3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit and HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 02:50 AM
2015 Fit and HID's?

Does the 2015 Fit have any Trim that has HID's? If not, does the 2015 Fit have Projector headlights? if not, what is the bulb type for the 2015 Fit?

I am heavily debating on buying a Fit or CRZ EX. I know the CRZ EX has HID's.

Last edited by gplacers; 04-16-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gplacers
.......am heavily debating on buying a Fit or CRZ EX. I know the CRZ EX has HID's.
IMO, its an easy choice. Gotta be the CRZ if the main purpose is, the more fullfilling joy of driving. On Torque alone, this will be more fun. In addition, it will have the looks to go with it. Definitely will p/u more p___y than any Fit could!!!
Only a $3,000+ differential and it already has HID's you desire. No 2015 Fit models will have HID available as OEM standard or optional equipment.
In my case, every cent counts so am relegated to choosing a Fit, and an LX at that. At least I continue to be part of the Honda family.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-16-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:45 AM
Only JDM FIT has stock what looks to me are LED. Basing your choice of HID's? They can easily be converted you know right?

USDM

JDM (much more premium)

Easy G00gle. FIT in JDM was 2014

Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 AM
not sure about the US CRZ but the JDM CRZ has less power and is 100kg heavier than the fit. Not much driver enjoyment there, although the fit is no sports car either atleast it has some practicality. Embarrassing it also runs rings around the CRZ LOL

Old 04-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
not sure about the US CRZ but the JDM CRZ has less power and is 100kg heavier than the fit. Not much driver enjoyment there, although the fit is no sports car either atleast it has some practicality. Embarrassing it also runs rings around the CRZ LOL
2012 or 13 cr-z gets 130hp. Ones b4 that make 122hp.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
I've driven my friend's 6 speed CRZ a few times already, it don't feel that it has that much difference in power. It isn't bad to drive at all and I really like the interior, but the suspension could get a bit tiring and for some reason it could be quite difficult to get in and out of it.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
I have both a 2009 Fit 5MT and a 2011 CRZ 6MT. They are quite different cars. While both share similar Honda DNA, both are rock solid reliable and both get just about the same fuel economy. There are different reasons for enjoying each.

The fit is quicker due to its shorter gearing and a bit more of a "sporty" to drive. It is far more practical, with much more cargo room and a back seat. Nevertheless, the CRZ can haul enough for most trips to the store and many of us never need a back seat.

The CRZ is more exclusive and that is my favorite thing about it. I LOVE that I don't see CRZs everywhere, like you do Fits. The CRZ feels more special when sitting in it and I like how it shifts better (even though the fit shifts fine). The CRZ rides a bit better than my fit and is a bit more soundproofed. I expect the new 2015 Fit to feel a bit more like the CRZ in this regard. And I expect this will take away a bit of the sportiness referenced above.

The HID headlights of my CRZ were a bit of a disappointment. In high beam mode, they are GREAT. But in low beam, they have a very sharp cut off, like a line, about 100 feet in front of you where they hit the ground with no light going any further. Other more expensive cars have self leveling HIDs that addresses this issue, but on the fit, if the road is going downhill, they only light a little bit in front of you.

While I have been satisfied with both cars, forts overall practicality, I really love my fit and after owning my CRZ for 3 years, only very much "like" the CRZ,with the exception of the CRZs exclusivity.

One thing I will note however, is that the Fit has held its value much better than the CRZ.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
2012 or 13 cr-z gets 130hp. Ones b4 that make 122hp.
JDM is 120hp (so 10hp down) and about 100kg heavier. For a "sports" car to be out classed by the econo car from the same maker is pretty weird.

CRZ needs a big boot in the pants for performance and brings me back to my constant whining of everything sacrificed for fuel economy... its supposed to be a friggen sports car!! getting thrashed by econo shopping trolleys is embarrassing.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I heard the next gen CRZ will be a complete turn around from this current gen. The CRZ itself looks like a really damn good looking car. Albeit a little Insight like, but you can't mistake the two for each other.

K-Swapped CRZ' are drool worthy.

OT:

I believe you can swap the headlights with JDM ones, they don't seem different looking at the pictures Desmond posted.

Last edited by ikutoisahobo; 04-16-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
I heard the next gen CRZ will be a complete turn around from this current gen. The CRZ itself looks like a really damn good looking car. Albeit a little Insight like, but you can't mistake the two for each other.

K-Swapped CRZ' are drool worthy.

haha agreed would probably have to go down as the fastest looking, but actually slowest car combo of all time!

Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
JDM is 120hp (so 10hp down) and about 100kg heavier. For a "sports" car to be out classed by the econo car from the same maker is pretty weird.

CRZ needs a big boot in the pants for performance and brings me back to my constant whining of everything sacrificed for fuel economy... its supposed to be a friggen sports car!! getting thrashed by econo shopping trolleys is embarrassing.
The 130 stated above is the combined rating of the motor and engine. The JDM model makes 120ps engine and 20ps motor and is rated overall at like 134ps(130~131hp) whereas the GK is rated at 130ps (up 10 on the GE), but should be slightly quicker more so to do with the gearing. The CR-Z' dumb 4.11 final is what really hurts it. The weight between the 2 is not really the problem as that motor gives it quite a bit more down low torque to move out of its own way slightly better. Being on circuit with just Fits and CR-Zs, they are not slower. Drop in the even just the older JDM GE8 final, but better yet the newer GE8 final (same as USDM) and the CR-Z will easily best a Fit. And never was the CR-Z labeled as a sports car by Honda. It was a sporting hybrid, which it actually is. It is a shame that the Honda board went back and not allowed it to be released with the K that was supposed to happen from the onset and allowed the green weenies to screw what could have been a really desirable vehicle.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
The 130 stated above is the combined rating of the motor and engine. The JDM model makes 120ps engine and 20ps motor and is rated overall at like 134ps(130~131hp) whereas the GK is rated at 130ps (up 10 on the GE), but should be slightly quicker more so to do with the gearing. The CR-Z' dumb 4.11 final is what really hurts it. The weight between the 2 is not really the problem as that motor gives it quite a bit more down low torque to move out of its own way slightly better. Being on circuit with just Fits and CR-Zs, they are not slower. Drop in the even just the older JDM GE8 final, but better yet the newer GE8 final (same as USDM) and the CR-Z will easily best a Fit. And never was the CR-Z labeled as a sports car by Honda. It was a sporting hybrid, which it actually is. It is a shame that the Honda board went back and not allowed it to be released with the K that was supposed to happen from the onset and allowed the green weenies to screw what could have been a really desirable vehicle.
Ive never driven one but a friend tracks his and has poured a heap of money into it with a HKS supercharger kit etc. (still slow LOL) Hybrid power lasts a whopping 3 laps before the batteries etc are dead weight. His experience is actually why I avoided the Fit Hybrid and went RS.

I guess its allowed to be slow cause its a "sporting hybrid"? what ever that is LOL

I dunno, the fit I can completely accept being a little lethargic as its not meant to be quick and is great on economy and practicality.

minus the KA20 in the CRZ and I cant really understand what the purpose of the CRZ was meant to be. Sporty looking slow car with all the impracticality of a sports car and the speed of a econo car? gets good mileage though! LOL

apologies if Im coming across a bit shirty, I think its just my frustration on Hondas direction over the past 5-10 years.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
5-10? It's been much longer than that, but at least 10 years ago you could still purchase an Integra R and Snisen.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
5-10? It's been much longer than that, but at least 10 years ago you could still purchase an Integra R and Snisen.
sadly you are right

I miss the small civic days. I think Im just getting old.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know if the JDM RS's come standard with HID ?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Trinzler
Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know if the JDM RS's come standard with HID ?
no the low beams are LED (seem very HID to me with that harsh white light)

highbeams are halogen.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Any idea where I can order them here in the good 'ol USA ?

Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Trinzler
Any idea where I can order them here in the good 'ol USA ?
no idea unfortunately, although I run an export company here in Japan specializing in car parts LOL

*not sure if their would be further work needed to wiring/couplers etc to convert to the LED headlight setup though?