3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

JDM upper lighted tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:18 PM
My parts guys supplier is in Japan as we speak. A set has been ordered for me... Now the wait begins...

Old 09-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Tell me more PLEASE!!!

Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
My parts guys supplier is in Japan as we speak. A set has been ordered for me... Now the wait begins...

A set of what? What did you order? What did it cost?

Did you get matching main body tail lights and rear hatch tail light assemblies? If you buy just the rear hatch tail light assemblies they will not match the USDM style tail lights although they still might look good.

Did you go JDM Fit GP5 Hybrid parts or did you go with AUDM (GK5?) Jazz tail light parts? Are you able to get AUDM Jazz parts? I am partial to those tail lights though I prolly can't afford them...

Inquiring minds (desperately) want to know!

Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fat_man
A set of what? What did you order? What did it cost?

Did you get matching main body tail lights and rear hatch tail light assemblies? If you buy just the rear hatch tail light assemblies they will not match the USDM style tail lights although they still might look good.

Did you go JDM Fit GP5 Hybrid parts or did you go with AUDM (GK5?) Jazz tail light parts? Are you able to get AUDM Jazz parts? I am partial to those tail lights though I prolly can't afford them...

Inquiring minds (desperately) want to know!
Lol....Sorry he ordered a full set of upper and lower taillight assemblies. They are the JDM Spec ones whos part numbers are pictured in this post. Cost??? Dunno I want them my parts guy n I have worked togeather for 15yrs so I know what I will pay is what he paid for them....

Old 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Lol....Sorry he ordered a full set of upper and lower taillight assemblies. They are the JDM Spec ones whos part numbers are pictured in this post. Cost??? Dunno I want them my parts guy n I have worked togeather for 15yrs so I know what I will pay is what he paid for them....
Ha! that's okay!

Are you talking about these part numbers? :

Originally Posted by maxair
Yeah tommycrx, This is perfectly possible.
My fitfans forum friend will make this in your Brazilian Fit 15:

The Japan part numbers:

Reclectors:
33500-T5A-J21
33550-T5A-J21

Taillights LED:
34150-T5A-J21
34155-T5A-J21

For a minute there, I was thinking that these were not actually the JDM parts because of the color (rendering issue?). On all of the JDM Fits that I have found, the part of the lights that sort of look amber in the pic above look white. See below:

Like this:

And this:

That made me think that this pic of the AUDM Jazz was showing a different set of tail lights than the JDM Fit...but now I don't know

Jazz Pic:

Do you think all of these pics are showing the same tail lights and that they are the same as what you ordered???

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see the pics of your car! That will settle the matter for sure. Then we will know without a doubt!

I'm so glad you are doing this!!!

Old 09-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Ha! that's okay!

Are you talking about these part numbers? :

For a minute there, I was thinking that these were not actually the JDM parts because of the color (rendering issue?). On all of the JDM Fits that I have found, the part of the lights that sort of look amber in the pic above look white. See below:

Like this:

And this:

That made me think that this pic of the AUDM Jazz was showing a different set of tail lights than the JDM Fit...but now I don't know

Jazz Pic:

Do you think all of these pics are showing the same tail lights and that they are the same as what you ordered???

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see the pics of your car! That will settle the matter for sure. Then we will know without a doubt!

I'm so glad you are doing this!!!

Take a look at the JDM vs AUDM lights. The JDM has more red in the lower reflector and the upper is full red vs red and amber on the AUDM ones. From that I'd say they will be different....

Old 09-22-2014, 03:25 PM
Take a look at the JDM vs AUDM lights. The JDM has more red in the lower reflector and the upper is full red vs red and amber on the AUDM ones. From that I'd say they will be different....
Can your parts supplier order all of us a set too? this feels like black market dealings

Old 09-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by noripwr
Can your parts supplier order all of us a set too? this feels like black market dealings
Once my set arrives and we see what it costs I will post up and see if anyone else is intrested in getting a set.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
I am very interested in the AUDM lights pictured above... I found a Honda parts site in Australia, but it appears you have to provide a valid AUS chassis number to order...

Any Australian or Kiwi readers (who own a GK Jazz) feel up to coordinating an order?

es

Old 09-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
I am very interested in the AUDM lights pictured above... I found a Honda parts site in Australia, but it appears you have to provide a valid AUS chassis number to order...

Any Australian or Kiwi readers (who own a GK Jazz) feel up to coordinating an order?

es

Just wait... wait until 15blkprl gets his and we see pics. I still don't believe that the AUDM Jazz ones are different than the JDMs. The only thing that looks any different in the pics is color. They look identical in every other aspect. And the color differences are not consistent across the pics. In some pics the JDMs have areas of white and in some they don't. I think the colors look different because of differences in lighting and the cameras.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Just wait... wait until 15blkprl gets his and we see pics. I still don't believe that the AUDM Jazz ones are different than the JDMs. The only thing that looks any different in the pics is color. They look identical in every other aspect. And the color differences are not consistent across the pics. In some pics the JDMs have areas of white and in some they don't. I think the colors look different because of differences in lighting and the cameras.
From my understanding the hybrid GKs get a different tail light treatment. It seems their nomenclature for the trims in Japan are GP3-5 and GK3-5 vs our USDM LX, EX and EXL trims. Though I may be wrong, maybe a JPN ff reader here can enlighten us.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by noripwr
From my understanding the hybrid GKs get a different tail light treatment. It seems their nomenclature for the trims in Japan are GP3-5 and GK3-5 vs our USDM LX, EX and EXL trims. Though I may be wrong, maybe a JPN ff reader here can enlighten us.
GPs are generally the hybrids...

Old 09-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
GPs are generally the hybrids...
That's what I mean.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Silver inner's are the hybrid LED taillamps. i'd be down for a set of those. these are popping up all over the indonesian tuning sites. theyve already bootlegged them and made their own version

Old 09-30-2014, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
That's Correct!

GP = Hybrid = Silver Details on the Taillights.
GK = Normal Engine = Red Details on the Taillights.

For who want the Hybrid one the part numbers are here:
Taillights
33500-T5A-J31
33550-T5A-J31

Upper Lights
34150-T5A-J31
34155-T5A-J31

You guys are lucky, I'm from Brazil and here the taillights have 4 bulbs (Lights / Brake / Turn / Reverse) and all JDM (aftermarket included) are all 3 Sockets. I had to construct an adaptor to use the JDM taillights.

I Still have to install the upper ones of mine.
But if helps, here are some photos:

I have more details about it on the FitFans Brazilian Forum (It's in portuguese).

xxryu139xx gave us a visit some times.
Fit Fans Forum - Exibir tópico - [ESTUDO]Lanterna LED GK - Honda Fit GK 2015>

I'll be glad to help.

I also discovered that on our tailgate there are no holes for the upperlights.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
I'm beginning to think the same thing. Like you say, it's really hard to tell from the photos floating around so far. The main difference seems to be between the Hybrid and non-hybrid models, and then between USDM and JDM/AUDM.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see…

es

Old 10-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Congrats go to member ROTTBOY as he is the first with JDM upper lights. He's blazing a trail for others to follow....

Old 10-08-2014, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Repro Taillights - Group Buy?

I've found a source for repro taillights - want to know if anyone is interested in a group buy. If so - see details in the "Gauge Interest for LED Tails" thread here.

es

Old 11-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Question 2015 honda fit Ex pillar light

I have searched everywhere, this is the closest thing I could research on how to replace the pillar lights, but I also need a step by step on how to remove them. I could remove it in a breeze but somehow the stock spoiler is in the way, how could you folks remove it?? plz help a chick out with her fit

Old 11-17-2015, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
I documented my install here.

es

Old 12-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Love the look of the LED's

Quick Reply: JDM upper lighted tail lights