Dash cam installed - no tools, no modifications - Page 3 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Dash cam installed - no tools, no modifications

Old 06-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by jukeboxx13 View Post
So does it record you too or just the road?

Thanks
It's facing out, so it records the road.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Thank you from 2018

Just installed a cheap YI dash cam in my 17 EX and your description and photos were helpful. I used a trim tool left over from the College Hills interior light set upgrade. It went smoothly. Thanks!

Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Old thread but you can pull the rubber seal away from the A pillar and run any wiring behind the airbag apparatus.

Old 04-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Thiamin View Post
Just installed a cheap YI dash cam in my 17 EX and your description and photos were helpful. I used a trim tool left over from the College Hills interior light set upgrade. It went smoothly. Thanks!
Thanks. Good to know people are still reading this thread.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:35 PM
I just ordered this camera setup from Amazon​​​​​

REXING REXING
Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Car Dash Cam FHD 1080p 170 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder with HD Rear Camera, Built-in GPS Logger, 16GB Memory Card, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording

Amazon Amazon

It comes with a 2nd rear camera and optional hardwire kit.
I'll report back on the install when it shows up.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Got my Rexing dual camera.
Heres a few pics.

Rear:

Screenshot of the GPS software

Old 04-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Fituna View Post

That's an impressive computer display.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:21 PM
I routed my power cord from the passenger side a-pillar, under the glove box, and then to the center console/cubby area

Old 09-01-2018, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by simonx314 View Post
Thanks. Good to know people are still reading this thread.
I'm still reading this thread. I watched your YT video on this install as well. I have held off on getting a dash cam for lack of confidence in running wires, and not wanting the wire to hang out in the open. Now I just need to select a camera and memory card. Is the camera that you chose still the choice to make? Are there newer versions or better options out there now?

Old 09-02-2018, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by LLLC1393 View Post
I'm still reading this thread. I watched your YT video on this install as well. I have held off on getting a dash cam for lack of confidence in running wires, and not wanting the wire to hang out in the open. Now I just need to select a camera and memory card. Is the camera that you chose still the choice to make? Are there newer versions or better options out there now?
I added a separate fuse panel under the dash. I ran a hot wire (fused) directly from the battery. I connect accessories to that fuse panel so there's no interference with the car's electrical system.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Fituna View Post
Heres a few pics.

Rear:

Screenshot of the GPS software

That looks nice, but it's pricey. I got a couple of $30 cameras a few years ago. Nothing fance, but they're still recording.

https://smile.amazon.com/Channel-Dashboard-Recorder-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B071LPV7G6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535891390&sr=8-3&keywords=rexing+dual+camera

Mine from 2014
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KHKUBLQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Eventually, states will pass laws requiring drivers to surrender their dash cams in case of an accident.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:27 PM
Small update.

My dual cam Rexing has worked well EXCEPT that the mini USB cord/plug/hole that powers and sends signal from the rear to the front main camera is crap.
I should have gone with the single front camera model as the rear drops out constantly.

The mini USB plug barely stays in place as it enters the rear camera.
I'll try to rig up a stabilizer or something to hold it in place.

Even worse, when the camera detects the signal drop from the rear, it freezes up.

Search this Thread