3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 CVT LX Weight Loss

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
2015 CVT LX Weight Loss

I know there are tons of weight information on the site. I need to take personal account on where I'm trying to lose weight (or have) on an LX CVT. I'll keep adding things to this first post so I can keep myself organized. I don't own an LX CVT yet (7/10/14) but will when one shows up locally.

All parts weighed on my bathroom scale.

Stock Curb weight of LX CVT = 2544 lbs

Stock wheel and tire weighed 34lbs on bathroom scale.
Kosei T1 TS wheel and General tire weighed 25lbs on my bathroom scale. Total weight lost--> -9lbs a wheel, -36lbs total

Stock Battery (44B19L-S) (GR151R) --> 22.51 lbs
Ballistic evo2 8 cell battery --> 2.5 lbs (-20.01 lbs)

Stock cats and pipe weigh 16lbs.
J's Racing Cat Delete Pipe --> 5.2lbs -10.8lbs

Aftermarket Custom B-Pipe --> 18.2lbs
J's B-Pipe -->12.2 lbs -6lbs

Flo Pro Max Muffler and inlet pipe --> 12.2lbs
J's Racing 50R Muffler --> 7.6lbs -4.6lbs

Removal of Spare Tire --> -23lbs

Removal of Jack and plastic contraption it's stationed in --> -7lbs

Removal of driver's side rear seat --> -38.5lbs

Removal of passenger side rear seat --> -29.5lbs

Stock crank pulley --> 3.41lbs
Custom NST crank pulley --> 1.14lbs -2.27lbs

Stock Intake Cam --> 2.84lbs
Deltacam 272 Intake Cam --> 2.67lbs -0.17lbs

Stock Exhaust Cam --> 2.5lbs
Deltacam 272 Exhaust Cam --> 2.44lbs -0.06lbs

Total weight lost --> -177.91lbs

Bonus: Myxal Weight
9-16-14 --> 218.2lbs
10-31-14 --> 198.4 -19.8lbs

**Update 10/29/14**
Weighed car on ISO certified scale. Gas tank range says 34 miles left.
Weight is 2360lbs. AWESOME!! Better than I expected...

Edit: Adding this for personal reference.
"The US EPA states that for every 10 percent of static mass eliminated from a vehicle, fuel economy improves by seven percent. Hotrodders will tell you that cutting 100 pounds from the average car will increase its quarter-mile times by one tenth of a second. "
Import Tuner

"According to EPA estimates, a 14-percent savings in fuel efficiency can be seen per ten percent of rotational mass removed from a vehicle's driveline."
Import Tuner

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-06-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
??????????

Old 07-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi guys, saw you mentioning the shipping weight as stated on our website. Just to clarify this information is all provided by the manufacturer. In our experience it can vary between the items shipping weight and the actual product weight. So it isn't always spot on and should be used solely as a point of reference.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to find out for you!

Nate

Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondapartsnetwork
Hi guys, saw you mentioning the shipping weight as stated on our website. Just to clarify this information is all provided by the manufacturer. In our experience it can vary between the items shipping weight and the actual product weight. So it isn't always spot on and should be used solely as a point of reference.
Saying the floormats are 40 pounds.... Applying a touch of common sense, I think that's wildly off and what you are in-fact looking at is likely the dimensional weight (for instance, if you shipped a bean bag chair they are likely going to charge you as if its a 60 pound items because the amount of space it takes up as opposed to what it actually weights)

Old 07-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by bensenvill
Saying the floormats are 40 pounds.... Applying a touch of common sense, I think that's wildly off and what you are in-fact looking at is likely the dimensional weight (for instance, if you shipped a bean bag chair they are likely going to charge you as if its a 60 pound items because the amount of space it takes up as opposed to what it actually weights)
I looked up that specific item (took me a few to track down which item you were referring to) as the set is listed at 5.89lbs which appears way too low. The individual mats (2 front and 2 rear) have weights and dimensions listed even though Honda has not offered them for sale. My assumption is that Honda gave these items a default value (dimensions and weight of 10.77lbs each), Could be calculated off dimensional weight, hard to say as that value and formula can fluctuate between carriers.

Just wanted folks to have a heads up just in case the product they receive varies from the stated weights (and dimensions).

Old 07-11-2014, 04:08 PM
You do realize that a car has FOUR wheels and four tires, right?

Go pick up a floor mat. I'd be surprised if the set of four even adds up to 10 lb.

Wheels are the best place to look. Tires, too, but consider other factors than just weight. What are your goals for these tires? Ultimate grip? Crisp cornering? Smooth ride? MPG?

Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian
You do realize that a car has FOUR wheels and four tires, right?

Go pick up a floor mat. I'd be surprised if the set of four even adds up to 10 lb.

Wheels are the best place to look. Tires, too, but consider other factors than just weight. What are your goals for these tires? Ultimate grip? Crisp cornering? Smooth ride? MPG?
? I'm not sure what your first question is asking. The Elio is has three wheels.

The old school Reliant Robin has three wheels.

Is your question a way to try to take a dig at me with a smart remark?

This thread is about weight and weight only. Other factors are for other threads. For this thread, weight is priority followed by good all around performance. If you go to Tirerack and compare all the tires at the size, that is the best all around tire and it just happens to have the lightest weight of the bunch (or is even with others). So it is an excellent choice. Ultimate Grip, quietness, durability, price, cornering, wet/dry traction, snow/ice traction, you name it (The Ecopia should beat it for mpg since it has better rolling resistance). It kicks ass all around and is the best or 2nd best in just about all those categories

But…my main emphasis for this thread is lightness because I have had good success with reducing rotational mass weight from wheels in the past. I've always been happy with the outcome.

Unlike most people probably, I race my cars at the dragstrip. I bracket race as much as I can. Little improvements like this mean a lot to me. It's a hobby of mine and has been for years. So I'm probably more into it than a lot of people. I don't recommend anything that I'm doing to anyone. I just post up information and show the results. That's all!

As for the carpet weight, I didn't put any thought into it. All the info I have is what was provided. So I'm getting it out to everyone that is curious to know and I show where I get the info from. If the info changes, I'll be happy to change it as well and post up links. I'm an info junky! With this tiny car with its tiny horsepower, weight is EVERYTHING to me. I'm gonna try to make the most of it. That's not to say anything is wrong with the car. It's perfect for me as is. It's just what I do.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-12-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Your total is wrong because you only counted one wheel and one tire.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Have you also considered taking the rear seats out when you're doing runs?

Old 07-12-2014, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Have you also considered taking the rear seats out when you're doing runs?
Yes, if it is quick and straight-forward (Like the previous model Fits).

Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian
Your total is wrong because you only counted one wheel and one tire.
You are correct! Making adjustment. I'm still laughing about the floor mats.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Update

Updated with real world information. The weights are from weighing these items on my bathroom scale. Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-17-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
**Update 10/29/14**

Updated with real world weight of vehicle instead of guesstimate.
Picture proof!

2360lbs

Now I may as well look for ways to bring it down to 2300lbs. Perhaps losing weight with the front seats. Would be nice...

Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Black3sr
??????????

To answer your question "marks" - all of us Fit owners have varying reasons why we bought them.

The OP, from the onset, has clearly stated his objectives. Not only that, he went forward and accomplished what he set out to do.

No one is required to accept his methodology, but I for one, find it interesting and educational.

To prove my point, I've gone the opposite direction - adding on much more weight. At least another 200 lbs. as a result of sound-deadening, ICE related components, heavier wheels, etc..............
Have surely lost at least 2mpg, but that's me. Similarly, I had a plan in purchasing the Fit, and carried it out, just like the OP.

In the end, its what, individually, makes us happy campers in the Fit world we live in.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
To answer your question "marks" - all of us Fit owners have varying reasons why we bought them.

The OP, from the onset, has clearly stated his objectives. Not only that, he went forward and accomplished what he set out to do.

No one is required to accept his methodology, but I for one, find it interesting and educational.

To prove my point, I've gone the opposite direction - adding on much more weight. At least another 200 lbs. as a result of sound-deadening, ICE related components, heavier wheels, etc..............
Have surely lost at least 2mpg, but that's me. Similarly, I had a plan in purchasing the Fit, and carried it out, just like the OP.

In the end, its what, individually, makes us happy campers in the Fit world we live in.
Hey Rott! I'm sure your ride is 100X cooler than mine though. I'd park mine in the back and come up front to shake hands with you and drool over your whip. Yeah, been watching your build. Very nice! And thanks!

I started to answer back ?????? (Which = Why ask Why) but never bothered.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:06 AM
Well, you've got all those interior panels that can come out, the infotainment system, the heater core and air conditioning compressor, evaporator, condenser and plumbing, etc. Probably over a hundred pounds there.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
**12-10-14**

Updated with weight lost from addition of J's Racing Cat Delete and removal of stock cat converters.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
**Updated 5/25/15**

Added J's Racing B-Pipe
Added J's Racing 50R Muffler

Old 05-26-2015, 02:18 PM
If you deleted the cat, how do you stop it from throwing codes?

Old 05-26-2015, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
You can't!

It's a work in progress!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
GeorgeL,

Was going through some old threads and read this question again. I didn't answer your question properly. Removing the cats do not bring up at CEL (Check Engine Lights) surprisingly. It's the removal of the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculating) pipe that throws a code. The J's Racing delete pipe do not have a place for the EGR pipe to connect to so a code is thrown.

BTW: I know you probably know what CEL and EGR means but I usually show it for those that don't that may be reading this thread.

Quick Reply: 2015 CVT LX Weight Loss