3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Installed Hid's, Tint, Interior Led light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Installed Hid's, Tint, Interior Led light bulbs

After seeing everyone post up pictures of their brand new fits with their mods and how they all turned out, I wanted to join in.

So in case your Wondering, these are the places where I got everything at.

1. Hid's= DDMTuning.com $54 for plug and play kits. 2 light bulbs, 2 ballast, and a wiring harness. It's the 35w kit with 5k light bulbs. Pearl white lights. This place is based out of Southern California with stores in San Diego, Vista, and Orange County. Make sure you call to get the right parts.

2. Tint= I negotiated the Tint when I purchased the vehicle so it was included. I got limo tint (5%) for the back windows and 35% for the front windows. They did not do the front windshield strip and moonroof however...oh well.

3. I purchased the interior Led light bulbs from amazon.com

Amazon.com: Jtech 4x 31mm (1.25") 12-SMD LED Bulb Festoon White Light. DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175: Automotive Amazon.com: Jtech 4x 31mm (1.25") 12-SMD LED Bulb Festoon White Light. DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175: Automotive
^$3.49

Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive
^$5.49

It was roughly $13 shipped so its not a bad deal at all. If you go to autozone, these lightbulbs are roughly $13 a piece...

I'm trying to upload photos from my computer onto the website but not having any luck, its asking for a url from a website. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post up pics

^Brand new stock

^Stock with Tint

^Hid's installed

^view from the inside. It's a WHOLE lot brighter once you start driving on the road. It range of the hid's is about 25% farther compared to stock.

Last edited by TheChosenOne; 07-31-2014 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 07-31-2014, 01:30 AM
Good

Lookin Good! I got the same Jtech bulbs on amazon too. I had one faulty out of the 10-pack but for the price I didn't really mind. Where are you using the Festoon bulbs? My Dome/Cargo/Map/License Plate are all wedge-style.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by ADVphotography
Lookin Good! I got the same Jtech bulbs on amazon too. I had one faulty out of the 10-pack but for the price I didn't really mind. Where are you using the Festoon bulbs? My Dome/Cargo/Map/License Plate are all wedge-style.
LOL I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I was looking at the 2013 honda fit light bulbs and the DE3175 popped right up so I figured it would fit on the 2015's. I"ll find a good home for it eventually.

Anyways, What bulb size is the light right above the cup holders? on the 2013 model it was a T5 or 74 led.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Pictures don't work and would like to see how this looks. Seeing this in person would be nice too as I will be upgrading the lights.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
I would also love to see these pics. I need to upgrade the headlights to match my awesome LED fogs.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
For your pictures to show, you'll need to upload them to a picture storage service such as Photobucket or Imgur and link them here.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:23 AM
okay gotcha. I will do that tomorrow and upload the pics for everyone here. As you can see, i'm not very tech savvy.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
After seeing everyone post up pictures of their brand new fits with their mods and how they all turned out, I wanted to join in.

1. Hid's= DDMTuning.com $54 for plug and play kits. 2 light bulbs, 2 ballast, and a wiring harness. It's the 35w kit with 5k light bulbs. Pearl white lights. This place is based out of Southern California with stores in San Diego, Vista, and Orange County. Make sure you call to get the right parts.

2. Tint= I negotiated the Tint when I purchased the vehicle so it was included. I got limo tint (5%) for the back windows and 35% for the front windows. They did not do the front windshield strip and moonroof however...oh well.

Amazon.com: Jtech 4x 31mm (1.25") 12-SMD LED Bulb Festoon White Light. DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175: Automotive
^$3.49

Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive
^$5.49

It was roughly $13 shipped so its not a bad deal at all. If you go to autozone, these lightbulbs are roughly $13 a piece...

I'm trying to upload photos from my computer onto the website but not having any luck, its asking for a url from a website. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post up pics

^Brand new stock

^Stock with Tint

^Hid's installed

^view from the inside. It's a WHOLE lot brighter once you start driving on the road. It range of the hid's is about 25% farther compared to stock.
How do you like the HIDs? I had them on two previous cars, and they were great. I would recommend getting a couple of extra bulbs, since having them go bad isn't out of the question. The police like to see them replaced right away. I also had a ballast go bad, and that took a while to replace. During an annual inspection, one side would nit light, and the station had to switch it back to regular lights.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member

Amazon.com: Jtech 4x 31mm (1.25") 12-SMD LED Bulb Festoon White Light. DE3175 DE3021 DE3022 3175: Automotive
^$3.49

Amazon.com: Jtech 10x 194 168 2825 T10 5-SMD White LED Car Lights Bulb: Automotive
^$5.49

It was roughly $13 shipped so its not a bad deal at all. If you go to autozone, these lightbulbs are roughly $13 a piece....
Are they hi-lo beams? Some are just a single beam. The bulbs I had used a magnet to flip an internal piece to shine the beam up or down.

In NY, we cannot tint the front windows. People often do it, but that's a violation - and very easy to spot.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:29 AM
So far the Hid's are freaking awesome. Best $53 bucks spent and YES they are hi-low beams. I'm on military base 5 days out of the 7 and the cops on base have other things to care about. When I'm out in town, I roll my windows down just in case...and it is illegal to tint the front windows here in california but the dealership installed my tint for no extra charge in my contract, so I took it.

I will post up the pictures as soon as I put them on photobucket. sorry for the lag. lol

Old 08-07-2014, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
okay gotcha. I will do that tomorrow and upload the pics for everyone here. As you can see, i'm not very tech savvy.
Thanks for the info on those LEDs. I put the interior bulbs in yesterday. It was a challenge to get some of them to work. With a pack of ten, I just kept trying different ones.

What is this bulb for? The trunk area? Kinda pricey.

Amazon.com: LEDwholesalers T10 Base 10 SMD 5050 LED White Side Pin10-30V DC Bulb, 1438WH: Automotive Amazon.com: LEDwholesalers T10 Base 10 SMD 5050 LED White Side Pin10-30V DC Bulb, 1438WH: Automotive

Last edited by SilverEX15; 08-07-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Which bulbs and which kit are needed for HID?

Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 PM
I replaced mine today with the afore mentioned bulbs (Referencing Interior bulbs). I much prefer the bright white over the yellow light of the stock bulbs

Last edited by tmfit; 08-08-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:20 AM
I got to see these hids in person tonight & I must say everyone that is even questioning there oem headlight bulbs this would be the best $55 you can spend. Nice bright white light but not blinding enough to bother other drivers. This will be a must have for me.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
I got to see these hids in person tonight & I must say everyone that is even questioning there oem headlight bulbs this would be the best $55 you can spend. Nice bright white light but not blinding enough to bother other drivers. This will be a must have for me.
I had them in two previous cars, but I'm holding off on the Fits. Installation was a nuisance, and failure of one side or another was also a problem. I didn't know if it was the bulb or the ballast. I had to replace both bulb and ballast at different times, and that means keeping extras on hand - just in case.

Another thing. The wiring in the kit was the reverse of the car's wiring, so the high beam indicator light was lit when low beams were on. I could have cut and switched the wires, but I never bothered.

Legality is another issue, as is the standard reflectors and headlight lenses used with the HID bulbs.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
How are you sure you are not bothering other drivers? Bear in mind that some of the drivers who you may be bothering the most may be those who are going the same direction ahead of you, and who thus cannot flash their lights at you. Also bear in mind that not everybody will flash their lights even if you're blinding them, either because they realize that you can't do much about it immediately (i.e. that you don't have the high beams on, just low beams that are maladjusted), or because there isn't sufficient time, or because they are too busy trying not to crash to do much else, or even because they're generally meek and pacific people.

I'm not saying you are necessarily blinding others—but I do know that these bulb replacement retrofit kits typically have quite poor performance (in terms of light pattern and evenness), and that have been on the receiving end of very dazzling headlights more than once from vehicles that I suspect were improperly "upgraded."

Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrewE
How are you sure you are not bothering other drivers? Bear in mind that some of the drivers who you may be bothering the most may be those who are going the same direction ahead of you, and who thus cannot flash their lights at you. Also bear in mind that not everybody will flash their lights even if you're blinding them, either because they realize that you can't do much about it immediately (i.e. that you don't have the high beams on, just low beams that are maladjusted), or because there isn't sufficient time, or because they are too busy trying not to crash to do much else, or even because they're generally meek and pacific people.

I'm not saying you are necessarily blinding others—but I do know that these bulb replacement retrofit kits typically have quite poor performance (in terms of light pattern and evenness), and that have been on the receiving end of very dazzling headlights more than once from vehicles that I suspect were improperly "upgraded."
Good point. These lights are very bright, and if they aren't adjusted properly, they can be murder for the oncoming drivers. It's not the brightness that's a problem. It's bad adjustment. Even so, some people flashed their lights at me, even though they were on low beams, and were properly adjusted. Some people don't like the brightness, but that's good for safety.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
I know the headlamps are H4 bulbs. Are the fogs H8?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
I know the headlamps are H4 bulbs. Are the fogs H8?
Yep, fogs are H8

So for the HID headlights we need the H4 hi/low, 35w, 5k kit? And the ballast mounting brackets?

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the right kit.

Last edited by andre181; 08-12-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andre181
Yep, fogs are H8

So for the HID headlights we need the H4 hi/low, 35w, 5k kit? And the ballast mounting brackets?

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the right kit.
thanks for confirming

yes, that is good for the headlamps. 5k is a bit too blue for my taste, but that's my opinion. you don't need the mounting brackets. it's just a silver u-shape universal bracket if you want to drill into your chassis to mount the ballasts. I wouldn't recommend it

Quick Reply: Installed Hid's, Tint, Interior Led light bulbs