3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Window visor

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Window visor

Has anyone bought the 2015 visor? I was in the market to order a set so I can crack my window when my car is out baking in the sun but the 2015 visor looks UGLY? I like the way the older visor looks like in the pictures

Here are the two

Honda Fit Door Visors 2009-2013

Honda Fit Door Visor's 2015
If the 2010 fit the 2015 I would jump on it already since its much cheaper.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Wow, the 2010 looks so much sleeker. I'm with you, I want to be able to crack my windows but the door visors are just so awkward looking.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree, the 15's are butt ugly.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Visor

This is my first post here!!!

I found a set you may like. It's on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Honda-Fit-OEM-Door-Visors-/201075808091?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed10d575b&vxp=mtr

Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
Has anyone bought the 2015 visor? I was in the market to order a set so I can crack my window when my car is out baking in the sun but the 2015 visor looks UGLY? I like the way the older visor looks like in the pictures

Here are the two

Honda Fit Door Visors 2009-2013

Honda Fit Door Visor's 2015
If the 2010 fit the 2015 I would jump on it already since its much cheaper.

I jumped the gun and bought the oem visors real quick but haven't set them up yet. I agree they're ugly compared to the previous gen Fit visors but the summer heat is really bad and I want to crack those windows open as soon as I can.

I'd be wary of getting any thing on eBay without proper pictures first. Those visors they have on eBay look like they're for the previous gen Fits. I'm sure they'll stick on but if they're not designed for the 15's windows, they're probably going to look funny on.

For example, I got "Cree" LEDs on eBay for headlights and foglights. The look is "cool" but the beam projection and glare is definitely not cool and embarrassing to keep on. However, I got the aluminum pedals on eBay which are nice, and I also see an auction for better looking side moldings compared to the OEM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-FIT-Painted-Body-Side-Mouldings-Moldings-Trim-2015-/271550731120?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f39af5370&vxp=mtr
surprisingly they are painted AND they have a pic of the 2015 USDM Fit and not the JDM. eBay also has a magnetic bra which I thought was pretty neat, but the OEM ones look better imo.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
I jumped the gun and bought the oem visors real quick but haven't set them up yet. I agree they're ugly compared to the previous gen Fit visors but the summer heat is really bad and I want to crack those windows open as soon as I can.

I'd be wary of getting any thing on eBay without proper pictures first. Those visors they have on eBay look like they're for the previous gen Fits. I'm sure they'll stick on but if they're not designed for the 15's windows, they're probably going to look funny on.

For example, I got "Cree" LEDs on eBay for headlights and foglights. The look is "cool" but the beam projection and glare is definitely not cool and embarrassing to keep on. However, I got the aluminum pedals on eBay which are nice, and I also see an auction for better looking side moldings compared to the OEM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-FIT-Painted-Body-Side-Mouldings-Moldings-Trim-2015-/271550731120?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f39af5370&vxp=mtr
surprisingly they are painted AND they have a pic of the 2015 USDM Fit and not the JDM. eBay also has a magnetic bra which I thought was pretty neat, but the OEM ones look better imo.
The OEM moldings are designed to be placed on the outer most portion of the door trim, which is what will keep other car doors from hitting and denting your door. These moldings that you are showing from Ebay, fit higher up on the door and therefore are not located on the outermost edge of the side door panels. Not sure if even a lifetime warranty would solve this problem.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 PM
I found myself some time in the afternoon to install my visors. So two things done today: Window tint and Window visors.

The visors themselves were not that difficult to install, but be wary of the push buttons - they're somewhat permanent.

Name:  LVl5Hjg.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  137.2 KB

Name:  NqJZFSU.jpg
Size:  148.6 KB

Head-on, it doesn't look too bad. From the OEM pics the visors don't look flush at all, but in person they really aren't bad.

Name:  Uu2xzLQ.jpg
Size:  150.3 KB

From rear to front view

Name:  oK0Kr5R.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  196.6 KB

With the windows all the way up

Name:  kc4s5wC.jpg
Size:  1.10 MB

With the windows cracked down to let some air in/out

Name:  37EH7LA.jpg
Size:  1.02 MB

Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Vanguard
The OEM moldings are designed to be placed on the outer most portion of the door trim, which is what will keep other car doors from hitting and denting your door. These moldings that you are showing from Ebay, fit higher up on the door and therefore are not located on the outermost edge of the side door panels. Not sure if even a lifetime warranty would solve this problem.

Actually, I just went outside to check it out myself, using my Versa door to see where it hits the Fit. Apparently, the OEM moldings sit lower and more medial to the car than the eBay ones, which sit higher and more lateral (not by much but still more lateral regardless). The height where my Versa's rear door opens out technically hits where the eBay moldings are placed. The oem rear door moldings are too low to be technically useful and I'm inclined to believe they're more form over function.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
Actually, I just went outside to check it out myself, using my Versa door to see where it hits the Fit. Apparently, the OEM moldings sit lower and more medial to the car than the eBay ones, which sit higher and more lateral (not by much but still more lateral regardless). The height where my Versa's rear door opens out technically hits where the eBay moldings are placed. The oem rear door moldings are too low to be technically useful and I'm inclined to believe they're more form over function.
Strange, as I found the exact opposite when I lined my Honda Odyssey up next to our Honda Fit, The Odyssey door without question hits the OEM moldings before the side of the Fit door. Same results when I lined up our Mazda CX-5. I guess if just depends on the car doing the "hitting". Another thing to consider is the fact the Fit OEM moldings are rather "thick". The moldings on the Ebay picture look wider and thinner, much like the moldings on our Honda Odyssey. Without having both on hand to compare, it is hard to determine which is more effective.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Vanguard
Strange, as I found the exact opposite when I lined my Honda Odyssey up next to our Honda Fit, The Odyssey door without question hits the OEM moldings before the side of the Fit door. Same results when I lined up our Mazda CX-5. I guess if just depends on the car doing the "hitting". Another thing to consider is the fact the Fit OEM moldings are rather "thick". The moldings on the Ebay picture look wider and thinner, much like the moldings on our Honda Odyssey. Without having both on hand to compare, it is hard to determine which is more effective.

Indeed the thicker the.molding the better. With my Vera's rear doors they hit right at where the eBay ones are. I do believe it depends on the car that's doing the hitting. Oddly enough my Camry hits the Versa lower than where the OEM suggests the molding should.be for the Versa. I haven't yet tried the Camry vs Fit " side molding test"

Old 08-22-2014, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you noripwr looking at your pictures I decided not to buy the OEM visor. I'll wait for someone to make a slimmer version closer to the older fits.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Im waiting on weather tech ones...

Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Noripwr, thank you for the photos as well. I'm installing my 2015 OEM's later today. I had aftermarkets on my 2008, and OEM's on my 2011, got to say the 2011 OEM ones were a much smaller profile. I still think the OEM 2015's look great. I'm not too picky. Going for the function more than the look. The Push pins and brackets are a really good way to install them. gives them rigidity when mounted & dealing with air turbulence.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
I had them on my 2010 and now on my 2015...both OEM...Love them. I think they look great on it...

Old 10-02-2014, 11:36 AM
found a new aftermarket window visor similar to mugen or kenstyle air stream visors
have my on order!!

Last edited by kenji815; 10-02-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
I have OEM Visors from Australia on my car. One word of warning which may or may not be a big issue for some is that a lot of aftermarket visors are either really really dark or not translucent at all, which does cut down on visibility. I had some knock-off Mugen visors on my car and after a couple of days I decided that I lost too much visibility and pulled em off! I couldn't even see the traffic lights on fwy on ramps.

The OEM visors actually do look a lot better in the above photos than on the Honda website though, it somewhat compliments the body lines?

Old 10-02-2014, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
I have OEM Visors from Australia on my car. One word of warning which may or may not be a big issue for some is that a lot of aftermarket visors are either really really dark or not translucent at all, which does cut down on visibility. I had some knock-off Mugen visors on my car and after a couple of days I decided that I lost too much visibility and pulled em off! I couldn't even see the traffic lights on fwy on ramps.

The OEM visors actually do look a lot better in the above photos than on the Honda website though, it somewhat compliments the body lines?

I actually have the OEM visor on my fit and its starting to grow on me. My wife love the fact that I can crack all the windows without having the wind hit her face while seating in the back with our baby. I have already went to 7 car washes machine and also hand washes and its holding very strong.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 PM

i'm not too worry about visibility. the roof line is high on the fit and i sit low
i have similar visor on my fiancee's mazda 3 and i loved it.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member

I had the same on my '08 Fit. I loved them, but my wife hated them. Eventually, the front drivers side visor came loose, and started flapping in the wind, so I needed to remove it. I like having the ability to put my windows down a little on rainy days, and cooling the car off a bit on hot summer days.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 PM
my buddy sent me picture of the new visor fresh out of the production line.
anyone interested in groupbuy?
need 15 sets in order to place order with the oversea manufacturer.

Last edited by kenji815; 10-07-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Window visor