3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Where is the Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
Where is the Aftermarket

It has been over a year now. The 2015 Fit had a great start with the Fits at the Sema show and all.

Where is the aftermarket? U.S. aftermarket that is....

Only have seen the intake changed (AEM - barely different than stock) and a couple of mufflers (HKS, Tanabe, etc). What gives?

I just have been quiet lately and keep checking back but nothing seems to be changing.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-25-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:20 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Not a good enough investment to build parts for a car not many people are not tuning. Look at the gd3 market. It's been out since 2001 and finding simple things like a cam or cam gear is boarder line impossible. They just don't have the same influence as the civic/integra/prelude era.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Look at the GK section of this forum.

You're the only one who has done ANYTHING. The GK has been a resounding flop with enthusiasts.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:56 AM
I've given up hope on much except a few things from Spoon (they hinted at rear view mirrors if I'm not mistaken). The SEMA show cars were awesome. I'm glad the Swift springs are out now and like you said a couple of exhaust. Not that I was going to track my car, but it would have been nice to see others (like yourself Myxal) enjoying it. It looks like its just creature comfort items now. I think the release of the new civic info from earlier this year has shifted everyone's focus.

I wish more Mugen body parts were available on the USDM model, but I guess I can always think about a JDM swap down the road.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:21 PM
It's a crying shame. The car has a lot of potential but sadly, the civic seems to steal the show every time. It would be cool if Honda took the matter into its own hands and made parts available through their HPD division. Heck, I think the CR-Z has more aftermarket parts than the Fit.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
NO ONE makes parts for new Civics.

New Hondas just suck.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Wait for the turbo 1.5L to come out in the new HRV and new Civic. Hopefully parts will be swap-able onto the L15b block.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
It has been over a year now. The 2015 Fit had a great start with the Fits at the Sema show and all.

Where is the aftermarket? U.S. aftermarket that is....

Only have seen the intake changed (AEM - barely different than stock) and a couple of mufflers (HKS, Tanabe, etc). What gives?
I too am getting antsy, and frustrated.

However, I have been thinking about this, and theres actually quite a few options if anyone would like to discuss.

Im new here, but have had a bit of experience in running a honda forums website, many years ago.. with some small success. Sometimes, you have to get creative with these companies... so they know there is interest, from communities such as this.

That being said, I finally broke down and went and bought a KN filter today. Its on its way =D lol

#firstmod

And then i may get creative with the factory air box. But i have my eye on the hks exhaust, its sexay. The bisimoto one looks cool too tho

Old 08-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by 5H1TF1T
I too am getting antsy, and frustrated.

However, I have been thinking about this, and theres actually quite a few options if anyone would like to discuss.

Im new here, but have had a bit of experience in running a honda forums website, many years ago.. with some small success. Sometimes, you have to get creative with these companies... so they know there is interest, from communities such as this.

That being said, I finally broke down and went and bought a KN filter today. Its on its way =D lol

#firstmod

And then i may get creative with the factory air box. But i have my eye on the hks exhaust, its sexay. The bisimoto one looks cool too tho
There were more aftermarket parts for my Toyota Echo hatchback !!!

I have the K&N in mine. It's expensive for what it is and won't improve performance (perhaps 1 HP) but it will last the life of the car. I wish K&N would make a short ram or cold air for this car. It might be in the works because they have one for previous generations of Fit's and an awesome looking one for the CR-Z.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by mikeDF
There were more aftermarket parts for my Toyota Echo hatchback !!!

I have the K&N in mine. It's expensive for what it is and won't improve performance (perhaps 1 HP) but it will last the life of the car. I wish K&N would make a short ram or cold air for this car. It might be in the works because they have one for previous generations of Fit's and an awesome looking one for the CR-Z.
I have a 6speed LX, so im going to see if i can get the bumper panel that houses the fog light for an EX model on the driver side, and pop it in and redirect the intake to that inlet. Worked great on my old CRX Si

Old 08-04-2015, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
I have a 6speed LX, so im going to see if i can get the bumper panel that houses the fog light for an EX model on the driver side, and pop it in and redirect the intake to that inlet. Worked great on my old CRX Si
The route getting down to the foglight is TIGHT. The stock battery can get in the way. Good luck with that.

The intake modification is where it is at in my opinion. It really opens the car up. The muffler is the only piece of the exhaust I'd say change out. And I'd get the biggest straight through muffler you can fit on there so it actually muffles the sound. The mufflers like Tanabe, Spoon, HKS and J's all seem to be just a 'Pipe in a Can' type design and they are louder than they need to be. From a performance standpoint, they are no better than my el-cheapo Hi Flo Pro Max muffler (that I have back on for my wife).

ECU tuning is very slow progress. Still waiting on Ktuner but I have to give them props since I have at least been able to reflash my ECU. The stock computer does great on it's own in keeping air fuel ratios check. No matter what I've done with the intake/exhaust, air-fuel ratios stayed the same as stock. Great!

Once the ECU can be tuned, a Bigger maf sensor should be able to be done successfully. Along with -->
Maxbore will bore out your throttle body. That's good news and it is CHEAP. I have not had any measurable performance increase but this is may be good to do with other intake modifications.

Cams.....still waiting on Deltacams regrind. Called multiple times with only response being 'it'll be coming out soon'. At least they answer the phone.

NST (Non-Stop Tuning) does not answer any of my phone calls. Emails responses seem to have stopped. They have had my pulley since November last year. At least they are advertising lightweight Fit pulleys but they are telling people it'll be a 30-40 day wait. I know, because I sent a 'dummy' request from another account...which the responded too. *sigh*

Have been unsuccessful trying to get an aftermarket manifold, even from Honda manufacturers.

You can do a coolant bypass from your throttle body. Cheap and easy!

For your CVT'ers......I have been trying to get some info early on from manufactures that modify snow mobile CVT transmissions to modify our CVTs for performance. The technology from a vehicle standpoint is just to new though but at least one of the manufacturers was very interested.

No nitrous applications, period. Called Nitrous Express, NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems), Zex and Venom.

Turbo....well you could have the same setup as Kenny V's setup. Could! It was all custom. I can't remember the cost or even if they told me what it was. I just remember a feeling of terror going through me at the $$$ for just 5psi of boost. And I've only felt that way once for a mod (Supercharger setup for my RAV4 that would've been post 10k).

Researched for a lightweight driveshaft (not like ours is heavy). It wouldn't be worth it anyways. The Driveshaft Shop had some mild interest but nothing serious.

Couldn't find anything on lightweight ball bearings. Lots of rumors on the applications that are already there, nothing concrete so not worth going after.

So these are some of the things that have been going on in the background. So it's not like we aren't trying.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
The route getting down to the foglight is TIGHT. The stock battery can get in the way. Good luck with that.

The intake modification is where it is at in my opinion. It really opens the car up. The muffler is the only piece of the exhaust I'd say change out. And I'd get the biggest straight through muffler you can fit on there so it actually muffles the sound. The mufflers like Tanabe, Spoon, HKS and J's all seem to be just a 'Pipe in a Can' type design and they are louder than they need to be. From a performance standpoint, they are no better than my el-cheapo Hi Flo Pro Max muffler (that I have back on for my wife).
I'm glad you posted this. I'm looking for a good intake for my car. I want a bit more torque, but am not really sure where to start... I've done all of my own repairs for the last 11 years (the amount of time I've been driving) but never got into any mods, and I know an intake mod is the place to start.. I know the sell full kits for $230-$250 but really DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

I also have had a hankering to do something to my exhaust, but not until they can give me something performance enhancing that doesn't sound like a damned fart canon.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by KByers12
I'm glad you posted this. I'm looking for a good intake for my car. I want a bit more torque, but am not really sure where to start... I've done all of my own repairs for the last 11 years (the amount of time I've been driving) but never got into any mods, and I know an intake mod is the place to start.. I know the sell full kits for $230-$250 but really DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

I also have had a hankering to do something to my exhaust, but not until they can give me something performance enhancing that doesn't sound like a damned fart canon.

They ll all sound a little like a fart cannon, relatively speaking. Lol

The trick is to get the angry bees in a coffee can sound. Thats were its at

I think im going to get that AEM intake, just for that quality alone. =)

Old 08-06-2015, 12:25 AM

ECU tuning is very slow progress. Still waiting on Ktuner but I have to give them props since I have at least been able to reflash my ECU. The stock computer does great on it's own in keeping air fuel ratios check. No matter what I've done with the intake/exhaust, air-fuel ratios stayed the same as stock. Great!

Once the ECU can be tuned, a Bigger maf sensor should be able to be done successfully. Along with -->
Maxbore will bore out your throttle body. That's good news and it is CHEAP. I have not had any measurable performance increase but this is may be good to do with other intake modifications.

Cams.....still waiting on Deltacams regrind. Called multiple times with only response being 'it'll be coming out soon'. At least they answer the phone.

NST (Non-Stop Tuning) does not answer any of my phone calls. Emails responses seem to have stopped. They have had my pulley since November last year. At least they are advertising lightweight Fit pulleys but they are telling people it'll be a 30-40 day wait. I know, because I sent a 'dummy' request from another account...which the responded too. *sigh*

Have been unsuccessful trying to get an aftermarket manifold, even from Honda manufacturers.

You can do a coolant bypass from your throttle body. Cheap and easy!

For your CVT'ers......I have been trying to get some info early on from manufactures that modify snow mobile CVT transmissions to modify our CVTs for performance. The technology from a vehicle standpoint is just to new though but at least one of the manufacturers was very interested.

No nitrous applications, period. Called Nitrous Express, NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems), Zex and Venom.

Turbo....well you could have the same setup as Kenny V's setup. Could! It was all custom. I can't remember the cost or even if they told me what it was. I just remember a feeling of terror going through me at the $$$ for just 5psi of boost. And I've only felt that way once for a mod (Supercharger setup for my RAV4 that would've been post 10k).

Researched for a lightweight driveshaft (not like ours is heavy). It wouldn't be worth it anyways. The Driveshaft Shop had some mild interest but nothing serious.

Couldn't find anything on lightweight ball bearings. Lots of rumors on the applications that are already there, nothing concrete so not worth going after.

So these are some of the things that have been going on in the background. So it's not like we aren't trying.
He man, what did the reflash do for you?

Old 08-06-2015, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
An it's been a bit since I've been on here I feel bad like I'm letting down the gk5 community, I need to invest in my exhaust system and a downpipe, be for I can go back in for more tuning with ktuner, but I must say over the past couple months this tune I have has felt great especially in the mid range and top end.. I'm hoping I can have exhaust set up with in the next month here, but now, I'm just waiting on a good cold air intake, hps is spoes to have something in the works they dot the donor fit but man its been a while since I've seen anything from them.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
Nothing! Testing the different cam angles shifted the power around depending on which one you set it at. Cam 40 was best for top end. Can't remember which was better for low end. Stock setting was best overall though so I put it back to stock.

When I was reflashing the ECU, the KTuner was unable to reflash the ecu so you can change the cam angle for best horsepower at specific rpms. You can only set it to one cam angle. Full tuning allows you to set different cam angles.

Keep it stock for now (The 2015 Fits anyways). Unless more tuning capabilities is available, see above post.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 08-06-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cleangd3
An it's been a bit since I've been on here I feel bad like I'm letting down the gk5 community, I need to invest in my exhaust system and a downpipe, be for I can go back in for more tuning with ktuner, but I must say over the past couple months this tune I have has felt great especially in the mid range and top end.. I'm hoping I can have exhaust set up with in the next month here, but now, I'm just waiting on a good cold air intake, hps is spoes to have something in the works they dot the donor fit but man its been a while since I've seen anything from them.
Totally off-topic, but did you sell your GD?

Old 08-09-2015, 10:50 AM
When I was reflashing the ECU, the KTuner was unable to reflash the ecu so you can change the cam angle for best horsepower at specific rpms. You can only set it to one cam angle. Full tuning allows you to set different cam angles.
We were testing which cam angles had better airflow for the express purpose of figuring out what was better at specific RPMs.

Once I got on the dyno with Justin's car we figured out exactly what was best for the cam angles and I sent you an email about having a tune ready for you to test in June and again in July. I never heard back!

Old 08-09-2015, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KTuner
We were testing which cam angles had better airflow for the express purpose of figuring out what was better at specific RPMs.

Once I got on the dyno with Justin's car we figured out exactly what was best for the cam angles and I sent you an email about having a tune ready for you to test in June and again in July. I never heard back!

You did? My apologies! I get a lot of junk mail and must've deleted it in between by mistake. Pretty excited about this and thanks for the heads up.

Um...can you send that email again? I had no idea! You know I always reply.

The dyno software I was using was mediocre at best. Trying to use it with the infinite CVT gearing ratios (or any real dyno from my understanding) is pretty lousy but you gotta use what you can.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 08-09-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Just in case anyone is wondering why I have been posting lately and not letting the aftermarket go is because I truly believe with JUST an intake, exhaust, lightweight wheels/tires, lightweight pulley, aftermarket cams and tuning that the new Fit is capable of running high 14 second 1/4 mile times.

I'm dead set on this goal as my original goal was one lucky high 15 second 1/4 mile run. I'm positive with the above modifications done right, the Fit will run neck and neck if not faster than a stock Honda Civic Si, Acura ITR, Fiesta/Ford ST, Cooper Mini and/or Fiat Abarth 500. And be just as or more reliable (Then the Ford/Abarth) with great fuel economy. As the car sits, the 1/4 mile calculators are telling me I need to lose another 200lbs, make another 12hp or something in between to reach a 14.9. It's gonna happen damn it.

My apologies for reaching for the stars. It's gonna happen. Just need the vendors to come around or some thinking out of the box and work with what we have some kind of way. And...I'm not knocking Ktuner in NOWAY. I as jumping right on any update/file I received but I am blaming myself for not testing the latest update...just yet. I have to get a new Evolution battery to fit my Myxal SRI-CAI intake back on so I can resume testing. This will be done though.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-14-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Where is the Aftermarket