3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Wheel spacers

Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Wheel spacers

Hi all, I saw a few pictures in the portuguese forum that mentioned rear spacers on the new Fit.

The battleship on this car is horrendous, particularly in the rear.
I believe our bolt pattern is 4x100, anyone know the hub size, or what size spacer is needed in the rear to make that rear wheel comparable to how the front sits?

I am not looking to lower the car or anything, just want that wheel out a bit so it doesn't look like I'll tip over. Not hella flush either.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
I think someone on here lowered their car and also had spacers which made it look very nice. I cant seem to find it. I would love to do some spacers too and maybe lower it in the future with tein coilovers.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
Hi all, I saw a few pictures in the portuguese forum that mentioned rear spacers on the new Fit.

The battleship on this car is horrendous, particularly in the rear.
I believe our bolt pattern is 4x100, anyone know the hub size, or what size spacer is needed in the rear to make that rear wheel comparable to how the front sits?

I am not looking to lower the car or anything, just want that wheel out a bit so it doesn't look like I'll tip over. Not hella flush either.
wat do you mean by battleship?

and yah, 56.1 center bore probably

Old 08-19-2014, 04:28 PM
I had to google this one.

A set of rims (wheels) on a car with a higher offset than is socially acceptable. This means the rims sit far within the guard, an undesirable look in car communities which endorse the "hellaflush" style of wheel fitment. This offset can lead to the rims described as being "sunk" into the guard.
The term "sunk" was eventually linked to the popular saying, "You sunk my battleship."
The word "battleship" then began to be used as a verb in this context, leading to the term "Battleship Rims".

Old 08-19-2014, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHIBA

A set of rims (wheels) on a car with a higher offset than is socially acceptable. This means the rims sit far within the guard, an undesirable look in car communities which endorse the "hellaflush" style of wheel fitment. This offset can lead to the rims described as being "sunk" into the guard.
The term "sunk" was eventually linked to the popular saying, "You sunk my battleship."
The word "battleship" then began to be used as a verb in this context, leading to the term "Battleship Rims".
Thanks for clearing that up ... seriously ... I did not know.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Figured I would post a shot of my Fit with newly installed spacers. Fantastic improvement in looks in my opinion, from such a slight change!

Name:  ANf3xn6.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  771.9 KB

Old 09-16-2015, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ire-specs.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...r16-tires.html

HTH,

es

Old 09-16-2015, 04:25 PM
jhn
Thread moved in 3...2...1...

I did it w/ 25mm spacers rear only; now I have wider wheels with 10mm spacers, rear only.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking of doing this in the rear (giggidy), but have heard some grumbles about it having some negative effects on axel longevity etc. Any truth to that?

Old 09-16-2015, 06:35 PM
jhn
I don't think so at all. Here's what H & R says:

FAQ :: trakplus.com

Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHIBA

Glad you explained this. No way would I ever have made THAT connection.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Other than for looks, is there any other benefit of wheel spacers?

Old 09-17-2015, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Other than for looks, is there any other benefit of wheel spacers?
Not for the average driver.

es

Old 09-17-2015, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
And for the unaverage driver?

Old 09-17-2015, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
And for the unaverage driver?
I resemble that remark!

Perhaps a slight, SLIGHT increase in stability (you're effectively widening the base of a triangle drawn between the tires and center of roll).

If aesthetics are not what you're interested in, they're probably not worth doing.

I went with the aftermarket 205 wheels I linked above, and that made a slight, but noticeable improvement in handling, probably more to do with the wider tires. I've since added a 19mm rear sway bar, which made another nice improvement (without negatively impacting ride quality).

es

Old 11-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
Thread moved in 3...2...1...

I did it w/ 25mm spacers rear only; now I have wider wheels with 10mm spacers, rear only.

where did you get the spacers from? I've looked online and I don't know if I need a specific one for my gk5

Old 11-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Do you guys just look for ways to spend money- Theres no difference in looks- and if honda wanted it like that they would have designed it that way. any failure in the wheel/rear end will have you at fault.

No reason to add a stress point where no issue is present. Car's not going to flip over.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mrgrzesk
Do you guys just look for ways to spend money- Theres no difference in looks- and if honda wanted it like that they would have designed it that way. any failure in the wheel/rear end will have you at fault.

No reason to add a stress point where no issue is present. Car's not going to flip over.
Settle down, Beavis

Old 11-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kenchan
wat do you mean by battleship?
Imagine in your head a battleship sitting in the water as the car. Take note how the sides of the battle ship slant outward from the center as it moves away from the water (road). The look many car people go for is the opposite, the closer you get to a turtle (wider stance) the less like a battleship the car will look.

as for @figmk5, do you notice any rubbing in the wheel wells during heavy cornering? i would imagine under compression, with the spacers and without rolling out the panels, this could be a thing.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Rather than a battleship I see the Fit as a really cool canoe. I think tumblehome best describes the look. I'm not a fan of spacers, they add a failure point & put more load on the wheel bearings. You'd be better off buying new wheels with more of a positive offset if that's the look you like.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel spacers