3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Small dealership website with 2015 Fit info

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 12:27 AM
Small dealership website with 2015 Fit info

Was just looking at a few dealership websites, to see if they had anything fresh about the 2015 cars.

New Honda Fit | Bishop, CA

This very small dealership located in Bishop, Calif. now has some of the 2015 Fit pricing and information appearing on their site, even though they show only 3 new 2013's being in their inventory. Bishop is at the north end of the Owens Valley, about a 5 or 6 hour drive north of LA. Town has a population of about 2500. It is at least 4 hours drive away from the next dealer. Reno is about a 5 hour drive to the north of Bishop.

It surprised me to find the 2015 information on this small dealership's site. I do not recall seeing it, or the 2013 cars showing in stock a few weeks ago.

On a side note, the CARS.com website information is not to be taken as 100% accurate. It is only as good as the individual participating dealers want it to be (and not all dealers participate). Specifically, looking at the CARS website today for new 2013 Fits in the SF Bay area, showed 30+ at Oakland Honda. Upon calling them, no... they only have one 2013 Fit left in stock. They must not be updating their information on CARS when they sell a car.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by cckid
Was just looking at a few dealership websites, to see if they had anything fresh about the 2015 cars.

New Honda Fit | Bishop, CA

This very small dealership located in Bishop, Calif. now has some of the 2015 Fit pricing and information appearing on their site, even though they show only 3 new 2013's being in their inventory. Bishop is at the north end of the Owens Valley, about a 5 or 6 hour drive north of LA. Town has a population of about 2500. It is at least 4 hours drive away from the next dealer. Reno is about a 5 hour drive to the north of Bishop.

It surprised me to find the 2015 information on this small dealership's site. I do not recall seeing it, or the 2013 cars showing in stock a few weeks ago.

On a side note, the CARS.com website information is not to be taken as 100% accurate. It is only as good as the individual participating dealers want it to be (and not all dealers participate). Specifically, looking at the CARS website today for new 2013 Fits in the SF Bay area, showed 30+ at Oakland Honda. Upon calling them, no... they only have one 2013 Fit left in stock. They must not be updating their information on CARS when they sell a car.
That is interesting. Always like Bishop near Mammoth Lakes. Went to this BBQ place, and boy was that always good to chow down at..

Old 05-25-2014, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Pricing information has been on TrueCar for a few weeks now.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:31 PM
More to the dealer website

On looking further, I realize that having pricing is not new.....and that the video on the dealer's website is about the 2013 Fit..... But the rest of the information seems to be about the 2015 EX's.

Having the rest of the 2015 Fit information on this small dealership's site is probably something that comes from American Honda. The interactive color choices that you can show on the Fit and the specs and details that are listed, all looking like something the factory would put together for the dealers to use.

Nothing against this dealership in Bishop but their own dealer website shows a total of only 23 new Hondas, of all models, in stock as of May 25, 2014.... They are not a large or even medium sized dealer, so likely do not have the resources to be putting a lot of effort into their website by creating their own flashy looking pages. They probably use website material that Honda makes available to dealerships. This dealership serves a small population that is spread over hundreds of miles, plus the travelers on hwy. 395. A beautiful part of the country.

Seeing this presentation on a Dealer's website makes me believe that the actual 2015 Fit release is getting closer. That is something that a couple of folks out there have been waiting for.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:36 PM
I think that most small dealers buy their websites from a third party, as many of their sites look nearly identical. Bishop is a nice little town, but I doubt that they would offer a good deal on a new car.