Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/)
-   -   touchscreen display question (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-interior-modifications-sub-forum/87618-touchscreen-display-question.html)

SteveSatch 02-04-2015 10:11 PM

touchscreen display question

2 Attachment(s)
When I start driving I would like the display to automatically show the music information that goes with the iPod I have hooked up that starts playing right when I start driving. I can't get the display to show that info by default. This is the display I get by default after the driver safety warning thing goes away:

Attachment 12475

When I push the iPod icon I get the screen I want:

Attachment 12476

Can someone help me set it up so I automatically, by default, get the info shown in the bottom photo without pushing any buttons when I start driving?

Thanks,
Steve

MacStevenXIII 02-05-2015 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try following these instructions to set the stereo to "Remember Last Screen";

Attachment 86644

SteveSatch 02-05-2015 07:10 PM

I thought "remember last screen" would fix the problem too but it doesn't. I have that selected and when I start my car I always get the screen shown in the top photo when I want the screen in the bottom photo.

GoBucky 02-06-2015 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by SteveSatch (Post 1290954)
I thought "remember last screen" would fix the problem too but it doesn't. I have that selected and when I start my car I always get the screen shown in the top photo when I want the screen in the bottom photo.

I have the exact same issue, I set "Remember last screen" to on, but it still starts up on the screen with all the source apps displayed.

lane73179 02-06-2015 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by GoBucky (Post 1291026)
I have the exact same issue, I set "Remember last screen" to on, but it still starts up on the screen with all the source apps displayed.

It looks as though you have the "Audio Source Pop-Up" setting turned on. With that on, you go straight to a list of all your available audio sources. Turn that off in audio settings, and keep "Remember Last Screen" turned on. Should give you what you're looking for.

SteveSatch 02-06-2015 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by lane73179 (Post 1291028)
It looks as though you have the "Audio Source Pop-Up" setting turned on. With that on, you go straight to a list of all your available audio sources. Turn that off in audio settings, and keep "Remember Last Screen" turned on. Should give you what you're looking for.

Thanks. I'll try that when I go to work in a few. Hope it works!

SteveSatch 02-07-2015 11:37 AM

That worked! Thanks so much. Too many menus and sub-menus. Not very user friendly.

wmo168 03-12-2018 10:50 PM

Thank you for the help... save me pressing more buttom

ascothern 02-13-2020 10:52 AM

I will say that the "Audio Source Pop Up" option turned on for me spontaneously, I'm confident of it. It just started happening one day.