3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So where are the White 2015's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
I waited for about 6 months of relaxed visits to the dealerships until I ran into the second GE8 in Taffeta White which I bought the next day securing a 1000$ discount because I challenged the dealer to sell me the car for the same amount I paid for the previous one which also enjoyed up to 800 below MSRP.
White is the safest, coolest (temperature-wise), easiest to resell and to keep clean. Oh, and it's the purest color as well!
To me, grey cars are associated with grey people (e.g. mediocre, like mice... with nothing to stand out on the grey asphalt). Boooring.

Black= stupid, pretentious, stupid, usnafe, hottest, dirtiest and again, stupid color.
Blue = pleasant but invisible on the road in the evening or morning hours, hence, dangerous. Statistically they are involved in a lot more crashes than white colored cars.

RED= hot, like a sports car (Ferrari) but tends to fade in the sunny climates much quicker than other colors (white is the best for sunniest climates). Red is also nearly invisible at night. Also red hides the red tail lights (no contrast).
Polished metal color (dark grey)= ughhhh feels like it needs a wash, but I realize it can't be washed. Will have to stay dirty and grey its entire life. Also invisible on the asphalt. The trucker who runs one of these over will have a valid excuse that he "didn't see the camouflaged" grey car on grey asphalt.

Yellow= should be fun, if it's bright yellow. Will fade in the sun over time, but if it's a neutral yellow like the Yaris used to have, it won't be noticeable. If it's a toxic yellow/lime, those things will become dirty yellow/pinkish after some years in the Southwestern US if left under the sun.

This is why I go for WHITE.

No offense to those who like other colors. This is just my subjective opinion </haters>

Last edited by john21031; 06-19-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
I waited for about 6 months of relaxed visits to the dealerships until I ran into the second GE8 in Taffeta White which I bought the next day securing a 1000$ discount because I challenged the dealer to sell me the car for the same amount I paid for the previous one which also enjoyed up to 800 below MSRP.
White is the safest, coolest (temperature-wise), easiest to resell and to keep clean. Oh, and it's the purest color as well!
^^^ this ^^^

Old 06-19-2014, 01:28 AM
The color OTHER....

Originally Posted by TCroly
The yellow car I found on cars.com is listed under colors "other" and this is a nice thing to know. Because the colors all have these exotic names like Aegean blue, mystic yellow, Milano red, etc. they sometimes get miscategorized on cars.com because the automatic system doesn't know what color Mystic is. It has categorized several crystal black cars as white since I guess it though crystal was white and the same thing for some alabaster silver that were categorized as white. So check the category of other for the color you are looking for.

TCroly ......Thank you for the explanation.... I had not looked far in the Other section. Having done that just now... all 315 listed cars.. I only found one yellow but your point is made. Also found dozens of Red, Black, Grey, Passion Berry Purple, etc.... Even several Raspberry Blue, which is not a current color..

The good folks at CARS must pay the Honda dealers to put the dealers' information on the CARS website. A dealer in their right mind wouldn't pay CARS to have the dealer's own information on the site and then have it be so incorrect........ (tongue firmly planted in cheek).. GI-GO......garbage in-garbage out..

Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 AM
I have owned two white cars and I was set on a white 2015 Fit, but the new white color for 2015 is White Orchid Pearl and not The solid Taffetta White. I don't like the look it and would rather have a the solid white color.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cckid
TCroly ......Thank you for the explanation.... I had not looked far in the Other section. Having done that just now... all 315 listed cars.. I only found one yellow but your point is made. Also found dozens of Red, Black, Grey, Passion Berry Purple, etc.... Even several Raspberry Blue, which is not a current color..

The good folks at CARS must pay the Honda dealers to put the dealers' information on the CARS website. A dealer in their right mind wouldn't pay CARS to have the dealer's own information on the site and then have it be so incorrect........ (tongue firmly planted in cheek).. GI-GO......garbage in-garbage out..
Yes, car.com is a good site for sampling the inventories, but it is full of individual inaccuracies. Like you said, garbage in garbage out. But I have seen that some dealers are very diligent about accurate online inventories and others are not. And every car listed on cars,com with a VIN is indeed a real car, even if all the details might not be correct.

However, Car.com inventories should NEVER be considered perfect and no one should ever expect that, just because a car is listed there, that that specific car is actually sitting on a dealers lot waiting to be bought. It may have already been pre-sold, it may have yet to arrive at the dealer, it may have arrived, been been sold and has just not been removed from the listings yet.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Yes, car.com is a good site for sampling the inventories, but it is full of individual inaccuracies. Like you said, garbage in garbage out. But I have seen that some dealers are very diligent about accurate online inventories and others are not. And every car listed on cars,com with a VIN is indeed a real car, even if all the details might not be correct.

However, Car.com inventories should NEVER be considered perfect and no one should ever expect that, just because a car is listed there, that that specific car is actually sitting on a dealers lot waiting to be bought. It may have already been pre-sold, it may have yet to arrive at the dealer, it may have arrived, been been sold and has just not been removed from the listings yet.
Gotta say, you have your finger on the pulse of this whole situation TC. Lots of people look forward to your input. I sure did and do. In reference to dealers removing cars from the list, it took them 5 days from when I bought my Fit to the time it was off the list. I assume this is dealer specific? Or is the system automatically updated from the entry of the sale into the database? I bought on the 12th and on the morning of the 17th it was unlisted.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Do you have more information about Celaya production ?

Full production of 2015 Fits began on February 21. etc.
to TCroly: You seem well informed about Honda's production in Celaya. Would you know if they have started manufacturing the HR-V? Is there a place where we can follow their progress? Thanks.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
This is why I go for WHITE.

No offense to those who like other colors. This is just my subjective opinion </haters>
OMG!!! I have off for 1.5 weeks now and was planning on purchasing a Fit either today or tomorrow. You just RUINED my chance of getting one. I HAVE to have white. This sucks! The waiting.... Gut wrenching to see the color I love.

Ugghhh!

Old 06-23-2014, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EricMartin
to TCroly: You seem well informed about Honda's production in Celaya. Would you know if they have started manufacturing the HR-V? Is there a place where we can follow their progress? Thanks.
I don't have any magic inside line, I just have google alerts set up for words like Honda Fit, Honda HR-V and such. That way you get email alerts when there is any news published on the internet. Official Honda press releases are the best source. But some others can also be trusted.

Right now, I do not expect that any HR-V production has started and based on the press releases that state 4th quarter or winter for an on sale release date, I would not expect HR-V production to ramp up until at least late September or October.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by theindiearmy
They are probably making them in order of popularity/desirability.
In that case the lots should be lousy with white Fits!

I'm another person who wishes that they had stuck with Taffeta White rather than the more beige-y color they are now pushing.

Oh, and I emailed the only nearby dealer who had a white LX in their inventory. The reply was:

Thank you for your interest in the 2015 HONDA FIT.

As for your request, the following is your special internet price. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me.

HONDA FIT 2015 INTERNET SPECIAL PRICE:

LX MODEL - $17,115* - has not arrived at our dealership yet.

Which day works out best for you, Today or Tomorrow?

This way we can have the vehicle of your choice for you to see and test drive.
If the "vehicle of my choice" hasn't arrived at the dealership, how can they have it for me to "see and test drive?"

Last edited by GeorgeL; 06-24-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Sampling the White Color for 2015 Fit

If you want to not wait for your dealer, but still sample the color, take a look at some of the other model new Hondas at the dealers.

The color you are looking for is White Orchid Pearl...... It is used on some of the 2014 models that you will probably be able to check out, like the Accord.... Just don't fall in love with the other model instead of the Fit.. Be aware that not all 2014 Hondas that are white are this color. Honda is still using the Taffeta White on many cars..

You need to look at the factory window price sticker (the Monroney label) which will tell you the name of the color, spelled out and not as a paint code number.

Look at the very top of the label, just to the left of center. It tells you the model name, exterior color and interior color.

Take a good look at the White Orchid Pearl color, stand back, close your eyes, click your heels together three times... sorry.. wrong dream...

Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Waiting for 2015 Fits in more colors.

Originally Posted by GeorgeL
In that case the lots should be lousy with white Fits!

I'm another person who wishes that they had stuck with Taffeta White rather than the more beige-y color they are now pushing.

Oh, and I emailed the only nearby dealer who had a white LX in their inventory. The reply was:

If the "vehicle of my choice" hasn't arrived at the dealership, how can they have it for me to "see and test drive?"

It indeed is interesting that Honda has not chosen to produce more White Fits early on.... Did the color white not sell well on previous generation Fits?.... Perhaps Honda is not a PPG paint customer, so Honda's sales results would not be included in PPG's tabulations.

We will be waiting to see the Yellow 2015 Fits in the flesh before deciding. I expect that means we will also get to see the White and Blue while waiting.

What I would like to see is the 2015 Fit in Honda's beige that was a very common color for Honda in the 80's. Provides a cooler cabin, like white does... and doesn't show dirt and dust like darker colors. Perhaps the new Yellow will have some of the same characteristics.

Does anyone know of a online color sampling site, where you can have it put any color out there on whatever make and model you select? Similar to some tire stores that sell wheels and have a in-store computer kiosk where you select your vehicle make and model, then it will substitute the wheels you want to check out.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:17 PM
I posted this on another color thread, but for those who are not sure what kinda white it is, here's a close-up picture I found from a Accord with the same color...

2015 White Orchid Pearl

Old 06-24-2014, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know of a online color sampling site, where you can have it put any color out there on whatever make and model you select? Similar to some tire stores that sell wheels and have a in-store computer kiosk where you select your vehicle make and model, then it will substitute the wheels you want to check out.

Build and Price a Honda - Official Honda Web Site

If the link doesn't work, just go to www.automobiles.honda.com, and "build your own". You select the model and trim level, and then the color. Not as good as actual photos, but it does provide an idea of what the different colors look like.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM
More than the colors Honda offers

Originally Posted by chazmr
Build and Price a Honda - Official Honda Web Site

If the link doesn't work, just go to www.automobiles.honda.com, and "build your own". You select the model and trim level, and then the color. Not as good as actual photos, but it does provide an idea of what the different colors look like.

Yes, I had already looked at the Honda website and checked out the colors they offer...

What I am wondering is if there is a site on the web that lets you do the same sort of thing, but using any colors out there. Not just the colors that Honda is currently offering, but more colors that you might like to try on a vehicle. Even if the car year and model wasn't exactly right. A 2015 Fit might have a 2013 Fit stand in for it as a virtual color model online, to see what it would look like in green, beige, gold, bronze or ???.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I had already looked at the Honda website and checked out the colors they offer...

What I am wondering is if there is a site on the web that lets you do the same sort of thing, but using any colors out there. Not just the colors that Honda is currently offering, but more colors that you might like to try on a vehicle. Even if the car year and model wasn't exactly right. A 2015 Fit might have a 2013 Fit stand in for it as a virtual color model online, to see what it would look like in green, beige, gold, bronze or ???.
Hmm. I haven't seen anything like that, but it would be interesting to play with. If you find it be sure and let us know!

Old 06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Edmunds has a few Fits of the rarer colors in my ares (white, blue, purple, yellow). I prefer Edmunds over Cars.com to search for colors, then go to the dealer's website to check inventory. I would suggest calling the dealer beforehand to see if a particular car is on the lot, but I've also heard stories about some lying just to get you there in person. So take everything with a grain of salt until you see it with your own eyes.

On a side note, if the Mystic Yellow is the same color as the JDM Fit (it has a different name in Japan but might be the same yellow) I liked it a lot better in person than photos, so I'm anxious to see it in person here.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Picked up my white EX MT yesterday. Is there a minimum amount of posts required before you can post photos?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Jthos
Picked up my white EX MT yesterday. Is there a minimum amount of posts required before you can post photos?
I think it may be 20 posts to level up to full member, but not certain. Can't wait to see the WHITE in all her glory!! Congrats on your new Fit!

Old 06-28-2014, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yes. Would love to see some real photos of a white one!
Congratulations!

Quick Reply: So where are the White 2015's?