3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Honda Fit US Press Release and Detroit Show Pics

Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 AM
We do know the ratios for the Japanese fit rs.
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_details1.php

I did the math and if the rs rides on 24in diameter tires like the current fit at 70 it will be at 3300rpm.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
The 6 spd was in the RS so it was more sport close ration oriented. it offer more flexibility at some speed. Personally i like my 2007 gear ratio, BUT if i could have a 6-spd to reduce rpm a 100 kph from 3000 to a little under 3000 ( like 2700 ) it will be perfect to reduce fuel consumption, and noise, and still have enough power not to have down shift in climbing slope on the highway, like the automatic trans. Of course they could have the same final ratio and just put a speed between third and fourth gear, That will be a useless 6 spd.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Well the stats I'm looking at are for the 2014 rs so even if Honda tweaks the gearing for the US it's still the same engine and close to the same weight and drag coefficient. So I'm sure it will still be at least 3000rpm. I would have rather had a 5spd with the same dash as the Ge with a 1.5L with 150hp. Remember when Honda used to make engines with 100hp per liter in the US..... Sad panda

Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13 View Post
Why is everyone so excited about a 6 speed? The ge Fits had them in Japan and if you look at the ratios for the transmission it's engine speed to vehicle speed was the same (70mph at 3500+rpm) I'm sure this one will be close to the same. The only reason there offering it is because we think we need/want it and they can offer more options on a made in Mexico Fit and still make money.
agreed! I bet it will still have the same RPM on the highway as the GE's in 5th - even then it will only be an advantage on long flat roads. because hills will require TWO downshifts now (Honda needs to give us atleast 150 hp - that's not too much to ask in my opinion)

Originally Posted by Japan Tragic View Post
actually is 5cm longer than the GE with a fair bit more storage space.

edit: from what I can find 363 litres Vs 337 litres

not sure if that shot of the yellow one is warped or not.

this is a side profile of mine.

sooooooo sick man please tell me the springs/coils you are on again, I need to get these on the way so I can lower my GK5 the same day I buy it as I did with my GE8

Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
We don't yet know what the gear ratios are. No use getting excited or disappointed until we know.

I like the look of the new dash. It's more clean and smooth and less "explosion of sci-fi futuristic shapes" like the GE.
smart dude right here! ^^^^

one more thing, I hope they offer heated seats with cloth as I hate leather and I doubt it but it would be cool if I can order a sport without a (heavy) moonroof option, but I suppose it will be a selling feature down the road if not!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.