3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Installed Hid's, Tint, Interior Led light bulbs

  #21  
Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 415
Originally Posted by TofuShop View Post
thanks for confirming

yes, that is good for the headlamps. 5k is a bit too blue for my taste, but that's my opinion. you don't need the mounting brackets. it's just a silver u-shape universal bracket if you want to drill into your chassis to mount the ballasts. I wouldn't recommend it
Great, thanks Tofu!
 
  #22  
Old 08-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 2,239
Originally Posted by TofuShop View Post
thanks for confirming

yes, that is good for the headlamps. 5k is a bit too blue for my taste, but that's my opinion. you don't need the mounting brackets. it's just a silver u-shape universal bracket if you want to drill into your chassis to mount the ballasts. I wouldn't recommend it
The bluer the light, the less illumination they actually provide. I've used 4500 on a couple of cars.

I'd never drill into a car body - except for plastic parts. Velcro and/or cable ties work fine.
 
  #23  
Old 08-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 340
For these HIDs and also those LED headlight bulbs, do you guys still leave on the rubber grommet or do you leave it off completely for proper fitment of the bulbs?
 
  #24  
Old 08-17-2014, 10:56 AM
cheesewhiz's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
I'm trying to upload photos from my computer onto the website but not having any luck, its asking for a url from a website. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post up pics
You can actually upload your pics directly to the fitfreak site using your User Control Panel (UserCP "button" on the grey bar just above the SEARCH pane). Once in the Control Panel there is a selection for Pictures and Albums on the left side of the screen under Networking. You can upload pics, create and edit your albums from the control panel. I learned this by searching/reading through fitfreak's FAQs which is also on that grey bar above the search pane.

I really would like to see your pics as well!
 
  #25  
Old 08-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shokan, NY
Posts: 2,239
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz View Post
You can actually upload your pics directly to the fitfreak site using your User Control Panel (UserCP "button" on the grey bar just above the SEARCH pane). Once in the Control Panel there is a selection for Pictures and Albums on the left side of the screen under Networking. You can upload pics, create and edit your albums from the control panel. I learned this by searching/reading through fitfreak's FAQs which is also on that grey bar above the search pane.

I really would like to see your pics as well!
Thanks for that.
 
  #26  
Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 AM
cheesewhiz's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by SilverEX15 View Post
Thanks for that.
No problem ... maybe I'll start an Info thread about uploading pics as I ran into the same difficulty when I first tried to add my own pics. I definitely suggest reading/searching the fitfreak FAQS ... PIC file size has to be under 100Kb if I'm not mistaken

Very interested in seeing the difference with the HID bulbs. A friend at work did this to his Mustang and swears it is an incredible difference!
 
  #27  
Old 08-17-2014, 01:35 PM
15BlkPrl's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Md
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz View Post
Very interested in seeing the difference with the HID bulbs. A friend at work did this to his Mustang and swears it is an incredible difference!
Heres mine with 6000k HID headlight bulbs. Also did the fog lights as well... Love them.
 
  #28  
Old 08-17-2014, 05:32 PM
ArchaicAP2's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 97
What kit did you end up going with? Looks good.
 
  #29  
Old 08-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 415
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl View Post
Heres mine with 6000k HID headlight bulbs. Also did the fog lights as well... Love them.
Looks excellent!
 
  #30  
Old 08-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 58
  #31  
Old 08-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 415
Finally got around to doing mine. Super easy to install and look great!

 
  #32  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:58 PM
15BlkPrl's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Md
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by andre181 View Post
Finally got around to doing mine. Super easy to install and look great!

Looks,nice...
 
  #33  
Old 08-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 340
How's the glare in these hids guys ? I got an H4 hid 6000k kit I have laying around in the garage from an older car and I'm curious if HIDs on the fit halogen housings are anti high beam safe lol
 

Last edited by noripwr; 08-22-2014 at 08:35 PM.
  #34  
Old 11-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 808
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by andre181 View Post
Finally got around to doing mine. Super easy to install and look great!

What bolt did you guys use for grounding the harness? I've experienced some stalling on the bolts that I have tried.
 
  #35  
Old 11-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LA
Posts: 32
Wait you install HID on reflectors -_-?
 
  #36  
Old 11-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
So far the Hid's are freaking awesome. Best $53 bucks spent and YES they are hi-low beams. I'm on military base 5 days out of the 7 and the cops on base have other things to care about. When I'm out in town, I roll my windows down just in case...and it is illegal to tint the front windows here in california but the dealership installed my tint for no extra charge in my contract, so I took it.

I will post up the pictures as soon as I put them on photobucket. sorry for the lag. lol
Yep, I have 50% tint in the front and 20% in the back. This is my third car tinted here in California and not once been bothered by cops.

I figured long as it's not like 20% or 5% tint in the front they won't bother you.

Cops have bigger issues to deal with than window tints.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TaubBaer
3rd Generation (2015+)
1
11-16-2018 07:39 PM
uzapuca
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
13
08-09-2016 04:36 PM
xancholy
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
91
07-04-2015 02:55 PM
spaghetina
3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum
1
12-15-2014 03:04 PM
kristoffer
3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum
4
10-23-2014 10:44 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Hid's, Tint, Interior Led light bulbs


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.