3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

No Fit for me :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
No Fit for me :(

Well, I am a newbie on this forum, and the reason I came here was because something about the new style of the Honda Fit really caught my attention. Since it was time for me to get a new car I was really hyped up about it. Well, I have done so much research and going to the dealers but today I went on about a 2 hour test drive. I drove the whole outer belt, went on rural roads, ect....
What I found out is that I am not a "sub-compact" guy. There are several things that influenced my decision. I guess "my ego" is one, I did not feel right driving for some reason, I felt small and just couldn't get used to it. I can't really explain it but it really bothered me. Next, the short wheel base makes you feel every bump and pot hole. Next, I am not going to live without a nice plush center console arm rest, I know this has been discussed to death, but I can't take a 8 hour drive with no arm rest. All in all I guess this was not the car for me, I am taking delivery on friday of a brand new Honda Accord Sport in black.
I really felt good in the car and LOVED the look. This has been a really nice forum of people and I hope you all enjoy your new Fits for years to come, it has been a pleasure being on here, c-ya.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM
There are Fit people, and then there are Accord people.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy driveaccord.net

Old 07-16-2014, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
That's why different models exist. It's just good that you could take an extended test drive and figure it out BEFORE you purchased the car. I've got a friend who "settled" for something he thought he could adjust to in time. After about a month of complaining about it he finally just traded for what he wanted. He's happier, but he admits that he took a financial bath.

Accords are great cars, and you're still in the Honda family. Be sure and come back and share photos of your new Accord when you get it.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:05 PM
I second the driveaccord forum. Great group of people. I moved from there to here when I traded in the Accord for the Fit! Enjoy your new Accord Sport! It's a sweet ride, too!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
There are Fit people, and then there are Accord people.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy driveaccord.net

I humbly submit and then there are both Accord and FIT people! We love our Honda's!
14 Accord EXL…love it! - (trip car)
Name:  Image5_zps4c09be06.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  117.0 KB

15 FIT- love it! (commuter car)
Name:  Image_zps8bf173b1.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  103.8 KB

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-16-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Yes I agree, I would also own an Accord in a two car home.

If you could only have one, which one would you pick?

Old 07-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes I agree, I would also own an Accord in a two car home.

If you could only have one, which one would you pick?
That's easy...haha..Accord EXL all day long..wife is getting 36-38 mpg's..love the Accord!

I commute in the FIT, also a fun car!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by 15/SILVER/EXL
That's easy...
Then you are an Accord person.

Embrace it, there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Then you are an Accord person.

Embrace it, there is nothing wrong with that.
I enjoy both cars for what they are and yes I embrace the features of both! Naturally the FIT does not begin to compare to Accord entirely different handling performance and acceleration. The Accord EXL is a fine machine for the $$$.

Cheers!

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-16-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM
I chose the Fit over the Accord, because I cannot afford to have two cars, nor do I need two cars. The Accord is a great car, but Honda has changed the 9th gen to a point that it didn't feel like an Accord to me anymore. I don't miss it.

The Fit is just an all around fun little car, and it brings out the kid in me. I joke that this is my mid-life crisis car

Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by xStitchx
I chose the Fit over the Accord, because I cannot afford to have two cars, nor do I need two cars. The Accord is a great car, but Honda has changed the 9th gen to a point that it didn't feel like an Accord to me anymore. I don't miss it.

The Fit is just an all around fun little car, and it brings out the kid in me. I joke that this is my mid-life crisis car

Drive what you like, like what you drive ...I don't agree with your thoughts on the Accord, but hey everyone is different. This is our 4th Accord and it just keeps getting better! Love the V6 EXL and would buy again in a minute. Enjoy your FIT, I think it's the best subcompact car on the market.

Cheers!

Old 07-17-2014, 01:47 PM
I too am making the move from an Accord EX-L to a Fit... As a single person, the Accord was a nice smooth car. However, from a utility perspective it wasn't a good choice for me... A large car that I was not making the most of. That being said, I'd recommend the Accord all day long. In my EX-L, I'd say the car represented a strong value overall.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by quikser
I too am making the move from an Accord EX-L to a Fit... As a single person, the Accord was a nice smooth car. However, from a utility perspective it wasn't a good choice for me... A large car that I was not making the most of. That being said, I'd recommend the Accord all day long. In my EX-L, I'd say the car represented a strong value overall.
On a cross country trip the Accord wins hands down. Commuting the FIT keep the miles down on the Accord

Old 07-17-2014, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15/SILVER/EXL
On a cross country trip the Accord wins hands down. Commuting the FIT keep the miles down on the Accord
Unless you feel like stopping in a rest area and decide to sleep in the car.

Put the rear seats down, push the front all the way forward, even reclining the back of it forward, stuff something in the gap and you have a large/flat enough space to sleep. Put something to cushion on top of the floorboard and it can be comfortable too.

Well, at least for those 6' and under (I am 6'). At 6' you'll have to sleep diagonally in the area.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:26 AM
The day I test drove a 2015 Fit I sat in a 2014 Accord Sport in the show room. I recall that it didn't have a center arm rest or it wasn't useable.
I also sat in a 2014 Civic and it had a very nice sliding armrest.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
I've thought about an Accord, but my wife has a CR-V (her fourth), which meets our needs for a larger size car. We had an Accord Crosstour, which is sharp looking, but is like driving a massive blindspot, got terrible mileage, and has minimal utility for a wagon. Still, my wife hated to get rid of it.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by crutnacker
I've thought about an Accord, but my wife has a CR-V (her fourth), which meets our needs for a larger size car. We had an Accord Crosstour, which is sharp looking, but is like driving a massive blindspot, got terrible mileage, and has minimal utility for a wagon. Still, my wife hated to get rid of it.
Great visibility in the CRV! And I agree on the Crosstour, not a fan...always think of the hideous Pontiac Vibe when I see the rear end of a Crosstour..and your right the visibility is poor. I test drove one and just did not feel the love. I think I read where Honda is discontinuing the Crosstour. Sales were low and slow..and mpg's just are not there. Digging the new 15 FIT!

Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitnew
Well, I am a newbie on this forum, and the reason I came here was because something about the new style of the Honda Fit really caught my attention. Since it was time for me to get a new car I was really hyped up about it. Well, I have done so much research and going to the dealers but today I went on about a 2 hour test drive. I drove the whole outer belt, went on rural roads, ect....
What I found out is that I am not a "sub-compact" guy. There are several things that influenced my decision. I guess "my ego" is one, I did not feel right driving for some reason, I felt small and just couldn't get used to it. I can't really explain it but it really bothered me. Next, the short wheel base makes you feel every bump and pot hole. Next, I am not going to live without a nice plush center console arm rest, I know this has been discussed to death, but I can't take a 8 hour drive with no arm rest. All in all I guess this was not the car for me, I am taking delivery on friday of a brand new Honda Accord Sport in black.
I really felt good in the car and LOVED the look. This has been a really nice forum of people and I hope you all enjoy your new Fits for years to come, it has been a pleasure being on here, c-ya.
I'm not singling this guy out...but I will never understand those folks who feel they need a bigger car for anything, outside of 3+ kids or transporting HUGE things.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:48 AM
Congratz on the Accord!
On a side note, how do you get these extended test drive(2hr!) hook ups!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
You gotta get what flips your skirt. That Accord is one good-looking car. About a month ago I went to a car show that had just about every car. The one I went back to at least 5 times was the 2015 Fit. It wasn't the best-looking car, or the fastest, but it was everything I wanted. I can haul many things around without having the big bus feel. I love to maneuver and feel the road without too much feel. The Accord is a "better" car and better looking, but some of us just like the rawness of the Fit that does so much.

Quick Reply: No Fit for me :(