3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Vendor tip when buying accessories

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Vendor tip when buying accessories

Not to sound like spam. I got my 2015 Fit a month ago and recently started looking for accessories. I went to the Honda eStore
Honda online store: You are shopping for 2015 Honda Accessories

From there, I wrote down the parts number. I called my local dealer to make sure they were selling at the same price listed on the eStore. I then googled the part number. After comparing site to site, I found the best deals at OEM Honda Parts at up to 50% off MSRP | Welcome to the Honda Parts Network.

Again, you're free to shop wherever. I like how Bernardi Parts has instruction manuals which is really helpful. I also like how Honda Parts Network has pictures that tell you what is included and what else is needed that's not included. However, I saved myself almost $200 from buying online and figured I'd pass along the tip.

I haven't received my parts yet, but I did receive a prompt response and email with tracking information so feel fairly confident.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Dealer may match prices

I printed prices from the same (honda parts network) and brought to my local Honda Dealer (did NOT buy my car there) and they said they would match the online prices! Dealer list for White Orchid Pearl touch-up paint was $39.00! Online price was $13 - $14 ... dealer sold it to me for $13 -$14 (I forget)! Also told me he was willing to match prices on any other parts/accessories I needed with next day delivery if not in stock at time of my request. Worth looking into and probably more savings from shipping to your home!

NOTE: White Orchid Pearl is the only touch-up that is a two-part kit: base and finish coat. Other colors $7-$9 if memory serves me

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 09-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Price matching dealer in Massachusetts

I would dearly love to find a dealer in Massachusetts who will match internet prices. I have started buying accessories and it's getting costly. Tint, wheel locks, led interior lighting, clear door edge guards, snow tires, done. Cargo cover, cargo liner, all weather mats, shark fin antenna, pro-clip and headlight upgrade and more, still on the list. The name of your price matching dealer would be great.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I have dealt with Honda parts network and was quite pleased with Price, Shipping cost and speed!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Also check out Amazon. I just bought OEM splash guards and rubber floor mats for a really good price for my '15 LX. They were cheaper than what I was finding on eBay.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
I printed prices from the same (honda parts network) and brought to my local Honda Dealer (did NOT buy my car there) and they said they would match the online prices! Dealer list for White Orchid Pearl touch-up paint was $39.00! Online price was $13 - $14 ... dealer sold it to me for $13 -$14 (I forget)! Also told me he was willing to match prices on any other parts/accessories I needed with next day delivery if not in stock at time of my request. Worth looking into and probably more savings from shipping to your home!

NOTE: White Orchid Pearl is the only touch-up that is a two-part kit: base and finish coat. Other colors $7-$9 if memory serves me
Yeah I thought of asking to price match but the guy on the phone sounded rude so I didn't want to give them my business... not to mention I'd have to wait an hour in traffic to pick them up when I can get them delivered to my house. It would have made it much faster though.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nullxposur
Yeah I thought of asking to price match but the guy on the phone sounded rude so I didn't want to give them my business... not to mention I'd have to wait an hour in traffic to pick them up when I can get them delivered to my house. It would have made it much faster though.
You are absolutely right about the Honda Parts network: ordered my rear-bumper-applique and door-edge-guards from them and shipping was same for one or both items ($10.84). didn't know I needed the touch up paint to install the edge-guards ... shit! If I had included paint in my initial order I think shipping would have still been only $10.84 (UPS - plenty of room left in the box). Have not been back to dealer yet to find if they will keep to their word. Was hoping to get cargo cover and clips next.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
You are absolutely right about the Honda Parts network: ordered my rear-bumper-applique and door-edge-guards from them and shipping was same for one or both items ($10.84). didn't know I needed the touch up paint to install the edge-guards ... shit! If I had included paint in my initial order I think shipping would have still been only $10.84 (UPS - plenty of room left in the box). Have not been back to dealer yet to find if they will keep to their word. Was hoping to get cargo cover and clips next.
And if you can wait, the cheap shipping is less than the in-state taxes for a local dealer. I ordered the cargo cover in case you want a second opinion on how it looks and stuff.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Found the 2nd gen base model foglight kit for 220 plus 13 shipping. I might pull the trigger, but I am gonna wait til a few success stories show up. Im always warry of unknown websites