Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/)
-   -   LED fog cover DRL (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/84973-led-fog-cover-drl.html)

kenji815 10-29-2014 11:56 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381034674495?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITanother led option

noripwr 10-30-2014 05:19 PM

What's with the pictures?

Edit: the other option above also doesn't fit USDM fit. I emailed the seller sometime last week and they told me no.

kenji815 10-30-2014 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by noripwr (Post 1274708)
What's with the pictures?

Edit: the other option above also doesn't fit USDM fit. I emailed the seller sometime last week and they told me no.

i posted the picture give people idea how the DRL is mounted. maybe someone can figure out a kit for USDM

it looks like the US bumper has those same mounting holes.

noripwr 10-30-2014 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by kenji815 (Post 1274726)
i posted the picture give people idea how the DRL is mounted. maybe someone can figure out a kit for USDM

it looks like the US bumper has those same mounting holes.

Ahh. Yea I have the same DRL led I posted about the same issue. The led themselves fit perfectly. Fits exactly like the pics you posted. It's just that the shrouds they come with don't fit the USDM bumper at all. I thought of modifying them but it wouldn't look OEM if I did

It's too bad too, cuz the knock off led DRL are well made.

payluder 10-31-2014 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by kenji815 (Post 1274430)

Does this work for the our fit? Looks good

noripwr 10-31-2014 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by payluder (Post 1274783)
Does this work for the our fit? Looks good

I had already messaged the seller last week when I saw it on eBay. They said it doesn't fit the US GK.

payluder 10-31-2014 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by noripwr (Post 1274896)
I had already messaged the seller last week when I saw it on eBay. They said it doesn't fit the US GK.

Very strange I also emailed the seller iJDMtoy they said it fits the U.S. gk. So I'm not really sure now. The listing photo headlight looks like us with the halogen light. Also they are a USA seller maybe I'll call them to be 100%

noripwr 10-31-2014 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by payluder (Post 1274921)
Very strange I also emailed the seller iJDMtoy they said it fits the U.S. gk. So I'm not really sure now. The listing photo headlight looks like us with the halogen light. Also they are a USA seller maybe I'll call them to be 100%

Your seller was iJDMtoy? Just checked that listing and see it from iJDMtoy. Hmm. The one I emailed was a seller shipping from Guangzhou, China. Not iJDMtoy, but selling tha same exact lights llike from the photos.

Also realize Japan also has halogen headlights on the standard trims

payluder 10-31-2014 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by noripwr (Post 1274927)
Your seller was iJDMtoy? Just checked that listing and see it from iJDMtoy. Hmm. The one I emailed was a seller shipping from Guangzhou, China. Not iJDMtoy, but selling tha same exact lights llike from the photos.

Also realize Japan also has halogen headlights on the standard trims

Yea IJDMtoy is a USA company like retrofit source I bought my HID fogs from them for my Lexus a little while back. Im really hoping the person that emailed me back really knows what he is talking about. I'll give them a call Monday and will get back to this post with a answer.

gordata 12-10-2014 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by payluder (Post 1274940)
Yea IJDMtoy is a USA company like retrofit source I bought my HID fogs from them for my Lexus a little while back. Im really hoping the person that emailed me back really knows what he is talking about. I'll give them a call Monday and will get back to this post with a answer.

I ordered the ones from IJDMtoys, I will let you guys know how it goes. They said it would fit the US spec fine.

noripwr 12-13-2014 03:03 PM

Let us knOw how it goes. I saw the same ones from alibaba for cheap but wasn't happy with how it looked in the pics they provided. Skipped on it.

maxair 12-15-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by noripwr (Post 1282227)
Let us knOw how it goes. I saw the same ones from alibaba for cheap but wasn't happy with how it looked in the pics they provided. Skipped on it.

Hi Nori, do you make DRL DIY step by step?

Tnx!!:)

gordata 12-16-2014 12:09 PM

I want to do a test fit of the itoysjdm ones, can I just remove the fog light cover without taking the bumper off or undercover?
Could not find a dyi on doing that.
I want to see if they fit if not they are going back to seller.

noripwr 12-17-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by gordata (Post 1282582)
I want to do a test fit of the itoysjdm ones, can I just remove the fog light cover without taking the bumper off or undercover?

Yea u can. Just stick a plastic spatula around the perimeter as you pet the fog cover off

makamine 12-29-2014 12:45 PM

Could someone confirm that the Japanese GK fog model is compatible with the US?

Will require any modification (DIY) Does anyone have pictures?

naps1saps 01-21-2015 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by gordata (Post 1282582)

Been a while....
What's the verdict? Did the shroud fit your USDM?

I'd like to get led DRL for my fog lights as well.

Bassguitarist1985 04-20-2015 02:08 PM

Many apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I see this is directly relating to the question I have. I see that IJDMToy was once a vendor for FitFreak, wonder why they stopped?....

2015-up Honda FIT OEM Fitting High Power LED Daytime Running Lights

Has anyone bought this kit? Will it fit the US GK Fit? Its even got the switchbacks which is cool. Seems a bit pricey but looks great as an upgraded OEM look to the US Fit.

kenji815 04-21-2015 12:31 AM

it doesn't fit USDM

Bassguitarist1985 04-21-2015 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by kenji815 (Post 1303133)
it doesn't fit USDM

Thank you for this!