3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Video: Engine Sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Video: Engine Sound

Hey guys!! I made a video for those who might be interested in what the engine sounds like while idling.

I'm not going into depth with anything here because there are plenty of reviews out there already, but I do LOVE the car!! I also like making videos so if there's anything in particular you want to see let me know!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GP9yWZQLrY

It can be a bit noisy when idling but honestly with the hood down it is just like any other car.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:19 AM
Nicely done! Thanks for providing live coverage of the Fit looks and sound.

But you know now you will be inundated with requests for videos of every facet of the Fit (ask me how I know... )

Enjoy your new car. It is a blast to own!

Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 AM
Very cool..thanks..

Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
Haha! Like a video of the new car smell? :P

Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Keep those videos coming!!!

How good is that A/C in the Texas 100 deg. weather???

Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Great job Emi!

Old 06-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Whoa, I like the two-tone steering wheel wrap! Very nice!

Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 AM
That is really interesting, with the hood up the engine is significantly louder than my VW diesel TDI at idle which is just completely backwards from what you would expect.

Maybe VW is just worried more about people hearing engine noise on the diesel as a barrier to adoption while Honda (correctly) figures people won't be as judgmental on a GDI system? Someone claimed that the TDI has extra thermal insulation because it warms up slow so maybe that is it too.

Can you comment on how well the CVT does on our wonderful 75-80mph back roads in Texas, and how the road noise is with the chip-seal pavement everywhere?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shifty Pony
Can you comment on how well the CVT does on our wonderful 75-80mph back roads in Texas, and how the road noise is with the chip-seal pavement everywhere?
Accelerates really nicely and smooth, no problem handling the high speeds and hovers around 2,500rpm. I test drove a Chevy Sonic and it did not do too good on the freeway, this is 100x better than that.

The sound is a bit loud but not as loud as my 2007! So there are noticeable improvements there. Some roads would be so loud I would have to turn the music up SUPER LOUD to even attempt to drown it out. In the 2015 it is still there, but not as terrible and doesn't drill into your ears as much, but its definitely more than other cars I test drove.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Thanks! It stinks about the top gear on the manual would just bee too much of a change for me to get over (4k RPM @80mph vs 2.2k in the TDI, and that's not even speeding in most of this state!) when I'm already going to have to learn how to drive again with 120ft/lbs less torque.

You need to update your signature btw

Old 06-13-2014, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
I would be interested in how the A/C works. I live in Phoenix, and it gets really hot in summer (altho drier than you folks in Corpus). I have a 13 Fit and notice that when the A/C is on, it goes thru a cycle where hot air blows out for awhile and then cold again. I guess this is normal, from what I've read on the forums here. Does your car do that? It helps in my car if I keep it on "recirculate".

Thanks for the video. So nice to have a new car!

Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit's AC in my 2012 works hard on super hot days. At stop lights and such, it can be tough because that when the ac is being least effective. I can't imagine using eco mode in the 2015 in hot climates. I think eco mode makes the ac even less effective, no?

Old 06-13-2014, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds even noisier than my GD3. It seems that the improvement is in sound deadening rather than actual engine noise. Also, hopefully a 51r Civic battery will fit in that cramped space for those that live in cold climates.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by siguy
I would be interested in how the A/C works. I live in Phoenix, and it gets really hot in summer (altho drier than you folks in Corpus). I have a 13 Fit and notice that when the A/C is on, it goes thru a cycle where hot air blows out for awhile and then cold again. I guess this is normal, from what I've read on the forums here. Does your car do that? It helps in my car if I keep it on "recirculate".

Thanks for the video. So nice to have a new car!
It does not get as cold as fast as my 2007, but ONLY because the stock coolant I believe. I don't know much about "How cars work" but my dad supercharged my A/C Coolant with the good stuff in my 2007 and it can get as cold as an icebox, around 50F in the summer time!! But my new one cannot get that cold. So its possible all you need to do is have someone drain/recharge your coolant with the expensive stuff.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Emirii
It does not get as cold as fast as my 2007, but ONLY because the stock coolant I believe. I don't know much about "How cars work" but my dad supercharged my A/C Coolant with the good stuff in my 2007 and it can get as cold as an icebox, around 50F in the summer time!! But my new one cannot get that cold. So its possible all you need to do is have someone drain/recharge your coolant with the expensive stuff.
I believe your are talking about refrigerant, which is what the AC runs on, not coolant, which is the liquid that cools the engine through the radiator. Perhaps your Dad simply topped off the refrigerant rather than a complete drain and refill? Please ask him if you can I'm curious.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Late post/reply but thanks for your video. I had no idea the engine sounded like that.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Hey guys!! I made a video for those who might be interested in what the engine sounds like while idling.

I'm not going into depth with anything here because there are plenty of reviews out there already, but I do LOVE the car!! I also like making videos so if there's anything in particular you want to see let me know!!

2015 Honda Fit Engine Idle - YouTube

It can be a bit noisy when idling but honestly with the hood down it is just like any other car.
I watched this video prior to buying my car a couple weeks back.

I think I've watched every substantive 2015 Honda Fit video out there, some more than once.

Thanks

Old 07-01-2014, 03:30 AM
In the 2015 it is still there, but not as terrible and doesn't drill into your ears as much, but its definitely more than other cars I test drove.
Are you referring to wind noise, because on my 15 fit there is wind noise a little. Also, when I'm stop at a light idling, I'm noticing that ticking/rattling in your video can be heard from inside the car, but just a little. Are you experiencing this too?

Last edited by MyFit15; 07-01-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks for posting this, my engine also makes that rattling noise and I was worried something was wrong with it. My other car doesn't make a noise like this but it;s also much larger. Thanks for confirming this noise is normal.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:43 PM
wow thanks for posting this video I just got my car and after a few days noticed the rattling sound and thought something was wrong, but it sounds exactly like it does in your video.

I wonder if there's anything loose in there that we could fix or mod to reduce the rattling sound.

Quick Reply: Video: Engine Sound