3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Differences between US and Canada 3rd Gen Fits

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Differences between US and Canada 3rd Gen Fits

Hey Guys and Gals,

Tallguynb made a special request for a post pointing out some of the differences between the US and Canada GK Fits. Since it's pouring rain outside my Honda dealership at the moment and tumbleweeds drift around the showroom floor, I figured now is more than a better time to do so.

Let's put in some ground rules to start. This is not meant to represent every single difference between both models, just the main differences that stand out. Im sure you wont need the conversion between Gal and Lit, and so on and so forth. Let's just focus on the fun things, shall we?

So let's get started.

Trims

The first thing that stands out right away is the differences in trim levels, with the US version available in three, while Canada gets four.

USA = LX, EX and EX-L

Canada = DX, LX, EX and EX-L Navi

The maple leaf's Fit DX looks pretty similar to the US LX. The main difference is the DX being available only in a 6 speed manual transmission, while the US LX has the option of both a manual and CVT tranny. The DX also lacks Automatic Headlights, AC (you read this correctly), power windows and cruise control.

The DX is basically the tuners choice, if you want a Fit to strip down and prep for the track.

US LX vs Canada LX

This is where things get interesting. While the Canadian Fit LX lacks the Auto Headlights from it's US cousin, it does give you standard Heated Seats. In fact, all Canadian Fits, excluding the DX, offer them as a standard feature, regardless of cloth or leather upholstery.

Another win for the Canadian LX is the inclusion of Honda's Display Audio, which you need to jump to a US EX model to get. It does retain its 4 speaker system, just like the US LX, however.

US EX vs Canada EX

What stands out here is the Canadian Fit EX excludes Smart Key with Push Start Ignition, but gives you a Leather Wrapped Steering wheel. The US EX basically trades both options.

US EX-L vs Canada EX-L Navi

Canada's EX-L comes with Navi, where on the US EX-L its an option. The Canadian EX-L Navi also adds Auto Climate Control, which is not available in any US trim. It also includes the Smart Key with Push Start, which starts on the EX trim in the US.

The Big One

And the biggest difference between the US and Canada Fits?

You can get a 6 Speed manual transmission on every Canadian trim, while only available on US LX and EX models.

So there you have it. Just some quick things to share in regards to both version of our GK Fit. Im sure some Canadians would love some features from the US version and vice versa. But in the end, let's just be happy that Honda gave us such a cool ride in the first place, right?

My apologies for any errors or big exclusions, but if you have more things you would like to add on that you felt I missed, but all means let us know below.

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Do Canadian Fits get projector headlamps?

Old 08-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Bet the Guys down in the us might be envious of that climate control.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Yosemite
Might?......

Old 08-12-2014, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Do Canadian Fits get projector headlamps?
No mention of HIDs. Here. This should clear up the Canadian Fit features

2015 Honda Fit

Old 08-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
curious if we can jack that auto headlight thing and put it into a ge8

Old 08-13-2014, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Are Canadian fits made in China?
It's awesome to have Ex-L with manual in yellow. Especially if it was a Japanese model (with L15 engine in it)

Old 08-13-2014, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
Unless you really want Navi the EX is the best here in Canada. A lot of money - $2,000 for Navi, leather seats and winkers.

A DIY for winkers. We do get folding ones though. A set of Clazzios much better for leather seating.

Can't believe the price of some of the options. $500 for lighted door sills. Over $200 for floor lighting. $300 for body side moldings which may prevent nothing hitting the doors.

We do get paddle shifters that were missing on the GEs here.

I am keeping my GE

Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
I think all gks in North America are made in Mexico

Old 08-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
I was thinking the exact same thing bro. I miss this feature and windows roll down feature from remote.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
It would be hard, as there is a sensor in the dash that measures the amount of light.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Harder things have been done. But why not find European parts for the GE?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
Might?......
Only until it stops working!

The one that surprised me is that DX gets manual windows. That took additional engineering to design the manual window regulators. Some manufacturers find that the extra engineering cost is more than simply putting power windows on all models.

Last edited by GeorgeL; 08-14-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator
Harder things have been done. But why not find European parts for the GE?
looked at lings auto and the units are 900 bucks. the GK ones are 80 bucks. wonder what other connections/units are needed to make it work

Old 12-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Only until it stops working!

The one that surprised me is that DX gets manual windows.
DX GK5 do get auto windows. No manual windows on all trims period.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Damn. I shoulda just gone to Canada to get mine. Would've LOVED to have heated cloth seats. Maybe I could find a totaled one and import the seats or something? I know it's more work than that, but I want them so bad! (I was really excited when I found out that the 2015 CR-V EX had them too)

Old 12-11-2014, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
POLL PLEASE FROM US OWNERS ONLY - Temperature Guage

In Canada only the CVT's are fitted with the Outside Temperature Guage.

Can I ONLY have some responses from the US members as to whether they have this on a Manual Transmission and what trim level its on.

I am trying to see what reasoning Honda Canada are using to say that they are only needed on the CVT's here BECAUSE OF THE ECONO button.

Thanks in advance US owners..

Last edited by trashercan; 12-11-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by trashercan

Can I ONLY have some responses from the US members as to whether they have this on a Manual Transmission and what trim level its on.

I am trying to see what reasoning Honda Canada are using to say that they are only needed on the CVT's here with the ECONO button.

I have the temp gauge on my EX 6-speed. The ECON button is only on CVT models here, and I could see that being because of the gas pedal on-off frequency with shifting. My dad has a CR-V and he read that the ECON mode basically dulls the gas pedal (extra effort) and retunes some shift points to allow for better city mpg, and that is where more shifting is required (especially for 6-speeds).

Old 12-11-2014, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trashercan

I am trying to see what reasoning Honda Canada are using to say that they are only needed on the CVT's here BECAUSE OF THE ECONO button.

ME? I got Ambient air temp guage on my LX MT 6 speed.

HONDA secretly trying to start a war between US/Canada over FIT options?

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 12-11-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Sometimes I get jealous because I would like a Engine Start button on my Canadian EX 6MT but then I'll just smile as I grip my leather steering wheel with my buns toasting from the heated seats.

Although, the one gripe that I do have with the Canadian EX is that it does have the slot for the push button start it's just covered up.

Quick Reply: Differences between US and Canada 3rd Gen Fits