3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

EX and the LX

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:05 PM
EX and the LX

Hey guys,

Created an account to ask this question.

I've recently put down a deposit for a LX CVT about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.

I got an email from the dealer that they are having a 2 day sale on the EX CVT's for only 17,299. This translates to around ~$3 more a month for me.

Should I say F it and go for the EX model? I know everybody is complaining about the touch screen but is it really that bad that I should stick and wait for the LX?

Also a little concerned the car is on sale for that cheap, so I need your opinions fellas! Should I take the EX with the extra features or wait for the LX?

Would a dealer put the cars on sale if the quality was poorly made?

Old 06-23-2014, 07:19 PM
For $3 there would be no doibt in my mind. The touch screen I consider unimportant. You can change the volume, source or music selection from the wheel. I dont touch the screen unless it is for some setting and I do that when sitting still.

I wont comment on why a dealer would put a sale on, its hard to say what drives them. I am super happy with my EX and think so far quality is excellent!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ysocreus
Hey guys,

I've recently put down a deposit for a LX CVT about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.

I got an email from the dealer that they are having a 2 day sale on the EX CVT's for only 17,299. This translates to around ~$3 more a month for me.

Should I say F it and go for the EX model? I know everybody is complaining about the touch screen but is it really that bad that I should stick and wait for the LX?

Also a little concerned the car is on sale for that cheap, so I need your opinions fellas! Should I take the EX with the extra features or wait for the LX?

I would find it nearly impossible to believe that a dealer is offering to sell a 2015 Hond Fit EX CVT, with an MSRP of $19,025, for $17,299.

But if they are, I'll take 2!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Thats exactly what I thought as well. They are selling it for 17,299 and having graduated within the last two years, they are taking another 500 off.

It is gonna be exactly $3 more than the LX.

My only real concern is if there is somehow some defect on them.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
For $3 there would be no doibt in my mind. The touch screen I consider unimportant. You can change the volume, source or music selection from the wheel. I dont touch the screen unless it is for some setting and I do that when sitting still.

I wont comment on why a dealer would put a sale on, its hard to say what drives them. I am super happy with my EX and think so far quality is excellent!
Awesome to hear! Will go ahead and pick up my EX after work hope it doesnt crumble driving off the lot.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Hey guys,

Informed (???) Opinion:

Not being an owner yet, but having seen and sat in both models:

Is the reduced headroom in the EX (because of the moonroof) an issue for you?

Would you be bothered by having a moonroof, with possible leaks or mechanical problems in later years?

Are you comfortable with the keyless entry and ignition (push-button) switch of the EX, rather than the basic LX system?

Do they have a color in stock that you would take?

Aside from those things, it sounds like a good deal........ Really..!!

As to quality of build......... Would the dealer charge extra for them if they were poorly made? I am not saying that because they are offering a discount, that means the cars are poorly made... The dealers want to move product each month and the end of June is only 7 days away.. Whether the 2015 Fit is a brand new model or not, it is still product that they want to sell......

If the Honda Fits, wear it..

Good luck and please let the FF group know what you decide.

We are waiting for the LX Manual Transmission cars to be available in our area. Meanwhile we can check out the colors as cars come thru area dealers.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Awesome to hear! Will go ahead and pick up my EX after work hope it doesnt crumble driving off the lot.
Getting it from Honda SF? Hopefully it'll last a few months before crumbling apart Good luck!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 PM
I will let you guys know. On my way to the dealer.

Should I be concerned that the car has about 80ish miles on it already as well?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
.....concerned that the car has about 80ish miles........
IMO, no. But if they give you a choice, get the one with lower miles. Use it to your advantage. Tell them other dealers you talked with have cars with less miles and your willing to wait. See what they'll charge you and if they have ideas of adding those nonsense dealer add-on charges, be prepared to walk away and watch them run after you.
If ya get it, post pics!!!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cckid
Would you be bothered by having a moonroof, with possible leaks or mechanical problems in later years?
With regards to this, Honda's moonroofs are built very well. I had one in my 87' Accord LXi and one in my 93 Civic EX. The Accord had 327,000 miles when I sold it and the Civic had 225,000 miles. Neither were ever kept in a garage and both dealt with Kentucky weather that sees temps anywhere from -10 to 100F. Neither moonroof ever had the slightest issue. The same was true with my wife's old 95 Civic EX with high miles. Just don't let your drunk friend stick his body out the moonroof and then sit on the roof right above the glass. Let's just say I'm glad that in Kentucky your insurance has to replace your cracked automotive glass for free.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah, and with regards to the EX vs LX, I would take the EX any day, even if it meant paying an extra $50 a month.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 PM
...Just don't let your drunk friend stick his body out the moonroof and then sit on the roof right above the glass. Let's just say I'm glad that in Kentucky your insurance has to replace your cracked automotive glass for free....
And people wonder why their insurance rates are high!

This isn't exactly something a smart person brags about.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Hey guys!

Just picked up a black EX cvt from the d

Shouldn't post to the forum while driving...

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Sorry about that post up there ^ my phone died while I was posting it.

Anyways,

just picked up a black EX CVT earlier. So initially, the email for the 2 day sale I got was listed as 17,299. (I was paying 17,115 for an LX). I went to the dealer and they said it was a bad typo. I was bummed, but the guy said he'll make me a deal for my troubles of driving there and waiting for an LX to arrive for so long. He sold my the EX for 17,700. Which was basically around ~$11 more per month compared to the LX.

Here are some pics!

Name:  2GQta1B.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  633.3 KB

Name:  Dn82hES.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  689.6 KB

Old 06-24-2014, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member

Anyways,

just picked up a black EX CVT earlier. So initially, the email for the 2 day sale I got was listed as 17,299. (I was paying 17,115 for an LX). I went to the dealer and they said it was a bad typo. I was bummed, but the guy said he'll make me a deal for my troubles of driving there and waiting for an LX to arrive for so long. He sold my the EX for 17,700. Which was basically around ~$11 more per month compared to the LX.....
$17,700 is still a GREAT deal. Wish I can get such a deal here in SoCal.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
CONGRATULATIONS!
$17,700 is still an insane price that the dealer actually lost money on, if that was the total price paid, but I suspect he made his money elsewhere on this deal.

Could you please post the details of your purchase? Including all fees and discounts, finance amount, interest rate and any extras you might have bought.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Wow. Much better deal than any to be found locally here. Of course it doesn't help that at the moment, between 3 local dealerships there are only 2 2015's on the lot.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Shes a beauty my friend! Enjoy her!

Old 06-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
....just picked up a black EX CVT...for 17,700..........
Sweet deal. That's irresistable!!! Great buy!!! The question is, what are you gonna do with the $1,325 you saved??? Very stealth looking in Black.

I think the one item we all should add is the OEM LED upper rear piping tail-lights. The wife is going to Japan this Sept. and am having her relatives order for her to bring back. JapanTragic did it for his GK5 RS so will attempt to figure out the install once it arrives.

The way my luck is going, the lights might even arrive before my LX finally does!!!

BTW, with regards to posting your complete deal, that's up to you, but I wouldn't. Its a personal decision. The key is your happy and that's what counts.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-24-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Anyways,

just picked up a black EX CVT earlier. So initially, the email for the 2 day sale I got was listed as 17,299. (I was paying 17,115 for an LX). I went to the dealer and they said it was a bad typo. I was bummed, but the guy said he'll make me a deal for my troubles of driving there and waiting for an LX to arrive for so long. He sold my the EX for 17,700. Which was basically around ~$11 more per month compared to the LX.

Here are some pics!

I've been stalking this forum ever since I got my first Fit in 2010, but this post just gave me a reason to finally join. Is there any chance you can forward me that e-mail from the dealership? I'm in San Carlos, so Serramonte is pretty close, and maybe I can use that typo as leverage. I just put down a $500 reserve on a car from a dealer a little closer to home, but if any dealer near(ish)by is getting the same car in eventually, I'd much rather negotiate up from $17,299 than pay MSRP.

Quick Reply: EX and the LX