3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Where are the yellow Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Where are the yellow Fits?

Going to eventually buy a new Fit but wanted to see the yellow in person before I decide on color, it be red or yellow. Not heard anything about the yellow. Any info on what's taking so long and when it will be available? I see a couple listed on autotrader without pictures.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:14 PM
I just found one yellow pictured on autotrader 260 miles away. Looks better then I thought it would.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:30 PM
It's a pale yellow with some green added (not the best yellow honda has made) I think it looks horrid & in a couple years when it fades it will look worse. Previous versions are more orange tinted. Search google #unbuenfit for a couple commercials with the yellow one.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
It's a pale yellow with some green added (not the best yellow honda has made) I think it looks horrid & in a couple years when it fades it will look worse. Previous versions are more orange tinted. Search google #unbuenfit for a couple commercials with the yellow one.
So you have seen it in person? I have seen all kinds of pictures and videos. Holding out until I put my hands on one.
Wondering if there is a problem with the yellow because there are very few out there yet.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Yellow was mentioned to be a "late Summer" release, per Honda. I don't know why. It's probably a production/manufacturing reason.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by badyellowvette
So you have seen it in person? I have seen all kinds of pictures and videos. Holding out until I put my hands on one.
Wondering if there is a problem with the yellow because there are very few out there yet.
I've seen one in person in the Philippines and it looked like how ArchaicAP2 described it. It's a bit pale with a slight green cast which I think came from the fluorescent shop lights (it was in the service area getting prepped). It was nice, but not a glowing bright yellow nor a creamy thick looking yellow. I posted a pic here somewhere.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Looks like somebody in Celaya Mexico forgot to order the yellow paint color. LOL!

Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
kansas

one on the lot in hutchinson kansas. pics online. lx cvt

Old 08-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by bigdoglover
one on the lot in hutchinson kansas. pics online. lx cvt
Big Dog lover, is that a large furry tail wagging K9 or a chromed out roaring beast Big Dog K9?
Here is my Big Dog/my little dog

Name:  Daisy20llll1.jpg
Views: 1755
Size:  34.0 KBName:  001-10.jpg
Views: 1899
Size:  57.2 KB

Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
mine is a large 85 pound yellow lab! your's are both nice!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:12 AM
2015 yellow fit

Originally Posted by badyellowvette
Going to eventually buy a new Fit but wanted to see the yellow in person before I decide on color, it be red or yellow. Not heard anything about the yellow. Any info on what's taking so long and when it will be available? I see a couple listed on autotrader without pictures.
I just bought my yellow fit 3 weeks ago. I had to wait for the next available fit to come in but when I heard it was going to be yellow I jumped on it. It is a lighter yellow, kind of banana yellow. In certain lighting it has a greenish hue to it. It's nickname is Chiquita (chiquita banana)

Old 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitllama
I just bought my yellow fit 3 weeks ago. I had to wait for the next available fit to come in but when I heard it was going to be yellow I jumped on it. It is a lighter yellow, kind of banana yellow. In certain lighting it has a greenish hue to it. It's nickname is Chiquita (chiquita banana)
Pics please!

Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by fitllama

We have yet to see a yellow Fit in the flesh, though I know they have begun to appear on the Cars website. Even found a couple of the dealers on Cars website that had pictures of the yellow Fit on their lot. Of course the yellow looks different at each of the two dealers..... Got tired of waiting to even see the yellow in the flesh, so settled for white instead.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Want my yellow Fit

I'm wanting a yellow EX CVT. Dealer says it'll be about a month. I've got two people ahead of me, so thinking of putting down my $500 deposit next week. Dealer promises it's refundable, and they have a good reputation locally. Luckily, I am not in a tearing hurry, as my current car is still working fine. But... I WANT it. Spongebob Squarecar will be mine! I even found some appropriate decals online so I can put Spongebob, Patric, Plankton and Gary the Snail on the windows.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
"Guys, what do you mean you used it all up to paint the walls???? That was supposed to go on the cars!"

Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I checked autotrader, there's a yellow Ex CVT in Paramus, NJ(DCH Paramus Honda) that was just listed.

I'm after a blue one, the closest one to me is about 500 miles away.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:19 PM
A bit far...

Originally Posted by Anyatheawesome
I checked autotrader, there's a yellow Ex CVT in Paramus, NJ(DCH Paramus Honda) that was just listed.

I'm after a blue one, the closest one to me is about 500 miles away.
New Jersey is a long drive from Austin, Texas. I think I'll be patient a bit longer. There have been some blue ones here... http://www.firsttexashonda.com/new-inventory/Honda?gclid=CO_PhLSwyMACFSpo7AodSAQAzQ&Make=Honda& Model=Fit&ColorExterior=Aegean%20Blue%20Metallic#I nvTitleArea and http://www.howdyhonda.com/inventory#q=Blue%20fit&t=n&c=

Old 09-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat
New Jersey is a long drive from Austin, Texas. I think I'll be patient a bit longer. There have been some blue ones here... New Honda Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Hybrids For Sale | Fit Inventory | Austin, Texas | First Texas Honda and Find cars for sale in Austin TX
Yeah sorry, I had meant the OP because I noticed that they were from PA which isn't that bad of a drive to NJ.

Lol, the car that I want is close to you while the one that you want is close to me. What are the odds haha.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Y'all are welcome to visit us here in Texas...

Originally Posted by Anyatheawesome
Yeah sorry, I had meant the OP because I noticed that they were from PA which isn't that bad of a drive to NJ.

Lol, the car that I want is close to you while the one that you want is close to me. What are the odds haha.
Austin's a fun town to visit. And we have a couple large Honda dealers who both get pretty good ratings. I don't have the time off or inclination to purchase in another state. Think I'll go ahead and order one next week and just hope it appears before Christmas. (My busy season really begins Christmas Eve...). But if you come, we've got friendly folks, terrific BBQ a good live music scene.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Want these for Spongebob Squarecar

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N97LVE?pc_redir=1408650804&robot_redir=1. Spongebob floor mats.

Quick Reply: Where are the yellow Fits?