buddyclub has intentions to get into the intake game since other reputable companies have a pretty stake in it already, but you can actually modify the CR-Z Short Shifter assembly to fit your GK right away! no xtra parts needed, just a dremel or file and a lot of patience! as far as lightweight pullies, there was decent interest for the GE but ppl died out. Buddyclub has the capabilities to make the pullies, but they'll need an actual dedicated interested group before we can move forward. So since we've already confirmed that our specific Buddyclub GE coilover suspensions bolts right up to the GK w/o any modifications, lets figure out this exhaust business first!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Exhaust sounds cool Bruh Bruh

Old 12-18-2014, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
If you can come up with an exhaust that has a touch of raspyness (like the current-gen tC), doesn't drone at highway speeds and has twin chrome tips (not coffee cans), I'm very interested...

es

Old 12-19-2014, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
well, since the GK is twin-cam - it does produce the notes/characteristics that you're asking for (the 2 prototypes have thus already exhibited) and even the twin tips was thrown into the mix, but we'd need a LOT of people who'd actually want the twin tip option before we'd be able to proceed. Anyone else interested in the twin tip exhaust?

In regards to coffee-cans, i've "heard" FOLGERS makes a MEAN espresso when they hit B-TEC!

Old 12-19-2014, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
well, since the GK is twin-cam - it does produce the notes/characteristics that you're asking for (the 2 prototypes have thus already exhibited) and even the twin tips was thrown into the mix, but we'd need a LOT of people who'd actually want the twin tip option before we'd be able to proceed. Anyone else interested in the twin tip exhaust?

In regards to coffee-cans, i've "heard" FOLGERS makes a MEAN espresso when they hit B-TEC!
Do you have any pics of the prototype exhaust? What does your single tip look like (I don't care for the 'blued' look, personally, although it seems to be popular these days)? How feasible would it be for me to weld my own tips on (measurement-wise)? Something along these lines:

es

Old 12-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
Do you have any pics of the prototype exhaust? What does your single tip look like (I don't care for the 'blued' look, personally, although it seems to be popular these days)? How feasible would it be for me to weld my own tips on (measurement-wise)? Something along these lines:

es
I'm with you, this style tip is a lot better than the big 4" canister, and/or blued tip. I'd be interested in an axle back with this style tip.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member

es
to be honest, i'm a fan of the twin tip as well but in order to have twin tip that wasn't sticking out too much, you'd have to go with something like this;

Originally Posted by GetFit15
I'm with you, this style tip is a lot better than the big 4" canister, and/or blued tip. I'd be interested in an axle back with this style tip.
I understand where you are coming from too, however, we need other people to actually want to buy this style for it to go through production! Here are some rough prototypes that were mainly used for piping measurements, flange/hanger positions, and muffler location.

ProSpec Type Exhaust Prototype

ST Type Exhaust Prototype

We are already deciding to reduce the ProSpec tip and are still up in the air with the ST type exhaust but that was my own little spin on the tip and angle

I'd sand and polish the tip but the pieces are already packed up and in transit to the factory for prototyping! Unfortunately, the sound clips did NOT work out due to mic issues so we'll have to wait until we get the next batch of prototypes to re-record the sound bites-unless someone (sound engineers?) would like to volunteer to attempt to repair the audio on the clips? What i can say is that the ST exhaust with the tip facing down greatly reduced sound unless you were WOT and both exhaust had minimal if any droning! During highway speeds and cruise control, you couldn't even tell u had an aftermarket exhaust with the ST unless u stepped on the gas! We'll try to record decibel levels next round as well

Once again, the ST exhaust would be the one that we can utilize the twin tip with since the actual muffler is placed up into the rear cavity vs the traditional ProSpec exhaust. Anyone else care to chime in with any questions, comment, or concerns?

Old 12-20-2014, 05:04 AM
The ST Type looks slick. I'd love to hear it. Quite interested if a single tip option were made available.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
I like the ST type as well, and the shorter twin tips would be fine, although I suspect they would work better on your ProSpec so they could exit straight out under the bumper instead of having to be angled down as they would need to be with the ST type (right?).

Do you have a ballpark on pricing yet?

es

Old 12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
I like the ST type as well, and the shorter twin tips would be fine, although I suspect they would work better on your ProSpec so they could exit straight out under the bumper instead of having to be angled down as they would need to be with the ST type (right?).

Do you have a ballpark on pricing yet?

es
TBH, no idea yet since we haven't decided on which style but since its going to be an axle-back exhaust and not a cat-back, Buddy Club is aiming for a affordable price since we are all still hurting in this economy!

Old 12-23-2014, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
In for pictures of the next ST prototype!

Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
jhn
Imp, this is what every 4cyl should strive to sound like, just within the legal decibel range:

Old 02-10-2015, 01:22 PM
That sounds like total shit. No thank you. Why would anyone want to drive around to that, would be extremely embarrassing! Talk about getting laughed at big time by the ladies! Wow. WTF

Old 02-10-2015, 02:55 PM
jhn
Ladies love a guy who has a car that sounds like a ripping fart

Old 02-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Part of the terrible sound has to do with the quality of the camera. It was uploaded in 2011, and who knows when it was actually filmed....

That and the fact that they were using an engine setup outside of a car. Sorry to go full nerd, but it wouldn't sound even close to that in a real car on the road. Too many other dynamics in play. It does sound like a fart at times from what I can pick out, but I feel like I would need to hear it in a car before writing it off.\

On a serious note, any updates on exhaust setups?

Old 02-10-2015, 05:51 PM
jhn
All joking aside, a healthy running vintage Offenhauser in person is one of the sweetest sounding things. I'm not sure I could live with a car that loud on a daily basis, but I could live with the note it makes.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by esnave09
On a serious note, any updates on exhaust setups?

I'm just sitting back and waiting for some of these 'teaser' options to hit the order boards… hopefully come Spring, I can continue the upgrade parade!

es

Old 02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Okay, so i have good news and bad news...

Good News - Happy CHINESE NEW YEARS!??!?!!??!?!?

Bad News - probably not gona have the prototypes to post up until late march/april

Sorry for the delay but with EVERYONE closing down for Lunar Moon Festival in Asia (some countries get 3 weeks off) and the horrendous port congestion due to closures and strikes (Port dispute: Goods stuck on ships; ships stuck offshore; sides stuck with no labor accord - Omaha.com: Money) everything is literally stuck in containers stuck on a boat, just chilling off shore...

But real good news though, I was able to get my hands on some new shift knobs and neo chrome lugs that they had air shipped over so if anyone's interested... (and yes, they fit on your GK!)

o yea, about dem teaser options... NOBODY LIKES A TEASE!!! ESPECIALLY MY EX-wife. Damn, that just got weird and dark. Time to go for a canyon ride i guess...

Quick Reply: ***gauging interest*** buddyclub gk prototype exhaust