3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Does anyone have Dyno Numbers for GK5

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Does anyone have Dyno Numbers for GK5

I have only seen numbers for vendors like, AEM, HPS, and Ktuner, has anyone have numbers??

Old 07-10-2017, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by action213
I have only seen numbers for vendors like, AEM, HPS, and Ktuner, has anyone have numbers??

I've been on here for years. I have not seen any, except from those you have mentioned (On the GK5 platform anyways). I have CVT so never bothered to dyno anything. Only care for 1/4 mile track before and after numbers anyways. Good luck!

Old 07-31-2017, 05:57 PM
Dyno numbers

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I've been on here for years. I have not seen any, except from those you have mentioned (On the GK5 platform anyways). I have CVT so never bothered to dyno anything. Only care for 1/4 mile track before and after numbers anyways. Good luck!

I had 95 hp at the wheels stock, today I put in right about 112 hp which is a 17 percent increase. I know I should be happy about that but I was hoping for more. I have the hps cold air intake, rv6 downpipe with cat, maxboore throttle body, ktuner, and hks axle back exhaust. I have seen numbers with just ktuner at 121 hp. I did have a problem today getting full traction control off.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by action213

I had 95 hp at the wheels stock, today I put in right about 112 hp which is a 17 percent increase. I know I should be happy about that but I was hoping for more. I have the hps cold air intake, rv6 downpipe with cat, maxboore throttle body, ktuner, and hks axle back exhaust. I have seen numbers with just ktuner at 121 hp. I did have a problem today getting full traction control off.
FINALLY!!! Congrats on your dyno run. Great numbers.

How far do you intend on taking your modifications? You have a manual transmission I assume since you were able to get a clean dyno run.

Want more power, acceleration and/or speed, there are a few more things you could do.

1) Lightweight wheel/tire. I was able to reduce my wheel weight down from 33lbs to 24lbs per wheel,

2) Lighweight NST pulley. It shaved off 2lbs from the stock one.

3) Deltacam camshaft. I have a set installed but can't take advantage of the extra power that may be available because the Ktuner will not raise the rev limit on a CVT tranny. If you have a manual tranny, it should work well foe you.

This is exciting. Thanks for posting.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
FINALLY!!! Congrats on your dyno run. Great numbers.

How far do you intend on taking your modifications? You have a manual transmission I assume since you were able to get a clean dyno run.

Want more power, acceleration and/or speed, there are a few more things you could do.

1) Lightweight wheel/tire. I was able to reduce my wheel weight down from 33lbs to 24lbs per wheel,

2) Lighweight NST pulley. It shaved off 2lbs from the stock one.

3) Deltacam camshaft. I have a set installed but can't take advantage of the extra power that may be available because the Ktuner will not raise the rev limit on a CVT tranny. If you have a manual tranny, it should work well foe you.

This is exciting. Thanks for posting.
This is good stuff! Thanks for sharing you guys! It almost sounds like with combo of downpipe, intake, axle back exhaust, pulley, camshaft, ktuner, and tune can achieve close to 130WHP?! Is that what im sensing? Maybe this is the max we can get out of the motor before any other serious mods like forged internals, F/I?

Old 04-11-2021, 12:49 PM
The Japanese Honda Fit RS seems to make more power than the USA counterparts.

This graph shows a completely stock Manual 2015 Honda Fit RS.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by dellas
...a completely stock Manual 2015 Honda Fit RS....
The US market fits share the same motor as the rest of the world's (including japan's) RS trim level (L15B1). alternates being:
....so this is likely the same results expected in the us gk's manual lx/ex trims... my butt-dyno agrees anyway...

Last edited by knope; 04-13-2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-13-2021, 12:49 PM
The CVT versions of the JDM Fit RS put down 125 WHP on a dynojet. We tuned 4 of these models since late last year and all put down same numbers without a tune.

When tuned the CVT cars make 132-135 WHP in S mode and 138-140 WHP in paddle shift mode on fully stock cars.

Old 04-13-2021, 12:50 PM
A group of us bought RV6 non catted downpipe and takeda intake. Will be installing and retuning very soon

Old 04-19-2021, 07:46 PM
I also purchased the takeda momentum intake, and have a buddy club axle back exhaust. show the numbers!

Old 04-20-2021, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Subscribing!!!! Good numbers on stock !!

Old 09-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by dellas
A group of us bought RV6 non catted downpipe and takeda intake. Will be installing and retuning very soon
interested to see your results, just installed a rv6 catless pipe and hks axleback. Soon will be adding the same intake. ktuner should arove in the next couple days.. and I'm assuming that the stock RS in Japan making 130whp is due to them using a much higher octane then here in usa.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Mods
-Drop in k&n air filter
-RV6 catted header/collector
-2¼" muffler shop mid pipe
-Tanabe Medallion axle back
-Tune (KTuner)

Old 09-06-2021, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by elkaku
Mods
-Drop in k&n air filter
-RV6 catted header/collector
-2¼" muffler shop mid pipe
-Tanabe Medallion axle back
-Tune (KTuner)

thats a nice number! 148! What octane were you running/tuned on?

Old 09-06-2021, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by clorbag
thats a nice number! 148! What octane were you running/tuned on?
93... At least that's what is advertised as...

Old 09-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by elkaku
93... At least that's what is advertised as...
thanks a ton! I have a friend that tunes cars. Gonna see what kinda magic he can do. And we have 93 here which is great news.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Dyno #'s after HKS install

Originally Posted by clorbag
interested to see your results, just installed a rv6 catless pipe and hks axleback. Soon will be adding the same intake. ktuner should arove in the next couple days.. and I'm assuming that the stock RS in Japan making 130whp is due to them using a much higher octane then here in usa.
We're actually in Jamaica, using E90 Gas here. Surprisingly after installing the HKS Axleback we saw up to 146 on average on the dyno. Cant wait to get tuned =D

Old 06-21-2022, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CJDJ
We're actually in Jamaica, using E90 Gas here. Surprisingly after installing the HKS Axleback we saw up to 146 on average on the dyno. Cant wait to get tuned =D
Did you ever get a tune? If so, what were the results?

Old 06-22-2022, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by CJDJ
nice numbers ... my butt-dyno tells me i'm somewhere around 120 before heatsoak.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately my engine got damaged last year, possible oil burning issue. Sourced one from the US(mileage was pretty high on it) and its back up and running. Power figures on that one are a bit lower than expected after the tune at 136HP and 118ft/lb.
Also sourced a down pipe from Max Racing out of Malaysia. The EGR port needed to be modified as they use the L15A in south Asia instead of the L15B

Also Comparing stats from Different dynos as well. The first graph posted with the 129HP figure is a very hot Dyno the 2nd one afterwards has way better ventilation, I'm yet to go back to the 2nd Dyno as its a bit far from where I live.

Last edited by CJDJ; 09-15-2022 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have Dyno Numbers for GK5