3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Do you regret your purchase?

Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
I know just about everyone says it, but I plan on keeping this car a LONG time. Just a pleasure to drive and love its practical functioning.

No, not one regret. It's even better than how I imagined it through the great reviews about it on the net, car reviews and Youtube.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
I don't regret the car, I regret not being knowledgeable about dealing with car salesmen.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
I love mine, and I'm still parking it far away from anyone else and hiking into stores!

Old 07-26-2014, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Raziaar
I don't regret the car, I regret not being knowledgeable about dealing with car salesmen.
I feel you, I was knowledgable and they still got me for about 500 extra. Smooth as heck. They distract you and BAM!! I got the warranty for a discount by saying that I had seen prices as low as 800 or 900 and so he went lower by 500, then made it right back with documentation and notary fees, etc. all in all I'm very happy though, first new car, first time buying a car. Only had it three days, though, so time will tell.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
No regrets!

I love my car! I have an hour drive to work - and look forward to ride to work! Of course, I am still fonder of the ride home from work!

My gas mileage is better than expected, it handles well, is loaded with features, and looks great.

My only complaint is the "safety" features of the audio display, which prevents somethings from operating while driving. It assumes that you are driving alone, and these features could not be used by a passenger. It also presumes to decide for you what safe behavior is, I do not like having those decisions of choice taken from me. Minor complaint, and my only one. Still love my car!

PS: I am a professional driver, and log over 100,000 miles a year, safely at work. Years ago when you saw a vehicle ahead of you weaving, odds were the driver was drunk or having some sort of medical problem. These days you see people weaving all the time, usually while texting, or surfing the net on their smart phone, behaviors I am against, so I understand why Honda did it - but still would be nice to have my girlfriend be able to use as a passenger.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Here is my best advice for buying a new car. Say no and walk away if you are not happy with a deal, no matter how badly you want the car. You, as the customer, always have the upper hand.

When I bought my Fit, the finance guy spent an hour trying to sell me on extended crap. I kept saying no. He kept delaying, saying he was having computer and printer problems. I even asked to move on multiple times. He would not. I just kept saying no, and started playing with my phone while he kept working the numbers and presenting me with new deals.

At one point, he offered to give me a certain level of coverage for free (tire and rim) and I still declined it, because it wasn't really free. He acted all shocked when I declined the free coverage until I explained that I got the shell game and that the cost was moved to another line item.

Once he finally got that I wasn't about to spend one more penny, his computer and printer miraculously started working again.

No is the most powerful word you can use when shopping for a car.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
I also overpaid by about $500.

The more I read these threads I had no idea about how standard some of these tricks are. Indeed, my finance person's computer went down in the middle too, and, when the papers were re-done needed to be corrected again because the numbers weren't right. That and the shell game of moving money from line A when refused to lines B & C to hide it.

I have only myself to blame. I made it far too clear that I wanted and needed a car right away, and that I wanted this one in particular. I had a deposit on this one well in advance and didn't play it cool. I had no car of my own since we were moving from NYC, so rental fees would have added up quickly.

After 35 years of not owning a car, I don't feel too bad about it. It's my retirement present to myself. But I do feel schooled, and I do love the car.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by exl500

... and I do love the car.
This is all that matters at this point! Can't beat yourself up over it, because you did what you needed to do at the time, and you are happy now!

My experience was annoying as all heck, but I do not regret anything. I love this little car enough that it overshadows the crap experience at that particular dealership.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:49 PM
I am lucky that I have bought from 2 good dealers for the 2 cars we have purchased. One tip if you live in an urban area like we do.. all the dealers in town have been awful to deal with. The ones we bought from were 1-1 1/2 hours out of town. First purchase from a Toyota dealer the finance guy offered the add-ons but was not pushy, a no and he moved on. No numbers snuck in. Recent Fit purchase at Honda dealer he didn't even offer us any add-ons at all, had all the pricing pre- printed!

Also helps to deal with internet sales person and agree to pricing before you ever go to the lot, never been screwed around with when working with internet sales people. Regular sales people on the floor have lied, bullied, played mind games, snuck costs in, etc. I will never work with them again. Internet Sales person ONLY for me. They are more casual, nicer, will email with me, and provide me pricing offer IN WRITING (email) before I ever step foot on the lot. Pretty sweet!

Old 07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Amy, I agree that the pricing in writing in advance is key. I never once brought it up with my Internet sales guy, and he certainly didn't either. The only thing I made clear is I knew the MSRP and expected to pay around that.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I feel the same. I think I got dupe into getting the GAP insurance and extended financing.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nekokoneko
I feel the same. I think I got dupe into getting the GAP insurance and extended financing.
Go to the dealer and request a form to cancel the GAP and extended financing. You can do that.

Know though that it won't change the monthly amount you owe, only the total amount financed.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Go to the dealer and request a form to cancel the GAP and extended financing. You can do that.

Know though that it won't change the monthly amount you owe, only the total amount financed.
Is it possible? It has already been a month.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Is it possible? It has already been a month.
Call the dealership and see. Might haveo nly beeen for the first month, I dunno.

They might be able to give you a prorated refund. Wouldnt hurt to ask and see. Or demand it.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Call the dealership and see. Might haveo nly beeen for the first month, I dunno.

They might be able to give you a prorated refund. Wouldnt hurt to ask and see. Or demand it.
Alright thanks, I'll call first thing in the morning.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:17 PM
NEVER buy any ad on from a salesman. NEVER

Old 07-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by robot
I know just about everyone says it, but I plan on keeping this car a LONG time. Just a pleasure to drive and love its practical functioning.

No, not one regret. It's even better than how I imagined it through the great reviews about it on the net, car reviews and Youtube.
I will keep mine till the wheels fall off

Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Not a single regret so far.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:23 AM
no regrets here either....oh wait, this is the fit forum

congratulations to all the owners of the new fits though, definitely a good looking car in person.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Zero regrets. This car is fun to drive. It's comfortable, versatile and gets great mileage. I shopped all the new Fit's competitors including the 2013 Fit. None of them have all the pluses this car does. Seems like most of the people criticizing the new Fit are previous Gen owners(jealous?)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you regret your purchase?